sadness

16 Jan 2011 16:17 #221 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic sadness
Becky, the BEST way to reach the shelter is thru . OR call the shelter 303-838-2668 and use Diane's prompt to
be directed to her extension. I believe they have already completed the flooring re-do with a epoxy paint and it is curing as we speak. The offer might be utilized in another way, I am not sure. )I am MORE than willing to extend information here on this site,when
the discourse is productive and constructive in nature.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jan 2011 17:47 #222 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic sadness
Becky,

I'm quoting my post from last Sunday evening which was in response to your initial post about IMHS and flooring. The only reason I can think of that you are still posting again this Sunday about flooring needs is that you perhaps have me on "ignore". If so, perhaps another poster can provide you with this update.

Again, the contact information for both the shelter staff (that had asked their volunteers if they knew of any flooring retailer contacts) and for me (in case you preferred not to contact IMHS directly) was contained in my Jan. 9 e-mail to you. I will be happy to provide you with a copy of this e-mail, sent from 285Bound, should you care to see it.

freebird wrote:

Becky wrote: I am also quite sure that LOCAL Flooring Companies might be willing to donate flooring.....What a concept.
Oh wait.....as a local flooring company, I can't post that on Pinecam. Dang! I am banned there.

Hi Becky. Please check your e-mails for the account associated with this site. I sent you an e-mail regarding the shelter's flooring requirements late this morning. Let me know if you didn't get it and if I should PM it to you on the site. Actually, my husband told me you have a floor covering local company which is why I reached out to you. I wasn't asking for anyone to donate linoleum covering, but do know that time is of the essence in order for the shelter to resume the saving of animals from non-no kill shelters outside of the Denver area.

I was hoping to keep the business here in our immediate community and thought you would probably do everything you can to make it quick (the purchase and delivery...and maybe a volunteer could even pick it up at your site).

Apologies in advance if I should have PM'd you, instead, but I didn't see you online this morning and thought an e-mail might reach you quicker. Thanks in advance.

Peace,
Deb

16 Jan 2011 19:58 #223 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic sadness
Fleece I have/ I'll wander into the bins tomorrow and pull out what I have.

16 Jan 2011 21:32 #224 by CC
Replied by CC on topic sadness
freebird.....why on earth would I have you on ignore hon.
Actually....I don't have anyone on ignore.
My apologies for missing your post.
I am a little preoccupied lately as my mother had a heart attack and then a stroke at the beginning of December. I am dividing my time between here and Texas while I work to help her rehab.
My emails are being forwarded to my daughter for work purposes so I did miss your email. Sorry. If you could pm me here.....I have a much better chance of getting the info.
My company would like very much to help this situation.
I just need room dimensions, drawings or plans with information about room sizes or I can have my hubby go and measure.
I think it is also safe to post that info right here on the forum in case any other local flooring company can also help.

18 Jan 2011 13:13 #225 by RockyMtnHigh
Replied by RockyMtnHigh on topic sadness
I have a dog in this fight!

For all of those of you wanting to do something........

I am one of the foster homes. I have a wonderful black lab named "Jeffers" who needs a home. I initially took him so he didn't have to stay in the shelter over the long New Years weekend. Now he has become a permanent fixture in my home. Due to recent issues (my house being flooded and the house being in a construction zone), I need to find him a home asap. The shelter is unable to take him back at this time. He is sweet and wonderful. Any takers?????? Go look on their website if you want to see a picture of him. I recommend him highly! Although chewing is a problem right now........poor boy's teeth hurt from teething.

Wendy and Steve-O: Have you thought of being the shelter manager again?

Who is in charge of this change policy? They are sending emails like mad to gain support. It has to be someone within the organization as they would not have my email address any other way. Just wondering.......

18 Jan 2011 20:12 #226 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic sadness

RockyMtnHigh wrote: I have a dog in this fight!

For all of those of you wanting to do something........

I am one of the foster homes. I have a wonderful black lab named "Jeffers" who needs a home. I initially took him so he didn't have to stay in the shelter over the long New Years weekend. Now he has become a permanent fixture in my home. Due to recent issues (my house being flooded and the house being in a construction zone), I need to find him a home asap. The shelter is unable to take him back at this time. He is sweet and wonderful. Any takers?????? Go look on their website if you want to see a picture of him. I recommend him highly! Although chewing is a problem right now........poor boy's teeth hurt from teething.

Wendy and Steve-O: Have you thought of being the shelter manager again?

Who is in charge of this change policy? They are sending emails like mad to gain support. It has to be someone within the organization as they would not have my email address any other way. Just wondering.......

I may know someone , I will pm you.

18 Jan 2011 21:02 #227 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic sadness
I would like to help in this situation, but at this point I am mostly just confused.

I would like to hear more of IMHS side of this, but they seem to be strangely (to me) silent in public.

I am only interested in what happened as a way to improve what can be done in the future, to avoid a repeat.

How can that be best accomplished?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

18 Jan 2011 21:15 #228 by JMC

jf1acai wrote: I would like to help in this situation, but at this point I am mostly just confused.

I would like to hear more of IMHS side of this, but they seem to be strangely (to me) silent in public.

I am only interested in what happened as a way to improve what can be done in the future, to avoid a repeat.

How can that be best accomplished?

I hope and believe that IMHS wants the best for the 285 community and will lay out a plan on Thursday that will help us put this unfortunate ordeal to rest, I also hope they will accept all the input from the concerned citizens in a constructive way.

19 Jan 2011 09:29 #229 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic sadness
I just found out I cannot get back for the IMHS open board meeting tomorrow. By any chance does anyone know if this is going to be one of the community meetings that is video taped and posted so those of us who can't get out there can see what the meeting was all about. I would love to be able to be there and know how I can support them but I just can't get back in time.

19 Jan 2011 09:35 #230 by JMC

pound dog mom wrote: I just found out I cannot get back for the IMHS open board meeting tomorrow. By any chance does anyone know if this is going to be one of the community meetings that is video taped and posted so those of us who can't get out there can see what the meeting was all about. I would love to be able to be there and know how I can support them but I just can't get back in time.

The IMHS board turned down our request to video tape the meeting for the community.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds