Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

13 Apr 2011 22:45 #31 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

Wily Weasel wrote: Happy belated birthday, Franz! at least the photo was taken with you up! that is awesome! and what a wonderful story to tell about the 66 - your first day surfing. now.... NO AAK!

cheers to all!
Angela

Thanks Angela. I'm ready for more surfing. I did get a number of good complete runs in afterward where I dropped to the word when the wave expired. The interesting and encouraging thing about it was that when you are on the board right it feels very stable and maneuverable. I need practice. Anyone with a BIG wave pool?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2011 18:27 #32 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Then visited a few beaches and stopped off at Ted's bakery. Later we had dinner at the Turtle Bay Resort while watching the action on their Arnold Palmer golf course.

I played a guy there for $200 a hole and guess what? I won all 18..We tied a few but I always won the following holes so I got all the money. Almost 4k. A complete shut out. It was a jap and when I was done I put my hands together bowed and said "Flawless victory" in my best japanese accent...He thought he was good but the little guy was no match for my mind games..Once we decided to play I never spoke another word to him until it was over, and at the end he refused to shake my hand...We went right to Jamesons by the Sea bar for apitizers and beer.

15 Apr 2011 05:47 #33 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!
NOT ABOUT YOU!

15 Apr 2011 05:48 #34 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

Rockdoc Franz wrote: No problem. We ate our way through the day. Went tot the swap meet where we acquired a delightful bronze turtle sculpture and leather bracelets with our name in Hawaiian written on them. From there it was off to Boots & Kimo's for lunch celebration involving pancakes and Macadamia nut sauce along with a Boots & Kimo's Hawaiian shirt. Then visited a few beaches and stopped off at Ted's bakery. Later we had dinner at the Turtle Bay Resort while watching the action on their Arnold Palmer golf course. They made a delicious swordfish for me. Afterwards we stopped at Sunnset beach to take in the sunset. The real action took place the next morning when the two girls and I took our surfing lessons. Now that had to be the highlight of the trip.

vl, Holly posted close to 5 or 600 pictures of our trip on fb, so there is really no need for me to post more except forthose who do not use fb

Turtle sculpture

File Attachment:

Bd lunch
File Attachment:

Ted's
File Attachment:

Dinner at turtle Bay resort
File Attachment:

Up on the first try, but it did not last long lol

Sounds nice, glad ya had a great day!

15 Apr 2011 13:20 #35 by Rockdoc
Thanks TPP. It was a fun day.

15 Apr 2011 20:06 #36 by Sunshine Girl
Happy Belated Birthday My Rock! Glad you had such a wonderful birthday because you deserve it. Love your Sunshine! :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

15 Apr 2011 20:07 #37 by Sunshine Girl

TPP wrote: NOT ABOUT YOU!

lol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

15 Apr 2011 20:44 #38 by Rockdoc
You are the one who was most responsible for making it so memorable and for encouraging me to try surfing. I really did think that was most enjoyable, though I did get a little banged up. lol THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart gorgeous.

15 Apr 2011 20:53 #39 by Sunshine Girl
At least you didn't go topless skydiving! :Whistle :faint: :wink: :VeryScared:

15 Apr 2011 21:00 #40 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!
It wasn't topless but you tried. LOL

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds