Where were you born and where did you grow up?

14 Jun 2010 09:01 #31 by jdk
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Grew up in Denver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2010 09:13 - 14 Jun 2010 09:15 #32 by stcroix2

The Viking wrote:

stcroix2 wrote: Viking, went to Northern State College (now Northern State University) in Aberdeen. Raised on a farm 3 1/2 miles from Houghton, in Brown County. Attended school, kindergarten through HS in Hecla up near the NoDak border.

I know where Hecla is. We use to play them in sports. They are in our Conference. Also dated a girl from there. I was raised in Doland. about 60 mile SE of Aberdeen. A classmate of mine became the head BB coach at NSU for years.

The school at Hecla is gone now, the students are bussed over to Britton. I played sports, well, what we had, Football, BB, Track... at that time, Doland would have been quite a trip, the most distant team we played was Warner, south of Aberdeen. Seems to me I remember some twins from Doland I went to college with... maybe???? testing the old memory cells here... the Hitchcock twins... umm, Darrel and Dalton, geesh there is sure a lot of dust on those cells way back there! Hey, maybe it was the Doland twins from Hitchcock! ;-)

14 Jun 2010 09:15 #33 by Grady
Born and raised on S. Cal, surfer dude. After the Marines went back to college, Sacramento State, lived in and around N. Cal until 1999 when we moved to Conifer. I plan on my ashes being spread through out Colorado.

14 Jun 2010 09:28 #34 by ComputerBreath
Born in Salt Lake City, Utah. Moved to Casper, Wyoming before my 1st birthday. Moved to Denver in a small house on Alaska Place near the intersection of Sheridan and Alameda before I turned 3. Lived in various areas of the Denver metro area...Thornton, Winona Court, Franklin Street right across from Cheesman Park, Ogden Street...until I was almost 4 when we moved to Kiowa, Colorado...25 miles southeast of Castle Rock. Lived there until right after my 14th birthday when we moved to my Mom's hometown of Glenwood Springs. Graduated high school from GSHS and left for AF basic training 6 weeks later.

Spent 20 wonderful years serving my country. Either permanently stationed or visited: San Antonio Texas (6 weeks of basic training); Biloxi Mississippi (8 weeks of technical training); Blytheville Arkansas (a little over 4 years); Ankara Turkey (2 years); Spokane Washington (almost 5 years); Camp Darby Italy (near Pisa) for a year; and finally San Antonio Texas for my remaining 7 years. Then moved to Park County...at the time my mom lived in Bailey and my sister lived in Fairplay. The whole time I was in the AF, I really missed God's country...Colorado and the snow.

14 Jun 2010 10:19 #35 by LopingAlong
Born and raised in Carmel, CA. Moved here 23 years ago and feel like I have two 'homes', the Monterey Peninsula and the mountains here. Two of the most beautiful places in the world, I believe.

14 Jun 2010 10:55 #36 by Grady

LopingAlong wrote: Born and raised in Carmel, CA. Moved here 23 years ago and feel like I have two 'homes', the Monterey Peninsula and the mountains here. Two of the most beautiful places in the world, I believe.

I spent 4 months at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, still have a very good friend who has lived in Pacific Grove for many years. I do miss the Pacific.

14 Jun 2010 11:00 #37 by PrintSmith
Colorado born, Colorado bred. When I die, I'll be Colorado dead.

14 Jun 2010 11:04 #38 by Ronbo
Born and raised in Santa Cruz, CA.

14 Jun 2010 11:14 #39 by LopingAlong
Wow! So many of us from the same area of CA. Good to 'meet' you all here. :sunshine:

14 Jun 2010 13:03 #40 by EddieWess
Born in Chicago, grew up mostly in Blue Island , IL. Moved to CO in 1998 from Glen Ellyn, IL a western suburb of Chicago.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds