'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

03 Dec 2010 04:45 #1 by outdoor338
WASHINGTON (Dec. 2) -- Senate Republicans, led by Arizona's John McCain, today raised the specter of a mass exodus of offended troops if gays are allowed to serve openly in the military.

In a preview of a debate McCain hopes to keep from reaching the Senate floor for a vote this month, opponents vehemently rejected a 10-month Pentagon study that found there would be minimal disruption in the ranks if Congress repealed the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

At a hearing of the Senate Armed Services Committee, they told Pentagon leaders they did not take seriously enough resistance from Army and Marine Corps combat and special-operations units. They also questioned whether the Pentagon survey of 115,000 troops was large enough to be representative.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/p ... l/19741579

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2010 05:13 #2 by LadyJazzer
They'll lose a few bigots... Good riddance. Same thing happened when Truman integrated the services back in '48. Some of the racial bigots left. Good riddance.

There will be short term grumbling, and then people will get over it and move on.

03 Dec 2010 06:18 #3 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LadyJazzer wrote: They'll lose a few bigots... Good riddance. .

FU. Because normal people have no tolerance for deviants like you doesn't make them bigots.

03 Dec 2010 06:29 #4 by Nmysys
They aren't bigots. They just don't think they can fight in a dress and high heels!

03 Dec 2010 06:59 #5 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: They'll lose a few bigots... Good riddance. Same thing happened when Truman integrated the services back in '48. Some of the racial bigots left. Good riddance.

There will be short term grumbling, and then people will get over it and move on.

I have to agree with LJ on this one.

03 Dec 2010 07:01 #6 by Photo-fish

outdoor338 wrote: They also questioned whether the Pentagon survey of 115,000 troops was large enough to be representative.

Nice spin there Skippy... WHO KNEW! Check the numbers of those actually surveyed.

As stated in many recent news articles and by a few posteres here, the response rate was very good and was called an accurate survey by the Chiefs and Gates himself.

a survey sent to 400,000 active duty and reserve service members and their families. Surveys also went out to more than 150,000 military spouses, 44,266 of whom responded.

Your messiah McCain is a specter, and one of the biggest homophobes in Congress. I thought all the repubs were sick of him?

Did you see the size of the survey and the manner of questions they asked? Check it out. It is pretty thourough.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

03 Dec 2010 07:19 #7 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Photo-fish wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: They also questioned whether the Pentagon survey of 115,000 troops was large enough to be representative.

Nice spin there Skippy... WHO KNEW! Check the numbers of those actually surveyed.

As stated in many recent news articles and by a few posteres here, the response rate was very good and was called an accurate survey by the Chiefs and Gates himself.

a survey sent to 400,000 active duty and reserve service members and their families. Surveys also went out to more than 150,000 military spouses, 44,266 of whom responded.

Your messiah McCain is a specter, and one of the biggest homophobes in Congress. I thought all the repubs were sick of him?

Did you see the size of the survey and the manner of questions they asked? Check it out. It is pretty thourough.

I finally realized your signature has nothing to do with Green Bay. You're a cheerleader for deviants.

03 Dec 2010 07:26 #8 by FredHayek
Most military people are younger than the average age, and polls show that post baby boomers are much more tolerant of homosexuality so I don't think you will see a mass exodous, especially since there aren't any jobs in the private sector right now and the rotations overseas will start to decline.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Dec 2010 07:39 #9 by Residenttroll returns

Photo-fish wrote:

Teddy wrote: I finally realized your signature has nothing to do with Green Bay. You're a cheerleader for deviants.

:yeahthat: rofllol rofllol Mud Packers

03 Dec 2010 07:46 #10 by Residenttroll returns

SS109 wrote: Most military people are younger than the average age, and polls show that post baby boomers are much more tolerant of homosexuality so I don't think you will see a mass exodous, especially since there aren't any jobs in the private sector right now and the rotations overseas will start to decline.

That's exactly what the homosexual agenda set out to do two decades ago. It started with comedy television shows (like Will and Grace) and movies depicting homosexuals as funny and friendly queer folk followed by infiltration of indocination into the public elementary and high school schools, coupled with push the gay marriage issue. The acceptance in the military is just another strategy for deviants to blow the hole (pun intended) on marriage.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds