Lower North Fork Fire & Prescribed Fire Review

26 Apr 2012 11:04 - 26 Apr 2012 11:07 #421 by Raees
The key there is proving willful and wanton.

You sound like a lawyer wanna be.

When I was lurking this site during the fire I really got tired of your daily pats on the back about how you had taken in a family from the fire. It's good you were able to do that for them. Mentioning it every day got to be a drag. I just tuned it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2012 11:06 #422 by homeagain

Raees wrote: I look at living in the mountains with annual threat of wildfires pretty much the same as living on the coast with the threat of hurricanes.

Nobody made any of us move here. We chose it. Just because we chose to live in a high-risk area, do we really expect the rest of the taxpayers to assume the burden of risk for us? Be responsible for your own self. Get adequate insurance. Replacement value. Accept that there is always a risk of your home burning down up here and prepare as best you can for it. Accept responsibility for where you choose to live. Don't expect Colorado taxpayers to bail you out if something goes wrong that is beyond your control. Don't be so sue happy. The courts are crowded enough already. All it does it make the lawyers rich.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct(the bolded),BUT when there is a seriously flawed/ineffective/blatantly lacking process in place,a REVIEW,
REVISION and ACCOUNTABILTY (meaning ramifications of one's actions) IS MANDATORY......if that means loss of job,monies being
payed,demotions/negative performance reviews/suspensions,then from my POV......that is ACTION for accountability. JMO

26 Apr 2012 11:34 #423 by CC
Is the light green yet?

[youtube:kk40v8cf]
[/youtube:kk40v8cf]

26 Apr 2012 11:42 - 10 Dec 2016 21:46 #424 by homeagain

Raees wrote: I look at living in the mountains with annual threat of wildfires pretty much the same as living on the coast with the threat of hurricanes.

Nobody made any of us move here. We chose it. Just because we chose to live in a high-risk area, do we really expect the rest of the taxpayers to assume the burden of risk for us? Be responsible for your own self. Get adequate insurance. Replacement value. Accept that there is always a risk of your home burning down up here and prepare as best you can for it. Accept responsibility for where you choose to live. Don't expect Colorado taxpayers to bail you out if something goes wrong that is beyond your control. Don't be so sue happy. The courts are crowded enough already. All it does it make the lawyers rich.

Are you (collectively) AWARE that there is a sur charge on your phone bill for 911 services.....my understanding that INCLUDES emergency alert notifications.......you are PAYING FOR AN INEFFECTIVE SERVICE,proven by the most recent massive fire.......I have a call into Jeff IRVIN president of the 911 authority Board..........

26 Apr 2012 11:45 #425 by akilina

Raees wrote: The key there is proving willful and wanton.

You sound like a lawyer wanna be.

When I was lurking this site during the fire I really got tired of your daily pats on the back about how you had taken in a family from the fire. It's good you were able to do that for them. Mentioning it every day got to be a drag. I just tuned it out.

Becky is that you??? You keep following me around every place I post.

Gee I would like to take credit for it but it wasn't my family who took in the family. I only volunteered to help this affected homeowner cut down dead trees. What did you do?

Hey if it is too tough for you, don't read this thread.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

26 Apr 2012 11:47 #426 by akilina

Becky wrote: Is the light green yet?

[youtube:i90prt53]

[/youtube:i90prt53]

Absolutely tasteless.

Have you considered that there are affected homeowners who read this thread and see you for what you are?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

26 Apr 2012 11:51 - 10 Dec 2016 21:44 #427 by akilina

homeagain wrote:

Are you (collectively) AWARE that there is a sur charge on your phone bill for 911 services.....my understanding that INCLUDES emergency alert notifications.......you are PAYING FOR AN INEFFECTIVE SERVICE,proven by the most recent massive fire.......I have a call into Jeff IRVIN president of the 911 authority Board..........

I am aware of the surcharge. Correct me if I am wrong though, each county selects the business they will use for emergency alert notifications. Parkco's is different from Jeffco. So it looks like the County would be responsible when it's business provider fails. But please let me know what you find.

26 Apr 2012 12:29 #428 by CC

26 Apr 2012 12:38 - 26 Apr 2012 19:01 #429 by Raees

akilina wrote: Becky is that you??? You keep following me around every place I post.

Mtntrekker, is that you? I think it's cute the way you two act like you just met on this site. rofllol

Sorry I got you confused with your alter ego.

akilina wrote: I only volunteered to help this affected homeowner cut down dead trees. What did you do?

Many of us up here don't have go on the internet and brag about what we do to volunteer to help our neighbors. We volunteer without crowing about it.

Others have to remind people every day.

26 Apr 2012 12:58 #430 by Nobody that matters

akilina wrote: Now some homeowners have the added cost of having to upgrade a mile of road because the fire department won't service them in the future.

Did the fire department tell the homeowners that the road which was previously approved is not now approved? I don't understand how the road upgrade is a result of the fire.

Did the road degrade as a result of the fire, or did the fire department and the residents just now notice that it wasn't able to be traversed by firefightig equipment?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds