America’s Rich Muslim Heritage

12 Feb 2011 17:24 #11 by Nmysys
He misspelled the same word you did CG. You meant descendant, I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2011 17:25 #12 by archer
uh CG...it's not the liberals here that started a thread bashing Obama for saying that muslims have always been a part of American history. It appears they have been here from the very beginning, why the need to bash Obama for pointing that out?

12 Feb 2011 17:31 - 12 Feb 2011 17:39 #13 by outdoor338
Funny, have you ever heard a Christian president say muslims have been a part of building this country, :no: ??? Well a muslim president did.. obama messiah, how interesting!
Barack Obama "I am a Muslim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKqFBpk_1Eo

12 Feb 2011 17:36 #14 by outdoor338
who is your family member on the mayflower, I had two of them! Peter Brown and George Soule...

12 Feb 2011 17:43 #15 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic America’s Rich Muslim Heritage

Nmysys wrote: He misspelled the same word you did CG. You meant descendant, I think.

Oops spell check. I guess here is my point. I am one of the most patriotic people you will ever meet. I freak out when they drag the flag all over at the Olympics. I sob at the national anthem and sing proudly every time I hear it. My kids and friends laugh at me about it.

We used to go to Mount Rushmore every year and see people from all other countries there amazed at OUR presidents on the mountain. You would not believe how many people from other countries came there. My kids thought is was boring and I gave the "we are so lucky to live here, look at all these people from other countries that are more patriotic than you guys are" speech. We were totally out numbered. And I loved the night program with the wonderful patriotic program and then we would sing while they put the spot light on the mountain.

I had a dear friend who died a couple years ago, who was from Brazil and became an american it was the proudest moment of her life.

I believe in my family fighting for a the war that won our independence. First off it was my family not me as a person, but do I feel for one minute that Muslims are not part of our heritage NO WAY. We are the land of the free and when people try to exclude anyone from that it cheapens what my patriotism is all about. I think of all those people that wanted a better life and in alot of cases risked their lives to help their family come to america. I think of them looking at the statue of liberty knowing they were almost there. That is my patriotism.

And Barrack Obama is part of our heritage and so are Muslims, Africans, Chinese, Italians, English. Every nook and cranny of the world was welcome here and still should be. Do I agree with his politics, no. Do I believe that a president should be elected just because they are black, white or whatever, NO. I believe the best man or woman should get the job.

These are modern times and everyone is part of our heritage that is what makes us great!!!! Was he supposed to say something different? What is patriotism to you. Just a certain part of the population?

12 Feb 2011 17:45 #16 by archer
well said CG.

12 Feb 2011 17:48 #17 by CinnamonGirl
I will tell you what if you have not seen the night program at mount rushmore, you should they do the coolest presentation. I cry every time.

12 Feb 2011 18:18 #18 by major bean
Too bad that the Muslims have not been so enlightened as you , CG. They are still stuck back a few thousand years ago. They are primitive, not passive and caring.

Regards,
Major Bean

12 Feb 2011 18:24 #19 by CinnamonGirl

outdoor338 wrote: Funny, have you ever heard a Christian president say muslims have been a part of building this country, :no: ??? Well a muslim president did.. obama messiah, how interesting!
Barack Obama "I am a Muslim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKqFBpk_1Eo

Okay Outdoor watched the film. I take issue with it for a completely different reason. I don't really agree with his religion and sometimes I really don't know where he is coming from on a religious front. I think he tries to be everything and I don't like wishy washy but, I can appreciate the speeches and what he is trying to do with that part of the world. Here are my questions, what is wrong with a Christian president saying Muslims were a part of building our country when they were. He said a "narrow few' are the problem.

Second question, do you want Muslims to drop off the face of the earth or do you want to see if we can some how bridge the gap? Either way what is the better solution? I tend to see people as people and not a group and try to think of a family living there and not hating them for what others did. Just like when the Arizona shooting happened. I defend the tea party from that because it was one person not a group. Same on both sides.

12 Feb 2011 19:27 #20 by major bean
Those who accept Islam as a peaceful religion are openminded. So openminded that their brains have fallen out!

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds