Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

18 Apr 2011 16:17 #71 by ScienceChic
I almost forgot about your horoscope! If I have the sign/year wrong, let me know...

Aries/Rooster
Aries is a fire sign, Rooster is represented by metal. The two signs together in one human being produce a product similar to burnished gold; this is a positive match. Both Aries and Rooster people are self-directed, neither enjoys being dominated. Nature in all its forms will fascinate and occupy this bustling soul. Overall, they retain a quality of Naivete and condor that can prove endearing as long as the new projects they are attacking are neither wars nor domestic crises. Witty and fleet of foot and mind, this subject will never be a bore.

Prescription for the future
I will bet that you are often accused of arrogance. People who do not know you well, in the face of your reticence to discuss your own deepest feelings, have a way of misjudging your basically kind nature.

Compatibilities
Rooster people work as hard at love as in their professional lives to prove themselves worthy of the esteem of others. When they find love and tenderness, they wisely hold onto what they have. Roosters do not uncover new sources of affection gladly.
Roosters get on well with the faithful Ox.
Intellectually, the Snake and Rooster are well-matched.
Dragons bring amazing good fortune to the Rooster person they choose to love.
Though they worry the disquiet Dog with their endless pursuit of novelty, Roosters can get along well with a Dog if much passion is present between the two.
Rats make good partners for the busy Rooster person who travels a lot.
Roosters and Cats do not usually manage to find detente from their differences, sparks are inevitable.
Roosters deplore the very co-existence of other Roosters.

There's a lot more in my Chinese Astrology book if you're interested - friendships, business partners, parenting other signs, etc!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Apr 2011 20:27 #72 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

Science Chic wrote: I almost forgot about your horoscope! If I have the sign/year wrong, let me know...

Aries/Rooster

Prescription for the future
I will bet that you are often accused of arrogance. People who do not know you well, in the face of your reticence to discuss your own deepest feelings, have a way of misjudging your basically kind nature.

Indeed. See Don't let Ignorant People vote"" thread and MajorBean has decided that I am indeed arrogant and an elitist. :wink:

18 Apr 2011 20:47 #73 by ScienceChic
Ahh, I'm in good company then - I've been judged an unloving and unfit mother apparently (see Just So You All Know thread)! :biggrin:

I loved that Don't Let Ignorant People Vote thread - you and AV had a great discussion going!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Apr 2011 21:05 #74 by Rockdoc

Iggy wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: I can't believe we got out of there with only buying a timeshare and not a boat too. LOL

One of these days maybe I'll take sailing lessons and then we can charter a bare bottom sailboat?

You had me at bare bottom.......sailboat - of course. :wink:

Made me remember a movie about a glass bottom boat w/Doris Day! God I feel old!

HB Franz! No Island fever?

Thank you for the BD wishes. the only fever i have is go back soon fever and it' my understanding there is no cure here. why can't we all be independently wealthy/

18 Apr 2011 21:07 #75 by Rockdoc

Science Chic wrote: Ahh, I'm in good company then - I've been judged an unloving and unfit mother apparently (see Just So You All Know thread)! :biggrin:

I loved that Don't Let Ignorant People Vote thread - you and AV had a great discussion going!

Such is life. i'll not loose sleep over someone's opinion formed exclusively from postings on line. i take it you are secure in the knowledge of who you really are.

Yes, I quite enjoyed a real discussion, a respectful exchange of ideas and different perspectives.

18 Apr 2011 21:14 #76 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Happy Birthday to Rockdoc!

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Iggy wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: I can't believe we got out of there with only buying a timeshare and not a boat too. LOL

One of these days maybe I'll take sailing lessons and then we can charter a bare bottom sailboat?

Thank you for the BD wishes. the only fever i have is go back soon fever and it' my understanding there is no cure here. why can't we all be independently wealthy/

Next time go to any of the other islands- They are all much better. I recomend the sunny side of kauai, United has nonstops on weekends to LIH- It feels a lot more like Hawaii than Oahu.

18 Apr 2011 21:19 #77 by UNDER MODERATION
Next time we go were going to Molikai for a month. There's nothing there but a few golf courses, a general store, a few nice places to stay and a beach. I'll do nothing but golf, fish, grill the fish, and sip cold beer, and my wife will do nothing but make salads, eat grilled fish, and read her Kindle book.

18 Apr 2011 21:44 #78 by Sunshine Girl

Vice Lord wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Iggy wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Next time go to any of the other islands- They are all much better. I recomend the sunny side of kauai, United has nonstops on weekends to LIH- It feels a lot more like Hawaii than Oahu.

Oh my dear VL.........what a can of worms you just opened. Contrary to what you believe Oahu IS the REAL Hawaii ONLY IF you know what to do and where to go. You see I used to live there so I have a feeling I know just a bit more about Hawaii than you do. I lived on Maui, honeymooned and visited Kauai more times than I can count, been to Lanai (boring), been to the Big Island a few times, and have been to Oahu more than 30 times (I have family that lives there) so I KNOW that I know far more about Hawaii that you could possibly claim too (even though you will try). LOL

The reason people say that Oahu is not the real Hawaii is because they don't know where to go. Oahu has everything that you can find on any of the other islands (with maybe the exception of the Big Island which is not my favorite). I know all the places to go to see the real beauty Oahu has to offer. I love Kauai, but when you have kids it has it's limits. If you friend me on Facebook you can see some cool pictures. I know, I know Facebook is gay if you're a guy. Funny, I guess Twitter is manly huh? lol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

18 Apr 2011 21:48 #79 by ScienceChic

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Such is life. i'll not loose sleep over someone's opinion formed exclusively from postings on line. i take it you are secure in the knowledge of who you really are.

Yup! Most days I even like me too! :biggrin:

Vice Lord wrote: Next time go to any of the other islands- They are all much better. I recomend the sunny side of kauai, United has nonstops on weekends to LIH- It feels a lot more like Hawaii than Oahu.

I too recommend Kaua'i - it's my favorite (I may be biased though, I got married there). But honestly, each one has its own uniqueness and is worth exploring. Maui is way too commercial for me, but has the most beautiful round-the-island drive that takes all day (and the most colorful beaches). Moloka'i is rustic, off-the-beaten path. Good if you really want to get away from it all, in a camping kind of way, not in a luxurious sort of way (good history lesson too - check out the old leper colony). The macadamia and coffee farms are cool. The Big Island has the most diverse landscape and is definitely worth the trip if you love volcanoes at all - seeing the multiple flows down the hillsides makes the eruption so real - you can just imagine the lava rolling down toward you. Driving right up to where the current eruption flowed across the highway and buried it, and then looking back and realizing that there's only one way out - the way you came in, and if the flow shifted while you were there...it's impossible not to get the shivers! Oahu is nice because it has everything that is quintessentially Hawaiian - great surf, beautiful beaches, snorkeling, restaurants, hiking, gardens, etc. Never been to Lanai.

Next time we go were going to Molikai for a month. There's nothing there but a few golf courses, a general store, a few nice places to stay and a beach. I'll do nothing but golf, fish, grill the fish, and sip cold beer, and my wife will do nothing but make salads, eat grilled fish, and read her Kindle book.

Sounds like paradise!

18 Apr 2011 22:53 #80 by UNDER MODERATION

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Iggy wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Oh my dear VL.........what a can of worms you just opened. Contrary to what you believe Oahu IS the REAL Hawaii ONLY IF you know what to do and where to go. You see I used to live there so I have a feeling I know just a bit more about Hawaii than you do. I lived on Maui, honeymooned and visited Kauai more times than I can count, been to Lanai (boring), been to the Big Island a few times, and have been to Oahu more than 30 times (I have family that lives there) so I KNOW that I know far more about Hawaii that you could possibly claim too (even though you will try). LOL

The reason people say that Oahu is not the real Hawaii is because they don't know where to go. Oahu has everything that you can find on any of the other islands (with maybe the exception of the Big Island which is not my favorite). I know all the places to go to see the real beauty Oahu has to offer. I love Kauai, but when you have kids it has it's limits. If you friend me on Facebook you can see some cool pictures. I know, I know Facebook is gay if you're a guy. Funny, I guess Twitter is manly huh? lol

I've been to Hawaii every year for 43 years and been all over every inch of every island and the french frigate shoals. And I speak fluent Pidgin.
This is Oahu- I'm looking for some pic's of the Tent Cities there-I have em somewhere

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds