Where were you born and where did you grow up?

13 Jun 2010 18:20 - 13 Jun 2010 20:16 #1 by The Viking
Just thought this might give us a chance to get to know a little more about each other.

I was born in Minnesota and grew up on a farm in South Dakota and went to school in a town of 250 there. I loaded up my car when I was 19 and move to Los Angeles for 4 years. Then to Colorado 19 years ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2010 18:29 #2 by pinedust
I was born in Paradise, California and grew up in Chico, a few miles away. I've been in Colorado for the last 30 years though, so I don't think of myself as a californicator.

13 Jun 2010 18:33 #3 by homeagain
Born Las Animas,Colorado....down south. Left for Alaska (Anchorage) in 1955,came back to Colorado in 1965. Mountains make up my
mindset. :wink:

13 Jun 2010 18:35 #4 by The Viking

pinedust wrote: I was born in Paradise, California and grew up in Chico, a few miles away. I've been in Colorado for the last 30 years though, so I don't think of myself as a californicator.

I heard Paradise is in pretty country up there.

13 Jun 2010 18:46 #5 by pinedust
Paradise is much like Bailey. It is in the foothills, there are lots of trees, outcroppings, etc., but the dirt is red and the elevation is about 6000 feet lower.
It is kinda cool saying you were born in "Paradise", but it makes me feel like I should have a silver spoon or something.

13 Jun 2010 18:47 #6 by Essexgirlinthemountains
Born in Essex, England. Moved to Miami, Fl at 25. Geneve, Switzerland for a year in the late 90's. Visited Colorado, felt the call and moved to the mountains May 1st 2005. Happy to be here. :wave:

13 Jun 2010 18:47 #7 by CC
I was born in Pasadena Texas. I moved to the Hill Country when I was 25 and then headed for bigger hills 25 years ago.

Does anyone know what they call a Texan who moves to Colorado?

a CoTex

:wave: :woo hoo: :Whistle lol

13 Jun 2010 18:51 - 07 Jul 2011 18:32 #8 by major bean

Regards,
Major Bean

13 Jun 2010 18:52 #9 by serenity
Born in Newark, NJ. Grew up in Maplewood/South Orange, NJ. Came to CO in 1985. Had to change orientation to work from ocean to mountains. Love it! :heart:

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

13 Jun 2010 18:53 #10 by pchistory
Born, raised, and always lived in Colorado. Same with my dad, both his parents, and my grandmother's mother.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds