'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

06 Dec 2010 15:51 #61 by LadyJazzer
Bullcrap... You have your right to believe in whatever superstition you choose...And the rest of us have the right not to have to buy into it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2010 01:33 #62 by ScienceChic
Sorry for my delay in replying. I tried typing a response a couple of weeks ago, my computer froze up and I lost all my text and links. Started over only to realize I was too tired to write coherently. Tried again earlier tonight and my hubby closed out my windows without saving anything.

residenttroll wrote: I spent many summers and winter breaks during my teenage years on my uncles and aunts farms. It was rare to have a queer member of cattle, chickens, goats, pigs, and horses...but when there was an oddball...the herd typically ignored, starved, or even attempted to hurt the queer member. Let's get it very clear.... I am not advocating violence. I think your argument about survivability is lacking if we just take a look at how domestic farm animals handle the queer member.

Sample bias. You are basing your assumptions that all situations with gays is like this from your one limited personal experience in an artificially controlled environment - predators were kept to a minimum and food was abundant and supplied, they didn't even have to work for it.

residenttroll wrote:

sciencechickadee wrote: Because overeating causes an unhealthy disease state that adversely affects the physical funtioning of an individual, homosexuality does not.

Homosexual sex is very high risk sexual lifestyle.

I agree that a homosexual lifestyle is a high-risk lifestyle, but after reading all the links you posted that I could access, and finding more of my own, the conclusion that I came to is that the risk comes mostly from the psychological abuse they receive from society's condemnation. Depression will lead to substance abuse, stress, and taking more risks physically, which leads to higher cancer risks, etc. Homosexuality, in and of itself, is no more riskier than say someone choosing mining for a career. Laws have been passed to force companies to take protective measures for their employees, it's past time that we as a society accept a common, and long-practiced sexual behavior between 2 consenting adults so they can become fully productive, included members of society. If homosexuality were truly a behavior that lessened the overall health of a population, then it would have been eliminated from us and other animal species before now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_LGBT_history

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds