Feds: Somali Teen Tried to Bomb Oregon Tree Lighting

27 Nov 2010 17:16 #31 by ckm8
Lady Jazzer, I find nothing in any article that links the the Oregon kid to those 14 in Somalia. It seems that he contacted someone in Pakistan who gave him an invalid email to contact. At that point the FBI contacted him instead. Are there terrorists in Somalia? Undoubtably, but to pretend that everyone in Somalia knows each other so this guy must have know the other 14 is laughable. Go back and read it.

In August, the U.S. Justice Department unsealed an indictment naming 14 people accused of being a deadly pipeline routing money and fighters from the U.S. to al-Shabab, an al-Qaida affiliated group in Mohamud's native Somalia.

Nothing to do with him except the shared nationality. Sorry if I'm not as quick to swallow that we need to live in constant fear as everyone else here is. I think the FBI likes these high profile stories and goes further than they need to for the indictments. This guy didn't lead them to any connections that I can read about here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2010 17:19 #32 by major bean
Wow, Scruffy. If we read an article, then that is it! We must believe it. Right Scruffy? That is your argument?

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Nov 2010 17:20 #33 by LadyJazzer
That's why I asked if "I missed something." It read to me like the 14 people in the indictment were connected to the kid... But I can see where that may have been a leap to a conclusion on my part.

27 Nov 2010 17:22 #34 by ckm8
Correlation does not imply causation- I believe we were all expected to make that leap. Then I have to wonder why?

27 Nov 2010 17:23 #35 by Scruffy

major bean wrote: Wow, Scruffy. If we read an article, then that is it! We must believe it. Right Scruffy? That is your argument?

Well, the article cites a study that was done to determine the reason for terrorist actions against the USA. If you have a link to a different study which shows the contrary, please post it.

27 Nov 2010 17:56 #36 by Achmed
So I am reading this and find that most of you agree this young man was entrapped to behave the way he did. It is no doubt due to his name and racist profiling. I do appreciate America and have lived here for some years. But I fear for my brothers who are innocent and only here to live in peace and find the dream that this country is known to offer.

27 Nov 2010 17:58 #37 by LadyJazzer
Actually, no...I don't believe he was "entrapped", in the legal sense of the word. I think he was intercepted in the active commission of a crime, and given enough rope to hang himself... (Which wouldn't be a bad outcome... For some crimes, I would like to see hanging re-instituted.)

27 Nov 2010 18:03 #38 by ckm8
Not entrapped, just used in a piece of theater. I'm glad he's in jail- it's where he belongs.

27 Nov 2010 23:15 #39 by Blazer Bob

ckm8 wrote: What we have had is the FBI enabling inept would be terrorists. I find this program highly questionable.

Yep, just another innocent Muslim duped by the government into trying to blow up a bunch of civilians. Who knew.

27 Nov 2010 23:18 #40 by ckm8

major bean wrote: Wow, Scruffy. If we read an article, then that is it! We must believe it. Right Scruffy? That is your argument?

'parently. At least if it's about Godless Muslim turrists.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds