Star Trek Into Darkness, May 15, 2013! New Release Date!

15 Apr 2013 17:49 #21 by ScienceChic
The villian's theme:

[youtube:1vxcxdjz]
[/youtube:1vxcxdjz]

And character-centric posters (Zoe Saldana's is my fave!): http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61972

File Attachment:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2013 14:14 #22 by ScienceChic
No video, but a lengthy and detailed description of footage shown to movie theatre owners at CinemaCon (possible spoilers, do not go to the link if you wish to remain in the dark about the movie until you go see it!)

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Pine-Cum ... 36983.html

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Apr 2013 23:34 #23 by Jekyll
I have to resist! Great posts though SC! :like:

18 Apr 2013 15:39 #24 by ScienceChic
It's official: I'm now stalking JJ Abrams! LOL If I end up in jail, y'all will have to fend for yourselves on the site. lol

Every new snippet of scene added only makes me say "WOW!", it only gets better each time a new piece is revealed. T-minus 27 days and counting (unless I get to Abrams first! LOL)

Scotty: "The ship's dead Sir. She's gone."
Kirk: "No, she's not."

Admiral Pike: You think you can't make mistakes? The choices you make could get you and every one under your command killed."

Kirk realizing his choice just put his crew and ship in harms way and tons of people were going to die, turns to his bridge crew and says "I'm sorry"
John Harrison: "No ship should go down without her Captain" as Kirk walks into Harrison's bridge.

[youtube:4k4tv62y]
[/youtube:4k4tv62y]

18 Apr 2013 15:45 #25 by ScienceChic
Exclusive never-before-seen behind the scenes from inside JJ Abrams Enterprise bridge

http://io9.com/exclusive-never-before-s ... -476164858

19 Apr 2013 18:58 #26 by ScienceChic

26 Apr 2013 10:00 #27 by ScienceChic
WTH! Why is this opening outside the US first??? :angry:

Star Trek Into Darkness Premieres In Moscow; Paris Up Next
By StarTrek.com Staff - April 25, 2013

The Star Trek Into Darkness world premiere road show just made its latest stop, this time in Russia. The film screened today, April 25, at the Planetarium in Moscow and, braving the rain to support the screening there were director J.J. Abrams and stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Alice Eve.

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Character Profile - Captain Kirk - International
[youtube:3r3jwv7y]
[/youtube:3r3jwv7y]
hummana hummana hummana :droolpuddle:

01 May 2013 22:00 #28 by ScienceChic
Next up: Scotty! T-minus 14 days and counting! :woo hoo:
Check Out New "Keep Going Scotty" Clip

Are you ready for another Star Trek Into Darkness clip? Well, ready or not, Paramount, via Yahoo! Movies, just released a 51-second sequence entitled "Keep Going Scotty." In it, Kirk (Chris Pine) and Scotty (Simon Pegg) run for their lives through the Enterprise while the ship takes a beating during an attack.

[youtube:ou83goex]
[/youtube:ou83goex]

Okay, this one for Uhura is too campy for me...

04 May 2013 07:42 #29 by ScienceChic
The first review is out and it is NOT good. WARNING: major spoilers! Do not read if you want to remain in the dark about this movie.

I think I'll still enjoy this film, but this review makes me pissed off that Abrams did this and dampens my enthusiasm for it overall. It'll be interesting to see if other reviews say the same thing, focus on the positive side of it being entertaining overall, or like it as is.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62238

04 May 2013 07:53 #30 by FredHayek
I saw 90% favorable on Rotten Tomatoes. And it looks like Spock finally loses his virginity!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds