Where were you born and where did you grow up?

13 Jun 2010 18:54 #11 by LOL
Born in Texas
Raised in Upstate NY
College in Mass and Arizona
Been all over the country, decided Colorado was the best place in the whole USA!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2010 19:12 #12 by pinedust
ewwwwwww

Becky wrote: I was born in Pasadena Texas. I moved to the Hill Country when I was 25 and then headed for bigger hills 25 years ago.

Does anyone know what they call a Texan who moves to Colorado?

a CoTex

:wave: :woo hoo: :Whistle lol

13 Jun 2010 19:19 #13 by serenity

pinedust wrote: ewwwwwww

Becky wrote: I was born in Pasadena Texas. I moved to the Hill Country when I was 25 and then headed for bigger hills 25 years ago.

Does anyone know what they call a Texan who moves to Colorado?

a CoTex

:wave: :woo hoo: :Whistle lol

That's GROSS! And anyway...it's spelled with a K not a C!

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

13 Jun 2010 19:27 #14 by jf1acai
Born in Leadville, Colorado.

I will NEVER grow up! lol

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

13 Jun 2010 19:33 #15 by FoothillsRealtor
I was born in Germany (and moved around there a lot Bonn, Hamburg, Munich and a couple others along the way), moved to South America (Colombia), then to England, to Colorado in 1995 - I love it here and will never move.

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

13 Jun 2010 20:06 #16 by PhoneGeek
I was born in Knoxville, Iowa. Moved to Chicago for 5 years after college. My love for horses made me want to move West, been here since 1991 and love the mountains of Colorado. :love: :love: :love:

13 Jun 2010 20:22 #17 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Where were you born and where did you grow up?
I was born on a stormy night at the Jacksonville Naval Hospital in Jacksonville Florida. My mother said the instant I was born lighting struck and the lights went out. My Father was flying jet fighters in Viet Nam before we were officially in Viet Nam and my mother who was a Air force nurse was staying at my fathers childhood home with my grandmaw in Jacksonville. My father moved us all to Washington D.C. when he was stationed there when I was around 1 years old. He was in charge of the hanger where they parked Air Force one at Andrews AFB. Btw he said there were two coffins on Air Force One when they brought Kennedy's body back.

To Be continued.....

13 Jun 2010 20:28 #18 by stcroix2
Viking, we share South Dakota in our roots. Born, raised, and educated in that fair state, also on a small farm, through school in a town of 500, then moved to the"city" (40 miles away) for college... after college, the Windy City... Hit Colorado in '00, moved up the mountain in '02

13 Jun 2010 20:33 #19 by Blue Columbine
I was born in Mercy Hospital in Northglenn, CO--lived there until I was 4 when we moved up to Evergreen so my mom could fulfill her lifelong dream of owning horses (she still does to this day). My father, who worked for the phone company (Mtn Bell) was transferred to AT&T in NJ when I was 9, we lived there for 4 years, then he was transferred to Southwestern Bell in El Paso, TX. I hope I don't offend anyone from TX, but, that was the worst 10 months of my life! El Paso is the armpit of the country IMO. Thankfully, he was transferred back to Denver with US West and we moved to Pine Jct in 1981. I finished HS at Platte Canyon. Other than a 2.5 year stint in Chicago where I was transferred for work (like father like daughter), I've lived here in Colorado (Morrison, Lakewood, Littleton, Thornton and then FINALLY Conifer in 2007). It's my home and I'll always love it!!!

sorry so long-winded...... :blahblah: :blahblah:

13 Jun 2010 20:46 #20 by MoCat
I was born in Denver and grew up (if you call it that) in Lakewood and Morrison, then moved to Bailey.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds