America’s Rich Muslim Heritage

12 Feb 2011 19:42 #21 by Mayhem
Muslims in America can tell us what happened in 1700 among a people who had no written word, but can't tell us a single thing in 2011 about one theirs who occupies the white house. They have no credibility. They make this sh.t up and the gullible swallow it hook line and sinker. Another kwanza-like invention. Weat africans are sufis. Sufis are to islam what mormons are to Christianity. And it was the practitioners of sufism were the wholesalers who provided the slave supply to the European ship captains. They rounded up their non practicing neighbors for the voyage across the pond and lined their pockets with gold and silver.
What a joke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2011 20:36 #22 by jf1acai
I do not believe that it matters what our ancestors did, or didn't do. What is significant is what WE do.

The constant 'pigeonholing' of people based upon perceived liberal, conservative, or whatever label serves no useful purpose, it merely keeps us divided.

In order to improve, we need to consider ideas, whatever their source. For our security, we also need to consider possible threats, whatever their source.

We also should consider information regardless of source, and evaluate it as best we can, rather than believe or disbelieve it because of the source.

Maybe that is too simplistic, and/or places too much responsibility on us.

Just my $0.02.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Feb 2011 21:08 #23 by major bean
But, Islamic ideas are no good. They have been considered and rejected. Are we now trying to have "value added" tolerance even though nothing of their ideas have changed?

Regards,
Major Bean

12 Feb 2011 21:34 #24 by V_A
once again an anti muslim / bashing post by Outdoor.

You're more regular on this subject than when I take a dump

12 Feb 2011 22:19 #25 by bailey bud

outdoor338 wrote: Got this from a friend of mine, any thoughts?

My thoughts - a shallow attempt to marginalize Muslims.

a) the first nation to recognize the United States was Morocco (a Muslim Country)
b) Thomas Jefferson had a copy of the Quran
c) By the time the USA Constitution was signed, the USA was home to a number of Muslims - many brought in by slave traders from Africa.
d) The Constitution was not penned by a Christian - it was penned by a Deist.
e) The beliefs held by the founding Fathers were closer to what we'd call "secular humanism" than modern evangelical Christianity. (sure - they went to church every Sunday - but so do today's Unitarians).

I would also note that Columbus used navigation tactics that would not even exist were it not for Muslim astronomers - developing tools to know the time of day - as well as the direction of Mecca.

12 Feb 2011 23:17 #26 by Mayhem

bailey bud wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Got this from a friend of mine, any thoughts?

My thoughts - a shallow attempt to marginalize Muslims.

a) the first nation to recognize the United States was Morocco (a Muslim Country)
b) Thomas Jefferson had a copy of the Quran
c) By the time the USA Constitution was signed, the USA was home to a number of Muslims - many brought in by slave traders from Africa.
d) The Constitution was not penned by a Christian - it was penned by a Deist.
e) The beliefs held by the founding Fathers were closer to what we'd call "secular humanism" than modern evangelical Christianity. (sure - they went to church every Sunday - but so do today's Unitarians).

I would also note that Columbus used navigation tactics that would not even exist were it not for Muslim astronomers - developing tools to know the time of day - as well as the direction of Mecca.

MY thoughts? Interesting description of regurgitated talking points. You cannot refute a single thing from the start of thread posting so you have to run for your dog-eared liberal playbook.

13 Feb 2011 01:28 #27 by lionshead2010
Frankly, I welcome ALL people from all cultures and religions who wish to come to the United States LEGALLY and assimilate (not reinvent) into our culture. Our nation was founded on the ideals of freedom and tolerance.

Sadly, I haven't seen many recent examples of religious tolerance in the Islamic religion and therefore wonder how such an extremely intolerant belief system can truly be a part of "America's Rich Heritage".

I would like to cite the following example of the Taliban's intolerance of Buddhism as a reason why I'm doubtful. Folks will get on here and go on and on about Islam being a religion of peace.....I'm must not seeing examples of that peace. Instead, each morning as I read the news I hear about more insanity in the Muslim world.

Destruction of the Bamiyan Statues
Taliban vs the Buddha

http://archaeology.about.com/od/heritag ... buddha.htm

In March 2001, six months before the September 11th bombing of the World Trade Center in New York City, the Taliban destroyed two ancient statues of the Buddha called Bamiyan in an attempt to cleanse the country of Afghanistan of what they perceived as Hindu heresy.

"We are not against culture but we don't believe in these things. They are against Islam," the Taliban's Foreign Minister Wakil Ahmed Muttawakil is reported to have said.

The Taliban has never been known for a generosity of spirit or interest in cultural diversity, and as I say, the erasure of the past to protect the present is an old story. As archaeologists, we’ve seen evidence of it hundreds, maybe a thousand times. But the Taliban's destruction of the two Bamiyan Buddha statues was still painful to watch; and today it is recognized as an ominous forewarning of the Taliban's distaste of anything other than their own set of extremist Islamic values.

From where I sit, action (or inaction in this case) continues to speak much louder than words. Don't tell me you are a peaceful religion, show me your peacefullness by being kind to and accepting of your fellow man. Perhaps the time has come for those peace lovers of the Islamic religion to police up their extremists before they start a war they can't finish. I'm must sayin'.

Sorry folks, you can blow smoke up my azzzz all day long calling it sunshine. I don't see the "peace" in Islam....all I see daily is suffering, death, intolerance, insanity and hatred. These aren't enduring qualities of our Rich American Heritage.

13 Feb 2011 08:35 #28 by bailey bud
baileyboy - I'm a card-carrying Republican, and am a far cry from liberal.

I worked twice for the whitehouse - Reagan and Bush I.

The original post was a shallow anti-Muslim hatred hiding behind patriotic pretenses.

If you have any doubts - read the entire link:

http://texasfred.net/archives/6642

I am an Evangelical Christian, and a Republican. However, anti-islamic hatred and hysteria runs contrary to both moral traditions.

No - there were no Muslim signatures on the Country's founding documents. Does that remove them from the gift of American citizenship? What's your point?

Incidentally - there's some incorrect information about Muslim collaboration with Hitler:

The Muslims of Albania resisted Hitler. They didn't collaborate with him.

Collaboration with Hitler was based on nationalism - not religion.

Hitler leveraged nationalistic sentiment to accomplish racist goals.

It's interesting - it seems the link in the original post is trying to do the same thing.

13 Feb 2011 08:42 #29 by bailey bud
From the link shown in the original post:

I detest Muslims. I detest Islam. I detest anyone that supports Islam and it’s pedophile faux god.

I do not support Islam. Islam is a religion - and I believe in faith, not religion. I refuse to detest Muslims. It's anti-Biblical.

I also refuse to marginalize Muslims - it's anti-Republican.

13 Feb 2011 08:52 - 13 Feb 2011 09:42 #30 by major bean
But they ARE marginal, not mainstream. They are an obscure footnote. Revisionist history is not the light with which to view this hate filled religion.

You are just being Politically Correct.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds