Feds: Somali Teen Tried to Bomb Oregon Tree Lighting

27 Nov 2010 23:54 #41 by Residenttroll returns
I must agree with Achmed. The boy was entrapped. Entrapped by his Muslim beliefs that he was going to get away with murdering Americans and get 72 virgins. I don't believe he was entrapped by the Feds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Nov 2010 03:22 #42 by outdoor338

28 Nov 2010 04:57 #43 by outdoor338
Great job by the FBI. That said, this is exactly how Law Enforcement should be operating, not how the ACLU thinks it should. Save all that money on "technology at the airport" and catch these guys before they even make it to the long-term car park. Profile, profile, profile.

28 Nov 2010 08:35 #44 by Something the Dog Said
Except that in this instance, there was no profiling, just good police work. The "plot" was discovered very early on by the monitoring of emails by undercover agents after receiving a tip from someone close to the U.S. citizen. Profiling had absolutely no role in this police work.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

28 Nov 2010 13:43 #45 by Travelingirl
"Fire set at mosque where terror suspect worshipped"

"Ahson Saeed, 25-years-old who worships at the center, called the fire "a heinous act."

I agree with Ahson. BUT...what does he think about the attempted bombing by his fellow Islamic Center worshiper? And why didn't he call THAT a "heinous act" too???

"Yosof Wanly, the imam at the Salman Alfarisi Islamic Center, said he was advised by friends to take his family out of their home because of the potential threat of hate crime, and members decried the alleged arson attack. No one was injured, and the fire was contained to one room."

Again...why did the imam not take the opportunity to denounce BOTH ACTS? Why did he not call that punk fellow-worshiper's heinous act a "hate crime"?

"We know how it is, we know some people due to ignorance are going to perceive of these things and hold most Muslims accountable," Wanly said. "We do what we can, but it's a tough situation."

Do what we can?? This ignorant imam needs a cold slap in the face! How about standing up publically and denouncing these acts of violence? That would be a great place to start!! They ARE NOT DOING "WHAT THEY CAN"!

If these muslims that accuse people of ignorance would denounce the violence that this punk and that of other muslim terrorists commit, maybe the rest of the world wouldn't lump them in with the rest of the barbarians that historically come out of these so-called "Islamic Worship Centers".

And they wonder why they all get lumped together with all the other jihadists?

http://www.aolnews.com/story/fire-set-a ... 276?cid=10

28 Nov 2010 15:07 #46 by Nmysys
Well stated TG.

28 Nov 2010 16:22 #47 by Something the Dog Said
You mean like this:

Two Oregon Muslim leaders held a Saturday evening news conference on the front steps of Portland City Hall to condemn the alleged bomb plot.

Imam Mikal Shabazz, president of the Oregon Islamic Chaplains Organization, and Shahriar Ahmed, president of the Bilal Mosque Association in Beaverton, said they were shocked by the plot but relieved there was never any danger to the public.

"We want to make sure that we go on record, and not just on record, but that our conviction is expressed, that we in no way, shape or form support this, no matter what the justification may be," Shabazz said"
http://www.newser.com/article/d9josb0g0 ... alone.html

Or like this:
"I had to say he did a number of things against the religion. He had a lifestyle that was against the religion. I can't really say that he was in a position to represent Islam," said Imam Yousef Wanly."
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Mohamud-w ... 26879.html

According to the FBI, they were initially tipped off about the Somalia born US citizen by a member of the Muslim community.

I am always amazed at the length that some will go to find an "outrage" to justify their bigotry.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

28 Nov 2010 16:34 #48 by Travelingirl
Gosh thanks! Not a bigot but definitely still outraged!

28 Nov 2010 16:38 #49 by Something the Dog Said

28 Nov 2010 17:56 #50 by Achmed
Should I fear for my safety?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds