Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

16 Apr 2011 21:37 #61 by Sunshine Girl
Here's a cool thing that RD spotted first. I'm watching Pirates OTC which reminded me of it. Below is the Black Pearl in the marina at our hotel. Soooooo cool!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2011 21:52 #62 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!
Yep. Saw it while looking what kind of sailboats were for sale at the KoOlina resort harbor. the ships lines and depressing darkness arrest attention. You took a great shot of it.

16 Apr 2011 22:07 #63 by Sunshine Girl
I can't believe we got out of there with only buying a timeshare and not a boat too. LOL

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

17 Apr 2011 09:37 #64 by Wily Fox aka Angela
you gotta learn to pace yourselves.... next trip, maybe
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1198 ... ected=true

when I was a kid, I was fascinated with and drew two things over and over... 1. Wind swept dead pine tree on side of mountain and 2. clipper ships.

17 Apr 2011 12:53 #65 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

Sunshine Girl wrote: I can't believe we got out of there with only buying a timeshare and not a boat too. LOL

One of these days maybe I'll take sailing lessons and then we can charter a bare bottom sailboat?

17 Apr 2011 13:15 #66 by Sunshine Girl

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: you gotta learn to pace yourselves.... next trip, maybe
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1198 ... ected=true

when I was a kid, I was fascinated with and drew two things over and over... 1. Wind swept dead pine tree on side of mountain and 2. clipper ships.

Those are very interesting things for a young girl to be interested in. Cool! The ship was amazing and I got some close-up shots of interesting features on it if anyone is interested. Pace ourselves? Ha! Just kidding. Actually we had a pretty long time to do and see everything we did and I think we covered much of the island. I used to live in Maui for a bit and have been to Oahu so many times. It was an exciting and relaxing vacation. I'd love to see a drawing of a wind swept dead pine tree. Can you still draw them?

17 Apr 2011 13:15 #67 by Sunshine Girl

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: I can't believe we got out of there with only buying a timeshare and not a boat too. LOL

One of these days maybe I'll take sailing lessons and then we can charter a bare bottom sailboat?

You had me at bare bottom.......sailboat - of course. :wink:

17 Apr 2011 13:27 #68 by Iggy
Replied by Iggy on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

You had me at bare bottom.......sailboat - of course. :wink:

Made me remember a movie about a glass bottom boat w/Doris Day! God I feel old!

HB Franz! No Island fever?

17 Apr 2011 13:30 #69 by Sunshine Girl
I remember that movie!

17 Apr 2011 14:05 #70 by Iggy
Replied by Iggy on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

Sunshine Girl wrote: I remember that movie!

In a re-run maybe! circa; 1966

You ain't old enough fer the first run little girl!

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds