Feds: Somali Teen Tried to Bomb Oregon Tree Lighting

27 Nov 2010 16:17 #21 by LadyJazzer
I don't think you actually read all of the article at the link I posted... It gave details of the plot, how it was monitored, etc.

The FBI monitored Mohamud's e-mail and found that he was in contact with people overseas, asking how he could travel to Pakistan and join the fight for jihad, according to an FBI affidavit.

It would appear that they monitored the others he contacted, and as it said, the indictment they unsealed named 14 people... Maybe I'm overlooking something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2010 16:30 #22 by Nmysys
Scruffy:

I have answered that question many times but you refuse to accept the answer. Read the Koran and just maybe the light will go on in your thick skull. It is called Jihad for a reason. They hate everyone that doesn't believe as they do. They hate Israel who is our ally. They blame us for allying ourselves with Israel.

So many people are trying to figure out how to blame us even for this incident. It makes me sick to my stomach that people in this country seem to hate this country so much that they will excuse anything and everybody that tries to do us harm, making us the bad guy.

NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY RIGHTS, I AM STILL USING THEM!!!!!!!!!!

27 Nov 2010 16:34 #23 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: I don't think you actually read all of the article at the link I posted... It gave details of the plot, how it was monitored, etc.

The FBI monitored Mohamud's e-mail and found that he was in contact with people overseas, asking how he could travel to Pakistan and join the fight for jihad, according to an FBI affidavit.

It would appear that they monitored the others he contacted, and as it said, the indictment they unsealed named 14 people... Maybe I'm overlooking something?

:yeahthat:
LJ :thumbsup:

27 Nov 2010 16:35 #24 by LadyJazzer

Nmysys wrote: So many people are trying to figure out how to blame us even for this incident. It makes me sick to my stomach that people in this country seem to hate this country so much that they will excuse anything and everybody that tries to do us harm, making us the bad guy.

Wow... What a great rant... (Too bad it really has nothing to do with the topic of the FBI breaking up a plot by a Somali kid to set off a bomb.) Yes, it would appear that the only people trying to "blame us for this incident" are the Obama-haters. The rest of us are applauding the great work of the FBI for discovering this early on and breaking it up before he could do any real harm.

27 Nov 2010 16:59 #25 by daisypusher

LadyJazzer wrote: Wow... What a great rant... (Too bad it really has nothing to do with the topic of the FBI breaking up a plot by a Somali kid to set off a bomb.) Yes, it would appear that the only people trying to "blame us for this incident" are the Obama-haters. The rest of us are applauding the great work of the FBI for discovering this early on and breaking it up before he could do any real harm.

ckm8 wrote: My reading of this article
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/inde ... incart_mce
was that the kid was never able to contact anyone. It seems that DHS is intent on keeping us terrified- in effect doing the terrorists work for them. If the kid is working only with the FBI and not with other groups what could possibly be achieved by playing this out, but perhaps changing Portlands policies towards the federal Joint Terrorism Task Force?

27 Nov 2010 17:03 - 27 Nov 2010 17:10 #26 by LadyJazzer
And that has what to do with the original rant about "...so many people trying to blame us for this incident"?

The DHS DOES seem to be hell-bent on keeping the public in a state of fear in order to justify their existence.

Those two statements are not in any way contradictory.

This standard bullsh** rant of: "It makes me sick to my stomach that people in this country seem to hate this country so much...", etc., ad nauseum, is tiresome...at best. Nobody that I know of on the Left "hates this country." But it seems to make some people feel better to regurgitate the silliness. Watching too much Beck, perhaps? Listening to too much Limbaugh, perhaps?

27 Nov 2010 17:07 #27 by Nmysys
Is that crazy Loon LJ too stupid to read that my rant was an answer to her alter ego Scruffy? (LJ: I am not reading your idiotic replies. The other poster DaisyPusher quoted you.

Rant on witch!!!

27 Nov 2010 17:09 - 27 Nov 2010 17:55 #28 by LadyJazzer
This is a public service announcement: NmSys has LJ on IGNORE... No, really!

Of course, if he REALLY believed that Scruffy was my alter-ego, then he would have Scruffy on Ignore too...)

27 Nov 2010 17:12 #29 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: Scruffy:

I have answered that question many times but you refuse to accept the answer. Read the Koran and just maybe the light will go on in your thick skull. It is called Jihad for a reason. They hate everyone that doesn't believe as they do. They hate Israel who is our ally. They blame us for allying ourselves with Israel.

So many people are trying to figure out how to blame us even for this incident. It makes me sick to my stomach that people in this country seem to hate this country so much that they will excuse anything and everybody that tries to do us harm, making us the bad guy.

Did you read the article in the other thread about the study where it was determined that the reason terrorists attack us is that we are occupying Muslim land? If so, then please post your refutation of the article, without your "The Koran tells them to jihad" and "they hate us for our freedoms" arguments.

Do you know for a fact that they "hate everyone that doesn't believe as they do." I know that they hate Israel, but again, why? If we don't understand our enemy, we will never be able to defeat them. Does that make sense?

27 Nov 2010 17:13 #30 by pchistory

Nmysys wrote: Scruffy:

They hate everyone that doesn't believe as they do.

Gee, sounds like a bunch of people on this board (including the author).

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds