Where were you born and where did you grow up?

13 Jun 2010 20:46 #21 by The Viking

stcroix2 wrote: Viking, we share South Dakota in our roots. Born, raised, and educated in that fair state, also on a small farm, through school in a town of 500, then moved to the"city" (40 miles away) for college... after college, the Windy City... Hit Colorado in '00, moved up the mountain in '02

My parents, grandparent and greatgrandparents were all born and raised in South Dakota. My grandparents still love on the farm that their grandparents homesteaded in 1872. Where did you go to college? I lived in the NE part of the state.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2010 20:48 #22 by The Viking

Blue Columbine wrote: I was born in Mercy Hospital in Northglenn, CO--lived there until I was 4 when we moved up to Evergreen so my mom could fulfill her lifelong dream of owning horses (she still does to this day). My father, who worked for the phone company (Mtn Bell) was transferred to AT&T in NJ when I was 9, we lived there for 4 years, then he was transferred to Southwestern Bell in El Paso, TX. I hope I don't offend anyone from TX, but, that was the worst 10 months of my life! El Paso is the armpit of the country IMO. Thankfully, he was transferred back to Denver with US West and we moved to Pine Jct in 1981. I finished HS at Platte Canyon. Other than a 2.5 year stint in Chicago where I was transferred for work (like father like daughter), I've lived here in Colorado (Morrison, Lakewood, Littleton, Thornton and then FINALLY Conifer in 2007). It's my home and I'll always love it!!!

sorry so long-winded...... :blahblah: :blahblah:

Have you seen the talkers in this group? That isn't long winded at all! :biggrin:

13 Jun 2010 20:56 #23 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Where were you born and where did you grow up?
I was born at Mercy Hospital In Denver. Not there anymore. Lived in Aurora until I was in the 3rd grade then lived in Craig until my teens. We had driven through Craig on our way to Salt Lake City to visit and my parents loved the town. After we got home they went back, found a job and picked up and moved there.

We lived out of town so my brother and I were each others playmate most of the time. My parents were hunters. I learned to fish and loved sports because of it. We had horses, chickens a garden. I consider it a gift to have grown up in the country. There was always something to do and I learned so much.

I could never live anywhere else but Colorado, mostly because of the climate. Humidity drives me insane and I can't deal with it.

13 Jun 2010 23:33 #24 by Wayne Harrison
I was born in California but I grew up in Texas and I consider that my home state. First moved to Colorado in 1973 when I rode my bicycle up here (2 week trip). left four years later to move back to Texas, then Minnesota and back to Colorado in 1983. I've spent half my life in Colorado. I plan to retire to East Texas in a few years. It's a lot like Colorado, with pine forests and lots of lakes for great bass and catfishing (real fish -- not these skinny trout).

13 Jun 2010 23:52 #25 by Rockdoc
Born in Rudolstadt, Germany (former E. Germany) my parents were expelled before I was one. We moved to Osterhofen in Bavaria where I lived until I was 8. At that point of my life, we immigrated to the US. Spent the rest of my childhood in Canaan, NY. We called 65 acres home and I spent 8 years helping in building and landscaping the home.

14 Jun 2010 01:10 #26 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote: Have you seen the talkers in this group? That isn't long winded at all! :biggrin:

:Whistle
Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. Met my hubby after grad school, got laid off 2 weeks after we started dating, 2 weeks later decided to pack up and move to San Francisco to join him (not SO crazy - there's a lot more biotech and university jobs there than in Cinti), married one year later, lived there another year then moved here. Split the difference between CA and both our home states to make visiting easier and loved it ever since!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Jun 2010 05:26 #27 by JRSK
Born and raised in Appleton WI. I spent my childhood summers up here canoeing/camping these Northwoods. There's not many rivers or lakes I didn't experience as a child; including the boundry waters up into the Quetico! I love this corner of the world and now I am home again! :heart:

14 Jun 2010 08:00 - 14 Jun 2010 12:14 #28 by JMC
Trenton, NJ
"Trenton makes the world takes
What the world refuses Trenton uses"
That motto was on the bridge crossing into PA
Moved to Colorado in 1974 and never looked back

14 Jun 2010 08:40 #29 by stcroix2
Viking, went to Northern State College (now Northern State University) in Aberdeen. Raised on a farm 3 1/2 miles from Houghton, in Brown County. Attended school, kindergarten through HS in Hecla up near the NoDak border.

14 Jun 2010 08:48 #30 by The Viking

stcroix2 wrote: Viking, went to Northern State College (now Northern State University) in Aberdeen. Raised on a farm 3 1/2 miles from Houghton, in Brown County. Attended school, kindergarten through HS in Hecla up near the NoDak border.

I know where Hecla is. We use to play them in sports. They are in our Conference. Also dated a girl from there. I was raised in Doland. about 60 mile SE of Aberdeen. A classmate of mine became the head BB coach at NSU for years.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds