Feds: Somali Teen Tried to Bomb Oregon Tree Lighting

27 Nov 2010 06:45 #1 by outdoor338
Ahh, those fine young muslim youths are up to the Christmas spirit again.

Nov. 27) -- Police in Oregon have arrested a Somali teenager for allegedly trying to detonate a car bomb in a crowd of revelers at a Christmas tree lighting ceremony in downtown Portland.

Agents swooped in to nab 19-year-old Mohamed Osman Mohamud, a naturalized U.S. citizen, just after he dialed a mobile phone Friday evening that he believed would detonate a van packed with explosives. But the bomb was a fake, planted by undercover agents in a sophisticated sting operation that began back in June.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/fe ... n/19734809

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2010 09:32 #2 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hey America wants to keep importing trash so it will reap the rewards. Instead of telling this turd world scum you have 5 years to assimilate or your ass gets shipped back to whatever hole you oozed out of.

27 Nov 2010 09:39 #3 by Achmed
This is clearly what the American courts call entrapping. It is easy to target Muslim men.

27 Nov 2010 09:55 #4 by major bean
Entrapment? Sure. He said, "Hey, come trap me". He even told them what size of trap he would get into. What kind of bait that he would go for. Where to put the trap. What time of day that he would most likely go into the trap.
Sure, entrapment.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Nov 2010 10:45 #5 by Nmysys
The only thing we so far have going for us here in this country is that these plots have been attempted by the idiots from third world countries. Hopefully people in this country are beginning to realize how large this Jihad is and the fact that they only have to succeed once, while our security has to succeed every time. They can only get smarter and one day we will have another terrorist attack that will succeed. Hopefully our government will call it what it is, acts of terrorism.

Oh, I forgot, we have brought it on ourselves according to the left, by Occupying their sacred lands.

27 Nov 2010 11:13 #6 by ckm8
What we have had is the FBI enabling inept would be terrorists. I find this program highly questionable.

27 Nov 2010 11:20 #7 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: The only thing we so far have going for us here in this country is that these plots have been attempted by the idiots from third world countries. Hopefully people in this country are beginning to realize how large this Jihad is and the fact that they only have to succeed once, while our security has to succeed every time. They can only get smarter and one day we will have another terrorist attack that will succeed. Hopefully our government will call it what it is, acts of terrorism.

Oh, I forgot, we have brought it on ourselves according to the left, by Occupying their sacred lands.

I, too, am glad that they caught this plot and I agree that eternal vigilance is pretty much the only answer right now.

But, Nmysys, if you know why the terrorists are attacking, why don't you tell us? Go on over to that thread and post your reasoning.

27 Nov 2010 11:23 #8 by Travelingirl

ckm8 wrote: What we have had is the FBI enabling inept would be terrorists. I find this program highly questionable.

But the good folks in Oregon found this program actually saved their lives. Now what's the question?

27 Nov 2010 12:03 #9 by ckm8
You're sitting in a bar bitchin about your ex. If they crossed the street in front of you you wouldn't hit the brake. Then a guy comes up to you and starts involving you in a plot to kill your ex. Is this entrapment? Would you really have killed your ex without encouragement and collaboration? How many of these "plots" are really just big mouthed punks who'd never do anything on their own cozened along by law enforcement? You have to wonder.

27 Nov 2010 12:25 #10 by Residenttroll returns

Mohamed Osman Mohamud, 19, was arrested at 5:40 p.m. Friday just after he dialed a cell phone that he thought would set off the blast but instead brought federal agents and police swooping down on him.

Yelling "Allahu Akbar!" - Arabic for "God is great!" - Mohamud tried to kick agents and police after he was taken into custody, according to prosecutors.
"The threat was very real," said Arthur Balizan, special agent in charge of the FBI in Oregon. "Our investigation shows that Mohamud was absolutely committed to carrying out an attack on a very grand scale."

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds