Does Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday effect where you shop

20 Nov 2010 13:04 #41 by Wayne Harrison
I've always found that spiritual people have more morals than religious people.

Spiritual people are good because it's just the right thing to do, not because they fear retribution from their God when they die.

I did read something funny the other day though: "If God had been a liberal, the 10 Commandments would have been the 10 Suggestions."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2010 13:08 #42 by outdoor338
I have always found people of faith have more morals then those who are spiritual, there is a difference. Thank God He is who He is, forgiving, loving and perfect..me, I am trying just to make it here on earth as best as I can, that's all He asks of me!

20 Nov 2010 13:09 - 20 Nov 2010 13:13 #43 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote: I've always found that spiritual people have more morals than religious people.

Spiritual people are good because it's just the right thing to do, not because they fear retribution from their God when they die.

I did read something funny the other day though: "If God had been a liberal, the 10 Commandments would have been the 10 Suggestions."

Pineguy, we does evil come from? If people are good because it's just the right thing to do, why are some evil? Jim Jones of People's Temple, Joseph Di Mambro of Solar Temple, and Marshall Applegate of Heaven's Gate were spiritual.

20 Nov 2010 13:10 #44 by Wayne Harrison
Evil comes from someone deciding that what they want is more important than anything else.

My dog has no concept of God or the devil, but he still grabs the other dog's food sometimes. Did the devil make him do it or was it just him thinking about himself and the here and now?

20 Nov 2010 13:14 #45 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote: Evil comes from someone deciding that what they want is more important than anything else.

My dog has no concept of God or the devil, but he still grabs the other dog's food sometimes. Did the devil make him do it or was it just him thinking about himself and the here and now?

So humans are dogs and should be treated as such?

Are you saying that evil is a choice?

Note to self: How many responses will I get before the name calling?

20 Nov 2010 13:48 #46 by Wayne Harrison
Of course I'm saying evil is a choice!

Are you saying it's not -- that some people are just naturally evil and can't think for themselves? Or are you going with, "The devil made me do it" argument?

I'm saying dogs make choices, the same as people. I'm also saying most dogs are better than a lot of people out there and if there's a Heaven without dogs, it's not much of a Heaven.

Deciding what you want is more important that anything or anybody else is evil, in my book.

20 Nov 2010 14:22 #47 by ckm8
Did you notice that all the "evil" people you listed worked through religion? It sounds like you only do the right thing out of fear, not out of morality. People like you scare me- you'll steal, lie and cheat as long as you don't feel you risk being caught. I'll always do the right thing because it's the right thing. If we force our kids to worship your Christ at Christmas then we should also force yours to observe Ramadan, Skanda Sahshti, Hannukah and every other religious festival that comes down the pike. Of course there'll be no time for actual school, but obviously you don't have time to serve your religious duties as parents and now want the school to do them for you. If you want to see your kid in a Christmas pagent, join a church and go to it there. That's where it belongs.

20 Nov 2010 14:35 #48 by Something the Dog Said
Of course Osama Bin Laden considers himself a religious individual, as did the Ayatolleh Khomenini, as well such "enlightened" religious leaders such as Fred Phelps.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

20 Nov 2010 19:28 #49 by jf1acai
They should just say 'Thanks for helping us stay in business'.

After all, we wouldn't want anyone to be Merry, or Happy, it might offend those who are not Merry, or Happy.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Nov 2010 20:27 #50 by Cupcake
I shop where I need to shop, get what I need to get, and anyone who is offended by the cashier's greeting of "Happy Holidays" really needs to lighten up. It's a greeting - and a wish that you enjoy whatever holiday it is that you and yours celebrate. I will wish you all and all of the cashiers a "Merry Christmas" because that's what I celebrate. If they respond with "Happy Hanukkah", that's totally cool with me.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds