Seriously Pinecam? Seriously?????

09 Jun 2012 16:21 #71 by Sunshine Girl

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: Sorry Science Chic, but I don't think I am the only one confused that Cinnamon girl is not a part of the site. I am glad that I stated it the way that I did so that you could clear up any misunderstandings. I wonder why I thought she was part of the staff?

I can see why you might have thought that Wily, but SC bought this site quite awhile ago and she is the sole owner. I agree though with her that ANYONE has a right to speak their mind which is why this site was started in the first place. :biggrin:

I do disagree with you though on the need for this thread. It has been FAR TO EASY for PC to not acknowledge or address issues that it finds uncomfortable so instead they would either be quiet on the subject or force it's members into silence. This site doesn't allow them to take the chicken sh*t way out anymore. True, they WILL NEVER has the guts to discuss the subject on this site, OR ON THEIR OWN SITE either. They would rather pretend there is no issue and hope it goes away. Well, so far that doesn't seem to be working for them as people can and will voice their concerns WITH OR WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. Same tune, different song imo. It might not be a pretty discussion, but that is not this site's fault. CG has tried in vain so far and yet she is still trying. I believe the soldiers are worth it and I know you do too. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2012 17:06 #72 by freebird
Our troops don't care what community effort (whether a result of an individual like TPP or VL, or an organized group like TSAC or Becky's effort for 285Bound) resulted in them being remembered and appreciated with numerous comfort items they can really use. The bottom line is that we think about them and do what we can to thank them for their service.

I don't care at all if TSAC benefits by our (285Bound) memberships' generosity with monetary donations for postage or comfort items for shipment. I'd be happy to help if our site wants to take up collections to send or perhaps work with the Conifer Women's Auxillary. I enjoyed sharing in the converation that Becky had with their President (if I am remembering her title, correctly) last fall at a VFW breakfast. If a group of people here want to organize such an effort, I'd like to help.

And TPP, you were so right with your advice a year or so ago when we talked (at a VFW breakfast, I think) that our guys love action hero comic books. I must have helped pack at least 100 for shipment in the May packing effort.

and Holly - :heart: :sunshine:

09 Jun 2012 17:26 #73 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Seriously Pinecam? Seriously?????

cinnamongirl wrote: I am not much involved with management of this site anymore.

I am very busy now with Communities Bound and not on the site near as much anymore.

I may have gone overboard on this a bit because I was not happy when I saw that statement and I was trying to figure out why PC would do what they did. However as long SC is still for open discussion I felt it was important to bring it up. And yes. I was very upset at the time. I don't know who did it or why. I just know that the misunderstanding screwed up what this site was trying to do and if you don't believe any other thing I say here, at least believe this..... This mis statement kept all the members of this site that did want to do something from doing it, because they were not included. Probably for more than one reason. You guys make your own decision on if this was right to do what they did. But at least you have the info now.

From my heart, I wanted them to tell us why we were told something completely different. I take responsibility for my part in this and I am sorry again to our members whether it was a misunderstanding or not that I mentioned partnering in the first place and if SC feels differently that is her decision as well. Some of you will be happy to know, this is most likely the last time I get this heavily involved in this site's issues.

09 Jun 2012 19:04 #74 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Seriously Pinecam? Seriously?????
I don't know anything about the TSAC but I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that they skimped on their care packages so they could claim to have sent out more care packages. Thats not how I do business, I'll send out the best care packages ever and the next thing you know 60 minutes or 9News will be doing a story on me and how wildly popopular the Vice Lord Troop Care® Packages™ are amonst the troops. Then i'll get people and corporations to sponser my Vice Lord Troop Care® packages™ and i'll send out even more.

Thats how you do it

09 Jun 2012 19:12 #75 by akilina
lol VL I have an idea that TSAC has sent out really great care packages.

But hey I believe you would do a fantastic job too. So go for it.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

09 Jun 2012 19:20 #76 by UNDER MODERATION

akilina wrote: lol VL I have an idea that TSAC has sent out really great care packages.

But hey I believe you would do a fantastic job too. So go for it.

I'm really into this..I'm a man so I know what a man wants when he's out in the bush..(I was in Africa in March)

09 Jun 2012 19:50 #77 by mountaindollar
Ok folks just so you know Mountain Dollar personally had over 200 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies dropped off at our store and those cookies all went to the troops as do hundereds of other items(through TSAC).

TSAC is just one way to give to the troops and if you do not want to support our efforts that is fine please do it in some other way as the men and women that protect our country deserve it.

If you hate PC and think that TSAC is to close to it then please select another outlet.

I post on both sites and help the boundcommunites in other ways but whether anyone likes it or not I support all the websites in our area some I like more than others but hey that is just me.

Please DO NOT quite supporting the troops they need it and they need to know that their country cares about them.

My Dad is a WWII vet and what I do for TSAC is in honor of his service not because I like a website.

God Bless America.

09 Jun 2012 19:52 #78 by Wily Fox aka Angela
girl scout cookies. I can't think of ANYTHING that would remind me of home if I was away

09 Jun 2012 19:59 #79 by UNDER MODERATION

mountaindollar wrote: Ok folks just so you know Mountain Dollar personally had over 200 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies dropped off at our store and those cookies all went to the troops as do hundereds of other items(through TSAC).

TSAC is just one way to give to the troops and if you do not want to support our efforts that is fine please do it in some other way as the men and women that protect our country deserve it.

If you hate PC and think that TSAC is to close to it then please select another outlet.

I post on both sites and help the boundcommunites in other ways but whether anyone likes it or not I support all the websites in our area some I like more than others but hey that is just me.

Please DO NOT quite supporting the troops they need it and they need to know that their country cares about them.

My Dad is a WWII vet and what I do for TSAC is in honor of his service not because I like a website.

God Bless America.

You honor him and the troops with Girl Sc out Cookies! O'cmon..Whats this thing with the cookies all the time?

I've been out in the bush and never once did I think "boy I really need some cookies from back home right about now" So guys..Get over this crazy notion that our soldiers are craving crappy childrens sugar treats..Thats not what they want

09 Jun 2012 20:03 #80 by UNDER MODERATION

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: girl scout cookies. I can't think of ANYTHING that would remind me of home if I was away

You might get all sentamental about those Wily, and thats fine, but trust me..20 year old boys don't...

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds