sadness

14 Jan 2011 09:39 #181 by CC
Replied by CC on topic sadness
RT.....my outrage is how IMHS and Pinecam have chosen to deal with this.
IMHS never said a word about this until well after the fact. They asked for no help. They contacted n o one. The just took the path of least resistance.
Best I can tell, they didn't even consider the pets and family members of animals that had been adopted out in this time frame.
That is deceitful.
This organization relies on our donations and dollars to operate.
The public does have a right to voice their outrage at such an arbitrary decision.

RT are you lobbying for reinstatement at POS?
Pinecam just rubber stamps the behavior just like they do with every controversy that effects this community. Don't ripple the waters or ruffle any feathers is their motto.
This is a disservice to our community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2011 09:40 #182 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic sadness

Wily Weasel wrote: and I would be honored to conduct that review with those involved. My training and expertise is in process review and improvement. I have conducted hundreds of these as well as implementing the changes. I want to help where I can. If you need me for this; please contact me. I'll be there.

I, for one hope they respond to your generous offer.

14 Jan 2011 09:41 #183 by Residenttroll returns
Replied by Residenttroll returns on topic sadness

Becky wrote: I would have.
My daughter would have.
The Max Fund would have.
Several organizations have stepped up and said they would have helped if this had not been just swept under a rug!
NO ONE asked for help.
( I use the caps to show inflection for the two words.)

Great! Now, as a community, can we resolve to assist this organization or is the goal to tear it down during this crisis. It may have been a poor decision (I am not a professional vet so I don't know) but if it can be prevented in the future then the community should go offer their help TODAY instead of being keyboard advocates.

14 Jan 2011 09:43 #184 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Replied by Wily Fox aka Angela on topic sadness

JMC wrote:

Wily Weasel wrote: and I would be honored to conduct that review with those involved. My training and expertise is in process review and improvement. I have conducted hundreds of these as well as implementing the changes. I want to help where I can. If you need me for this; please contact me. I'll be there.

I am going to present it at the board meeting next week and see how it flies. This could be a way for everyone to focus on solution and work together.

14 Jan 2011 09:45 #185 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic sadness

residenttroll wrote:

Becky wrote: I would have.
My daughter would have.
The Max Fund would have.
Several organizations have stepped up and said they would have helped if this had not been just swept under a rug!
NO ONE asked for help.
( I use the caps to show inflection for the two words.)

Great! Now, as a community, can we resolve to assist this organization or is the goal to tear it down during this crisis. It may have been a poor decision (I am not a professional vet so I don't know) but if it can be prevented in the future then the community should go offer their help TODAY instead of being keyboard advocates.

RT, I think the point of a lot of the posts is that IMHS did not let people know of the problem so that they could have helped out before these cats were killed.

14 Jan 2011 09:47 #186 by Residenttroll returns

Becky wrote: RT.....my outrage is how IMHS and Pinecam have chosen to deal with this.
IMHS never said a word about this until well after the fact. They asked for no help. They contacted n o one. The just took the path of least resistance.
Best I can tell, they didn't even consider the pets and family members of animals that had been adopted out in this time frame.
That is deceitful.
This organization relies on our donations and dollars to operate.
The public does have a right to voice their outrage at such an arbitrary decision.

RT are you lobbying for reinstatement at POS?
Pinecam just rubber stamps the behavior just like they do with every controversy that effects this community. Don't ripple the waters or ruffle any feathers is their motto.
This is a disservice to our community.

I will start with your last question. Nope. Nada. I am not a Pineslimer. I wouldn't give the PMSers the time of day. I don't even visit Pineslime anymore. If IMHS is connected to the hip with Pineslime...that's not a warm and fuzzy for me.

So is your motive to the save the animals or against the PMSers at Pineslime? Why does the public have a say? The IMHS has a board of directors. They operate the organization. They make the key decisions for the organization.

Again, I am not condoning the actions taken. I am just asking why the keyboard advocates don't get off their computers and go offer assistance if they really care for the animals.

14 Jan 2011 09:50 - 14 Jan 2011 09:51 #187 by CC
We would not have even known there was a problem if it had not been for some "keyboard advocate" somewhere!

Just curious.....Did IMHS worry about the effect the decision to euthanize 23 animals would have on their reputation? Did they worry that it might hurt their organization?
I am of the belief that we need to keep the accountability where it really belongs.

And to answer your question......

Why does the public have a say?

The answer..... They rely on private donations from the public to function.

My observation about POS is just a side note.
( I am now off to the Nursing home to help my 87 year old Mom through another day of physical therapy) Key Board advocate signing off.

14 Jan 2011 09:51 #188 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic sadness

Wily Weasel wrote:

JMC wrote:

I am going to present it at the board meeting next week and see how it flies. This could be a way for everyone to focus on solution and work together.

WW, you probably know this already, but just in case, I read somewhere that you need to contact them in advance to be put on the agenda.

14 Jan 2011 09:52 #189 by Residenttroll returns

JMC wrote: RT, I think the point of a lot of the posts is that IMHS did not let people know of the problem so that they could have helped out before these cats were killed.

JMC, I understand. Again, I am not condoning the actions taken. I think it would have been wise for IMHS to have reached out to the community for assistance - but they are doing that continuously. In the eleven years in this community, it has appeared to me that the IMHS has just scraped along in finances and volunteers. If the keyboard advocates really want to help the animals, they would go down to the IMHS and offer financial and volunteer hours instead of trying to tear down the organization - provided the organization is needed in the community. I think that's first question. If it is, then the keyboard advocates need to get off of their high horses and go offer assistance.

14 Jan 2011 09:53 #190 by CC
One last thing.....WW your a good egg. I hope they take you up on your offer.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds