Where were you born and where did you grow up?

16 Jun 2010 10:22 #71 by abc
I was born in Brighton, MA. and grew up in Rockland, MA. Attended college in Syracuse, NY and London, England for one year. After college lived in Boston, MA for a couple of years and then in Norfolk, MA for 15 years after I got married. Moved to Conifer almost 4 years ago. Mountains are pretty but I miss the hot, humid weather and hanging by a pool, lake, or ocean all summer ;(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2010 10:23 #72 by RivendaleFarms

LopingAlong wrote: My hubby's from MI and it's a beautiful place I think. Just too hot and humid and too cold and humid for me. I'm a wimp.

Me, too - that's why I moved!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

16 Jun 2010 10:52 #73 by The Viking

abc wrote: I was born in Brighton, MA. and grew up in Rockland, MA. Attended college in Syracuse, NY and London, England for one year. After college lived in Boston, MA for a couple of years and then in Norfolk, MA for 15 years after I got married. Moved to Conifer almost 4 years ago. Mountains are pretty but I miss the hot, humid weather and hanging by a pool, lake, or ocean all summer ;(

Quite a change. You have always lived in the East and then all of the sudden Conifer? I think you made a good choice though. I am not into the hot and humid.

16 Jun 2010 11:23 #74 by BaileyMama

serenity wrote:

BaileyMama wrote: Born in Torrance, CA. Lived in southern Cali for most of my life. Moved to Colorado with the fam at 16 and bought my house in Bailey with my hubby almost 5 years ago. :heart:

Gosh - you don't look that old BaileyMama! But you've got one helluva smile! :thumbsup:

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

16 Jun 2010 11:34 #75 by unlimited
It was a dark and stormy night...
Oh wait a minute, that's Snoopy's story!
I was born in Denver, spent my "formative" years in Arvada, then Boulder for a lost decade,
then Steamboat Springs, and finally back to the front range in 1984. Moved up into the
corridor in 1990. Keep moving further and further from the city. I'll get it right eventually.

16 Jun 2010 11:53 #76 by 2wlady
Born and raised an American.

Born in Munich, Germany, returned stateside to Ft. Myer, Virginia for 5 years, back to Germany for 3, then to Baltimore, Blue Ridge Summit on PA/MD border, back to Virginia, to NC, to Virginia, to Bailey.

Never was called to jury duty until I lived here for 6 months. Moved here on a June day, reported to jury duty the following January.

16 Jun 2010 12:26 #77 by ComputerBreath

RivendaleFarms wrote:

LopingAlong wrote: My hubby's from MI and it's a beautiful place I think. Just too hot and humid and too cold and humid for me. I'm a wimp.

Me, too - that's why I moved!

I've heard that the mosquitos up there will pick you up and carry you away! And in the winters the roads increase in height, because they just drive on and pack down the snow...well, that's what I was told by people that were stationed at KI Sawyer AFB before it closed.

17 Jun 2010 11:11 #78 by Southpark
I was born in Gary, Indiana. Moved to Phoenix when I turned 7 and did all my growing up there. I spent time in Ft Lauderdale, Fl and Ft Rucker, AL before I moved to Greeley 3 days before the Broncos Monday night blizzard game against Green Bay. Moved to Pine in January, 1991. Once Pine and Bailey got too crowded, I moved to Jefferson.

17 Jun 2010 14:50 #79 by MalamuteMom
I was born and raised in Redwood City, CA. Stayed until I was 19 then moved to Reno, NV. Lived there close to 20 years and just moved to Conifer 2 years ago. I spent my summers in the Santa Cruz mountains and tons of time at Lake Tahoe and have always wanted a cabin in the mountains.

17 Jun 2010 15:13 #80 by Abner
Born in Denver, raised in Lakewood/Littleton. Moved to Kansas at age 20. Moved back 6 months later! Happy to be in the foothills for 2 years now.
Who knew it would be so hot & humid one state over?

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds