Feds: Somali Teen Tried to Bomb Oregon Tree Lighting

27 Nov 2010 12:54 #11 by outdoor338

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2010 13:46 #12 by Travelingirl

ckm8 wrote: You're sitting in a bar bitchin about your ex. If they crossed the street in front of you you wouldn't hit the brake. Then a guy comes up to you and starts involving you in a plot to kill your ex. Is this entrapment? Would you really have killed your ex without encouragement and collaboration? How many of these "plots" are really just big mouthed punks who'd never do anything on their own cozened along by law enforcement? You have to wonder.

Just wondering...could the FBI be playing the "Let's Entrap a Terrorist" game just to see if maybe they can also get more information out of him about his buddies, future plans, etc? I mean, stopping a plot to kill fine Oregonians is great, but maybe there's just a little more to the story than what's being reported.

27 Nov 2010 13:59 #13 by major bean
He was entrapped by no one. He initiated the whole thing by contacting the terrorists. Our gov't merely played along after he started. And I do not see how he was "enabled". If the bomb was active that he tried to set off, then, yes, I would say that he was enabled. But it seems that he had been disabled by having a fake bomb.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Nov 2010 14:04 #14 by ckm8
It's not a question of entrapment, it's a question of whether or not the feds are taking big mouthed jerks that are no threat and turning them into terrorists by encouraging and enabling them. The difference might be too subtle for you to see.

27 Nov 2010 14:44 #15 by major bean
Oh, yes, I am to dumb to catch the subtle elements. How was he enabled whenever he was prevented?
Or is that too subtle for you

And.......you are feeling sorry for the hateful, would-be killer?

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Nov 2010 15:09 #16 by JSG
Thank God the Obama administration stopped yet another terrorist attack on our soil. I'm sure all patriotic Americans join me in saying WTG!

27 Nov 2010 15:40 #17 by ckm8
Never said I felt sorry for him. Just conspiring murder is a crime and he could have been jailed. Acting out the whole bomb kabuki accomplished what exactly? I think the Feebs have been watching too much tv.

27 Nov 2010 15:47 #18 by LadyJazzer
I think there's a lot more to it than what we've told so far...

In August, the U.S. Justice Department unsealed an indictment naming 14 people accused of being a deadly pipeline routing money and fighters from the U.S. to al-Shabab, an al-Qaida affiliated group in Mohamud's native Somalia.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40389899/ns ... -security/

I think they were after the network and the pipeline that is recruiting these locals, and supplying them with money and instructions. If they get 14 other people in the indictment, as well as the doofus that tried to pull it off, they've accomplished even more.

27 Nov 2010 15:48 #19 by Travelingirl

LadyJazzer wrote: I think there's a lot more to it than what we've told so far...

In August, the U.S. Justice Department unsealed an indictment naming 14 people accused of being a deadly pipeline routing money and fighters from the U.S. to al-Shabab, an al-Qaida affiliated group in Mohamud's native Somalia.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40389899/ns ... -security/

I think they were after the network and the pipeline that is recruiting these locals, and supplying them with money and instructions. If they get 14 other people in the indictment, as well as the doofus that tried to pull it off, they've accomplished even more.

Excellent! My thoughts exactly!!

27 Nov 2010 16:05 #20 by ckm8
My reading of this article
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/inde ... incart_mce
was that the kid was never able to contact anyone. It seems that DHS is intent on keeping us terrified- in effect doing the terrorists work for them. If the kid is working only with the FBI and not with other groups what could possibly be achieved by playing this out, but perhaps changing Portlands policies towards the federal Joint Terrorism Task Force?

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds