Is Snopes.com Biased?

25 Nov 2010 16:09 #21 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Snopes.com Biased?
I guess I missed the interview where Obama admitted he was born in Kenya.....funny, the newspapers, the TV news, even FOX, missed it. And, I guess, the Republican party missed it. What secret sources do you have nmysis?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Nov 2010 16:49 #22 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Is Snopes.com Biased?
When you spell my screen name right for once, I will answer you and not before. I am sick of you Elitists doing that. Either do it or go to hell!

25 Nov 2010 16:55 #23 by Nmysys
Dispute it coming right out of his own mouth before he knew that he needed to be born in America, to be the President.

[youtube:ltbl9gay]
[/youtube:ltbl9gay]

25 Nov 2010 17:05 - 25 Nov 2010 17:25 #24 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Is Snopes.com Biased?
I thought people on here had more sense than this...

"Before he knew he needed to be born in America to to president.."???? Did you really say that?

Check the Constitution. You have to be born in America to be elected Senator, or any national political office. He was a U.S. Senator before he was elected president.

See the "obamasnippets.com" in the bottom left corner of the video? Notice where he said he wasn't he wasn't born here or in Hawaii that the camera is not on his face. Notice the music playing in the background to hide the crude edits? Notice how no one in the audience gasps or reacts to the biggest political bombshell of the 20th century?

Then go to [url=http://www.obamasnipperts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.obamasnipperts.com[/url] and read their disclaimer:

This is not "political."
This is just for fun.
This is not an "Anti-Obama" site.
This is not a "Pro-Obama" site.
This is an "Obama Humor" site.
No need to discuss politics here.
There are plenty of other sites for that.
Thanks for your interest in ObamaSnippetsDotCom

You're an idiot if you think it's for real and even more of an idiot for trying to pass it off as real.

Wait, I've got an article from The Onion I think you'll believe. Let me find it...

People who go to a humor site or the "Mike in the Morning Show" for ammunition in a political debate amaze me.

25 Nov 2010 17:20 #25 by JSG
I did some searching on Bing and found the original video, but I'm sure you won't watch it. This is for the more sane people reading this discussion:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/video/The-Pre ... -in-Turkey

25 Nov 2010 17:25 #26 by Nmysys
No person shall run for the U.S. Legislature that has not been a citizen of the United States of America for 7 years. It does not say that a U.S. Senator has to be born in the U.S.

So Mr. bigshot with all the facts, what say you now?

25 Nov 2010 17:33 #27 by JSG
That was my bad but it doesn't matter anyway. You were putting forth the argument he gave this speech before he knew he had to be born in the United States. The edited speech you put up was from a speech he gave in Turkey in 2009 when he already was president.

You're still an idiot for offering a YouTube video labeled as humor as proof of your assertion and believing the video. What say you about the other points besides the one I was clearly wrong about. (and U.S. Senators SHOULD be born in the U.S. as far as I am concerned).

Are you big enough a man to admit you were wrong? I am.

25 Nov 2010 17:38 #28 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic Is Snopes.com Biased?
Question - was his mother an American citizen when he was born?? If so, then I believe he is a 'natural born citizen' despite where he might have been born. My brother was born in Germany but both of our parents are citizens so therefore he is a citizen by birth.

25 Nov 2010 17:48 #29 by JSG
Per the 14th Amendment, Barack Obama is, in fact, a natural-born citizen of the United States, for the simple reason that he was born on American soil (in Hawaii, two years after it acquired statehood). The status of his mother is irrelevant in determining his citizenship. As you mentioned, the citizenship status of his mother at the time of his birth have no bearing on Obama's own citizenship, (the principle of jus soli.)

I'm going to bow out of this discussion because it's a waste of time discussing this with idiots still trying to make a case that he is not a U.S. citizen. I'd rather spend my time arguing politics with the more sane.

25 Nov 2010 17:57 #30 by Nmysys
Good bye!!

For your information I have many times stated that I was wrong and apologized. I have a great number of things that I could post that would prove that your messiah was not born in Hawaii. But here is an interesting position that bears a question:

When anyone else would quickly and easily produce a birth certificate, this man has spent over a million dollars to deny access to his. Most other documents, the paper trail we all leave in our wake, have been sequestered from review. He has lived a make-believe life whose true facts remain hidden.

Why? To keep some sense of confidentiality? Or does he have many things to hide!

Why is it that no one remembers him from school? What passport did he travel to Pakistan on when it was illegal for Americans to travel there? Why did he receive a Pell grant for a foreign exchange student?

How about answering some questions instead of scoffing at them?

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds