Star Trek Into Darkness, May 15, 2013! New Release Date!

10 Dec 2012 16:39 #1 by ScienceChic
https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekMovie
https://twitter.com/StarTrekMovie

File Attachment:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/03/ ... r-revealed

Official plot Synopsis:

In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness. When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

This weekend before The Hobbit will be a 9 minute preview in IMAX 3D of Star Trek Into Darkness, the long-awaited sequel. All the cast is back and it looks AWESOME!!! Everything I've read about the 9 minute preview is good so far.

[youtube:3aktvddk]
[/youtube:3aktvddk]

New ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Image Identifies Benedict Cumberbatch as… John Harrison?
Posted on Monday, December 10th, 2012 by Russ Fischer

Video Blog Reaction: ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ 9 Minute IMAX Prologue
Posted on Sunday, December 9th, 2012 by Germain Lussier

If for some crazy reason you forgot why you loved J.J. Abrams‘ 2009 reboot of Star Trek, you’ll be quickly reminded in the sequel Star Trek Into Darkness. The first nine minutes of the film are visually impressive, exciting, incredibly surprising, and will be playing in front of select IMAX prints of The Hobbit starting December 14. We were lucky enough to get a sneak peak. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pteaXGxMow - for their review

Either way, if you’re not sure which way to see The Hobbit and this is an option, go for it. Especially if you are excited for Star Trek Into Darkness. The footage is very exciting and immediately reminds you how and why you’ve been looking forward to this movie for over three years.

Oh, and this. Because. You’ll see.

(OHMIGOD just listening to this clip got me jonesing for the movie. I'm gonna be watching the last one tonight again now!)
[youtube:3aktvddk]
[/youtube:3aktvddk]

First (Very Brief) ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Clip Debuts On ‘Conan’
Posted on Thursday, October 4th, 2012 by Angie Han

Follow Peter Sciretta ‏@slashfilm on Twitter for these, and other film news updates.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2012 15:33 #2 by ScienceChic
Continue Reading Star Trek Into Darkness: 15 Things We Learned About The Sequel While Visiting Bad Robot
Posted on Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 by Germain Lussier

Abrams and his team invited several journalists to their offices on December 10 to learn about the film’s props, costumes, makeup, music, and visual effects. From those presentations, we picked 15 cool things you didn’t yet know about production and story of Star Trek Into Darkness. Details on the Japanese trailer, klingons, character names, IMAX 3D, and lots about Giacchino can all be found below, along with more info about the Bad Robot offices.

4. Alice Eve plays Carol Marcus.
One debate over a new addition to the cast can now be confirmed. Alice Eve is indeed playing Carol Marcus. In the original Trek movies, Marcus was a former love of Kirk and mother to his son. However, since this takes place before Kirk has a son, you’d imagine this film could be their courting period. In a deviation from the canon, though, Marcus is now a member of StarFleet.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Jan 2013 08:24 #3 by homeagain
THANKS for posting this.....I was unaware that this summer's release was on the horizon....I'm SO going to be there (usually do the
VERY first early show the day after premiere.)

14 Jan 2013 09:22 #4 by ScienceChic
I'll be at the midnight showing Thursday night/Friday morning if anyone wants to join me! Quite likely I'll want to see it again though and a normal daytime hour is fine then! :wink:

14 Jan 2013 10:18 #5 by chickaree
I was hoping to see The Hobbit before it leaves the theaters. I wasn't planning on 3D, but this may change my mind! Where is it showing?

14 Jan 2013 10:24 #6 by ScienceChic
Right now, at these places and times: http://www.movieclock.com/showtimes/co/ ... urney.html

I'm not sure if the 9 minute Star Trek preview is still shown beforehand though, they often take something special like that out after the first weekend or so.

14 Jan 2013 10:25 #7 by chickaree

14 Jan 2013 10:32 #8 by ScienceChic
Yeah, I know. :) I'm still scouring the web and getting updates from the Star Trek website and FB page. If they happen to post any additional trailers (which is likely), I'll be sure to post them here. :thumbsup:

I've heard good things about the Hobbit, I just don't have time to go right now myself.

22 Jan 2013 00:58 #9 by Bdog
I have always enjoyed the saga from when I was a kid.. got alot of grief for it.. I've a copy of "The trouble with Tribbles" and the "Wrath of Khan" as well as the latest. this is really the first I've heard of there being a new one and I'm ready!! Happy Treking!!

22 Jan 2013 11:25 #10 by ScienceChic
Hey Bdog! I've been watching them since I was a kid too (my Dad owns every episode of every version and all the movies, I couldn't even begin to say how many times I've watched them all - The Trouble with Tribbles is my favorite episode of the original series), and they are my all-time favorite shows for the intelligence, hope, and wonder for the potential of our future.

Did you see the last Star Trek movie that came out in 2009 and rebooted the franchise, with the cast that is in the one coming up? If not, I highly recommend it. Superb!

[youtube:ovncm7qx]
[/youtube:ovncm7qx]

[youtube:ovncm7qx]
[/youtube:ovncm7qx]

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds