sadness

20 May 2011 22:24 #271 by Cheap Yankee
Replied by Cheap Yankee on topic sadness

Science Chic wrote: ... and the actual amount of money that was going toward animal care (according to the annual report, which was presented tonight, IMHS claims 70% of donations go toward animal care, but they include things like staff salary, and other possible overhead costs. Contrary to that figure, the Save Intermountain Animals group believes it possible that only 18 cents of every dollar was going toward animal care)...

Go figure...
A bureaucratic government entity (such as the the Secretary of State of Colorado) has a different opinion of what constitutes "animal care" than those who provide the actual blood, sweat & tears that the staff & volunteers administer on a daily basis.
These contrasting figures are based on how IMHS is required to report to the State (based on the state's line-by-line determinants of "animal care") and what IMHS sees as the most realistic use of its resources re what they deem to be "animal care". I'd think IMHS knows "animal care" better than any government office.
In the future, perhaps IMHS can present the numbers as "reported to the state" AND "how it breaks down in the real world". Both would result in the same bottom line (as it did last night) and dispel any thoughts/rumors or implications of mismanagement or wrong-doing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2011 07:59 #272 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic sadness
This is a pretty amazing story.
Looks like your community really did make a huge effort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds