Hey NPR...I'm going to a CHRISTmas Party!

20 Dec 2010 19:19 #1 by Residenttroll returns

Eggnog tasting. Red-and-green theme party. Holiday get-together.
Perhaps these would be acceptable terms. But "Christmas Party"? Put it on the naughty list.
NPR's Nina Totenberg suggests that using the word "Christmas" to describe all those winter-weather parties is somehow inappropriate, as she excused herself over the weekend for using it during an on-air discussion.
The peculiar remark came as Totenberg was making a point about the budget. She asked her fellow panelists to "forgive the expression" when she mentioned a Christmas party she attended.
"I want to say one thing about the budget that didn't get passed, the omnibus bill. You know, we talk a lot about -- we just passed this huge tax cut in part because business said, you know, we have to plan, we have to know what kind of tax cuts we have. Well, these agencies, including the Defense Department, don't know how much money they've got and for what," she said. "And I was at -- forgive the expression -- a Christmas party at the Department of Justice and people actually (were) really worried about this."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12 ... z18i0THk8m

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Political correct liberal morons run our government and government sponsored entities. rofllol rofllol rofllol

We can't call a queer a queer and we can't call a Christmas Party a Christmas Party.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2010 20:28 #2 by FredHayek
Fire Nina for using verbotten words!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2010 23:01 #3 by conifermtman
She should suffer the same fate as Juan!

21 Dec 2010 07:40 #4 by outdoor338
How about what she said about Jessie Helms..a strange one!

21 Dec 2010 09:16 #5 by Wayne Harrison
Let's face it, Christmas has been turned into a huge retail shopping spree -- the time of the year when more money is spent on materialistic things than at any other time of the year.

For CINO's, it's a time to be outraged at people who refer to the holidays in secular terms, and call for them to be fired because they won't say the word "Christmas." But CINO's are not outraged enough to to complain about the growing retail frenzy that seems to have taken over the meaning of Christmas -- and boycott the businesses. Others try to outdo their neighbors with the biggest, brightest holiday decorations -- most of which have nothing do with the birth of Jesus. "It's Christmas, let's go kill a tree." Now, most kids think of Christmas as "When Santa comes."

The day after Christmas is Boxing Day in Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, Ghana, Greenland, Guyana, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Kenya, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Finland, Norway, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, the United Kingdom, and other countries in Europe and the Commonwealth of Nations with a mainly Christian population. In South Africa this public holiday is now known as the Day of Goodwill while in Ireland it is known as St Stephen's Day. In continental European countries, the day is often known as "Christmas II" or "Second Christmas Day". It evolved from a day where you give your employees gifts -- like the paperboy and the trash man into another big shopping day. In recent years, savvy store owners have expanded that to a full "Boxing Week." And now, they even have Cyber-Boxing Day for Internet shoppers. Here in the U.S., the day after Christmas is another big shopping day.

Now you have articles on the Internet like this one that tries to equate Christmas and the Three Wise Men to "The World's Finest Chocolates." "If the World's Finest Chocolates would have been available at this time, these three wise men would give them to Jesus as a gift." Give me a break.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Meaning-and-O ... &id=360629

In my lifetime, I've seen Christmas become much more commercialized than it ever was when I was growing up.

Maybe it's time to throw the merchants out of the temple again, for the very same reason Jesus did the first time. I'd rather see people talking about how they helped a less-fortunate family during Christmas, or went down and volunteered on the line at the Salvation Army than about the X-Box they got for "Christmas."

21 Dec 2010 15:27 #6 by Residenttroll returns

SeasonsGreetings wrote:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Meaning-and-O ... &id=360629

Citation is ezinearticles? rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

21 Dec 2010 15:57 #7 by Nmysys
Let's face it Wayne, you are full of crap, so much so that it is oozing out of your ears. Stop with the diatribe on Christians!!!!!

You try so hard to be a damn know-it-all!!!!!! Instead you are coming off as the sh-- we scrape off our shoes!!!!!!

I was going to stay off of the site and cool down, but all I see is a bunch of lowlife haters with no belief, digging at those who have it, instead of saying anything worthwhile. All you scumbags know is to hate, You and VL, and Archer, and CKM8 are the most pitiful jealous scum. Jealous of people who have faith that there is better in this world that garbage like all of you. I am signing off to leave you pathetic wretches to your whining about real believers. Screw you all!!!

You are just a hate monger!!!

In your lifetime??????? Who cares about your lifetime?? You call that a life?? You are a sorry excuse even for a human being. You make me sick to my stomach, you swine!!!!!!!!! Yes, it is a personal attack on you again jerkoff!!!!!!!!!!

21 Dec 2010 16:06 - 21 Dec 2010 16:14 #8 by Whatevergreen
:chillpill:

Nmysys wrote: I was going to stay off of the site and cool down,

Take your own advice. Is it really worth getting this upset?

21 Dec 2010 16:08 #9 by Residenttroll returns

Whatevergreen wrote: :chillpill:

residenttroll wrote: I was going to stay off of the site and cool down,

Take your own advice. Is it really worth getting this upset?

? I never said that....

21 Dec 2010 16:10 #10 by Travelingirl

SeasonsGreetings wrote: Let's face it, Christmas has been turned into a huge retail shopping spree -- the time of the year when more money is spent on materialistic things than at any other time of the year.

In my lifetime, I've seen Christmas become much more commercialized than it ever was when I was growing up.

Maybe it's time to throw the merchants out of the temple again, for the very same reason Jesus did the first time. I'd rather see people talking about how they helped a less-fortunate family during Christmas, or went down and volunteered on the line at the Salvation Army than about the X-Box they got for "Christmas."

I agree. Around our house we celebrate Christmas with angels, stars and nativity scenes I've found over the years, etc. I don't like how commercialized Christmas is but I do like it when the local radio station's playlist includes songs about Baby Jesus. I think it plants little seeds...

Back to NPR...government assistance at it's finest. :Sick:

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds