sadness

14 Jan 2011 08:50 #171 by Lucky
Replied by Lucky on topic sadness
Homeagain, How would being at BOD meeting have changed what was done? They did not ask for help or input from us or the local vets in the area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2011 08:54 #172 by Residenttroll returns
Replied by Residenttroll returns on topic sadness
How many of the posters on this board would have adopted a sick cat, spend time medicating it, and purchased the required treatments?

14 Jan 2011 09:02 #173 by CC
Replied by CC on topic sadness
The responsibility of this situation lays squarely in the hands of those who decided to kill those animals.
How dare you try to make anyone else responsible.

14 Jan 2011 09:09 #174 by coloradocowgirl
Replied by coloradocowgirl on topic sadness
I would have.

14 Jan 2011 09:15 #175 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic sadness
My daughter has offered and it still stands for the future.

14 Jan 2011 09:18 #176 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Replied by Wily Fox aka Angela on topic sadness
While I disagree with the actions 100%, I am not going to spend my time spreading lies and passing judgment.

I know one of the fortes of message boards is to pile on when there is a problem or controversy. That action is meaningless and non-productive. Let's be civil and respectful. We all want the same goal.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Hind site is 20-20, as they say. Let's use this brilliant hindsight in a positive way and help to make positive changes at the shelter.

1. Conducting a review of all steps and actions prior to euthanizing the cats is imperative. This needs to be conducted with everyone that was involved in the actions in a work setting that allows for free thoughts and ideas to emerge.

WHAT WORKED
WHAT DIDN'T WORK
IDEAS TO IMPROVE
IMPLEMENTATION PLAN WITH TIME-LINE

2. Coming up with action plan for the next contagious outbreak is next. (yes this will happen again - it's a shelter and that unfortunately is the way it is).

3. This could be presented at a board meeting for the public to review and input with the FOCUS on IDEAS TO IMPROVE and HOW to IMPLEMENT.

It's one thing to have such a tragedy happen, it would be even worse if changes were not made to ensure this never happens again.

IMHS is a valuable asset to our community. Let's make sure we can help make it better.

Angela (Miko's servant)

Miko - IMHS Shelter name Anika - adopted December 2009

14 Jan 2011 09:18 #177 by Residenttroll returns
Replied by Residenttroll returns on topic sadness

Becky wrote: The responsibility of this situation lays squarely in the hands of those who decided to kill those animals.
How dare you try to make anyone else responsible.

Becky, why the outcry? 23 cats were sitting in a shelter because no one wanted to adopt them. Then all of sudden everyone else believes they know what's best for the cats. I am not condoning the actions taken; however, I fail to realize how all of the keyboard advocates can really say they are not part of the problem. 23 cats on the 285 corridor? I wonder how many cats per month get adopt at the shelter?

Why don't the keyboard advocates go visit the shelter and see how you can help to prevent this in the future instead of making a big deal about a few cats. In some countries, those cats would have made a good meal for someone. In fact, they would make a tasty meal for the bigger cats that roam our area.

Oh yes, you made the local TV news (I am sure our resident namechanger assisted). I bet some folks feel proud about that. In the meantime, the keyboard advocates are in their warm homes, with their cup of coffee, while the people who do the real work hear all the noise.

14 Jan 2011 09:27 #178 by Surveyor
Replied by Surveyor on topic sadness
Homeagain, you have misunderstood my post. I was not stating IMHS policy. I was observing that since they killed ALL of the cats housed at the shelter, there aren't any left for when they re-open.

Also, I have the seme first amandment rights that you do. You can Try to hold me accountable for what you think I said, but we are equal, you and I. I am not accountable to you or anyone else here.

As for coming up with a reasonable course of action and lessons learned, massive changes need to be made to the board first since they have demonstrated both on Pinecam and on Television that they do not recognize our input. That also was not a policy statement by me on behalf of IMHS, Homeagain.

14 Jan 2011 09:28 #179 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Replied by Wily Fox aka Angela on topic sadness
and I would be honored to conduct that review with those involved. My training and expertise is in process review and improvement. I have conducted hundreds of these as well as implementing the changes. I want to help where I can. If you need me for this; please contact me. I'll be there.

14 Jan 2011 09:30 #180 by CC
Replied by CC on topic sadness
I would have.
My daughter would have.
The Max Fund would have.
Several organizations have stepped up and said they would have helped if this had not been just swept under a rug!
NO ONE asked for help.
( I use the caps to show inflection for the two words.)

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds