'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

03 Dec 2010 14:34 #21 by Nmysys
SC:

You know, I used to adore you!!! That was before the shi- injection.

rofllol rofllol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2010 14:49 #22 by ScienceChic
What? My $%!t don't stink! And it's chock full of great probiotics! rofllol

Nmysys wrote: The left will never understand apparently our stance on this issue, or abortion. They are IMO the two deal breakers. They think we should be bi-partisan and we think this bipartisanship is spineless.

I think it boils down mostly to having Faith ( religion ) or being Atheist or Agnostic. Judeo-Christian faith thinks that this alternative lifestyle is against Gods wishes. I have read the Bible, the Old Testament and the New Testament. I cannot ever remember reading where men cannot kill, but women can, their choice.

I've got a book for you to read:
http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Life-Abort ... 0691029652
Liquid Life: Abortion and Buddhism in Japan

Why would a country strongly influenced by Buddhism's reverence for life allow legalized, widely used abortion? Equally puzzling to many Westerners is the Japanese practice of mizuko rites, in which the parents of aborted fetuses pray for the well-being of these rejected "lives." In this provocative investigation, William LaFleur examines abortion as a window on the culture and ethics of Japan. At the same time he contributes to the Western debate on abortion, exploring how the Japanese resolve their conflicting emotions privately and avoid the pro-life/pro-choice politics that sharply divide Americans on the issue.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Dec 2010 14:54 #23 by Nmysys
You are full of probiotics??????

03 Dec 2010 15:06 #24 by BearMtnHIB
I'm not going to make this issue part of my priority list - but for the sake of discussion here how bout this...

Being gay was believed to be a deviant behavior here not long ago - before the political movement to make it acceptable to society. The left seems to have bought it ok- but social conservatives still have a problem with it out in the open.

What about groups like NAMBLA - or pedophilia - or what if a gal wants to marry a goat? These are also sexual behaviors that are not "normal" behavior - considered deviant behavior now, but will these behaviors be next on the list to be accepted by the left?

Gay behavior was prohibited by law in the past just as those behaviors are today. Will the left be accepting of those behaviors like the homo behaviors?

For all the lefties out there - What's the difference?

03 Dec 2010 15:13 #25 by Grady

BearMtnHIB wrote: I'm not going to make this issue part of my priority list - but for the sake of discussion here how bout this...

Being gay was believed to be a deviant behavior here not long ago - before the political movement to make it acceptable to society. The left seems to have bought it ok- but social conservatives still have a problem with it out in the open.

What about groups like NAMBLA - or pedophilia - or what if a gal wants to marry a goat? These are also sexual behaviors that are not "normal" behavior - considered deviant behavior now, but will these behaviors be next on the list to be accepted by the left?

Gay behavior was prohibited by law in the past just as those behaviors are today. Will the left be accepting of those behaviors like the homo behaviors?

Children and goats can’t consent.
It wasn’t that long ago that inter race marriages were against the law.

03 Dec 2010 15:24 #26 by BearMtnHIB
How about if 3 women - all consent to getting married? How about that?

Should we change our laws to allow 3 men or 3 women to marry legally?

I'm just wondering if todays unacceptable sexual behavior is on the list for the left to make acceptable.

If somehow we are able to determine the consent of the goat in the future- will this be acceptable sexual behavior for the left?

What if we change our acceptability for children to consent? In many countries - children as young as 10 can marry. Will this be acceptable to the left in the future?

Where does it stop?

What's the difference?

03 Dec 2010 16:17 #27 by BearMtnHIB

03 Dec 2010 16:22 #28 by ScienceChic

Grady wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote: I'm not going to make this issue part of my priority list - but for the sake of discussion here how bout this...

Children and goats can’t consent.
It wasn’t that long ago that inter race marriages were against the law.

:yeahthat:

BearMtnHIB wrote: How about if 3 women - all consent to getting married? How about that?

Should we change our laws to allow 3 men or 3 women to marry legally?

I'm just wondering if todays unacceptable sexual behavior is on the list for the left to make acceptable.

If somehow we are able to determine the consent of the goat in the future- will this be acceptable sexual behavior for the left?

What if we change our acceptability for children to consent? In many countries - children as young as 10 can marry. Will this be acceptable to the left in the future?

Where does it stop?

What's the difference?

Curious - what would be the reason for not allowing a 3 person marriage? Unequal sharing? More likely to fail? Morally repugnant, and if so, what's the difference between that and an open marriage?

Animals and children can't consent, that isn't going to change. I don't care what is practiced in other countries - biology is biology and their brains are not capable of making an informed decision. Same as why those under 18 can't be given the death penalty for committing murder.

It stops because each issue is different and must be considered on its own merits - there will never be one permitting pedophilia - it's harmful to the psychological well-being of a child.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Dec 2010 16:27 #29 by Nmysys
Sorry SC but that is just your opinion!!!

03 Dec 2010 16:32 #30 by BearMtnHIB
Come on now Science Chic - you can't say that all those behaviors don't occur in nature - they are all natural are they not?

Are you just not liberal enough to allow all the kids - say above the age of 10 to give their own consent?

Are you not liberal enough to accept the goats when we get their consent?

But your liberal enough to accept that girl on girl action right? That seems like more of a jump than lowering the age of consent - or allowing a little goat love here and there.

Or maybe were ALL bigots on those issues - as LJ has suggested.

I just don't know.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds