Seriously Pinecam? Seriously?????

09 Jun 2012 06:25 - 15 Jun 2012 07:41 #61 by TPP
Welcome to both BA, & raise the dead.
Slim Jim's are Great!
Later I'll post the list for others that want to just do the RIGHT thing, and SUPPORT our HEROES without the DRAMA.
Gotta go shooting this morning!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2012 08:24 #62 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Seriously Pinecam? Seriously?????
I hope you guys do start the group that this site originally planned. I do not want to say that TSAC is a horrible organization. I don't believe that at all. That is not fair. VL, I think your politics are getting in the way again.

09 Jun 2012 08:25 #63 by akilina
I am really glad to see this discussion, getting it out and hopefully some resolution.

My opinion, we, several of us, don't participate in TSAC because of its close association with Pinecrud. Nothing against TSAC, just not impressed with the crap at the other site.

We instead do our own thing sending packages to a friend's family and troop. Jerky is the number one asked for item and sometimes we send entire boxes of just jerky.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

09 Jun 2012 09:43 #64 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I consider CinnamonGirl to be a representative of 285bound and as such, I would direct my comments to her and the rest of the staff: If you guys EVER want to get SOME cooperation between sites or in the community; then I would suggest as a first step to stop the public bashing. it solves nothing. Step Up, be the one that shows more restraint and maturity. You may not agree, but the public bashing is sophomoric at best and destructive at worst.

09 Jun 2012 11:32 #65 by ScienceChic

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: I consider CinnamonGirl to be a representative of 285bound

Well, you shouldn't.

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: and as such, I would direct my comments to her and the rest of the staff: If you guys EVER want to get SOME cooperation between sites or in the community; then I would suggest as a first step to stop the public bashing. it solves nothing. Step Up, be the one that shows more restraint and maturity. You may not agree, but the public bashing is sophomoric at best and destructive at worst.

This thread was started by the member CinnamonGirl and is her own personal opinion. She is not a representative of this business, but she has a perfect right to state her opinion as she likes.

The only representative of this business has made their opinion perfectly clear:

Science Chic wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: Just want to clarify one more thing here. This happened quite a while ago. I am not much involved with management of this site anymore. But I was involved when this happened. At that time I still thought that the members should not be penalized for the issues between two sites. And that is partially why I suggested what I did. Personally, I would not have continued after the back and forth delays that happened. It really should have a yes or no answer but they wanted a bunch of assurances. Personally, I would have pulled out at that point because that was not what the point of what this was. However, it went through but it was with an understanding that TSAC was not part of Pinecam. The reason this is important is because if it was part of PC we had no problem wanting them over here. We just thought the members could all work together since it was not a Pinecam operation. And yes we were warned and we should not have tried. I take responsibility for that. Of course, I was well aware of the problems with some of our members and Pinecam. This is why this distinction of TSAC being part of PC was so important.

I disagree, we absolutely should have tried, and did. I have no issues whatsoever whether TSAC is a Pinecam entity or not (and they are a separate nonprofit org, btw). My goal in attempting to work with them was for the benefit of the troops, and I thought that partnering with an already established organization would be more effective than re-inventing the wheel and having our own group that would, essentially, end up competing with TSAC for precious donations from the community - which is the last thing I ever wanted. It's hard enough to get people to participate, and I know they've struggled with getting volunteers and donations, so us having a separate group potentially could harm TSAC, and therefore those they serve. I didn't want that, I wanted us to combine efforts, with our active and generous members, and their well-known name and well-oiled procedures, so that together we could do the most good for the troops.

And I still want that. If given the chance, I would make the same choice over again to reach out to them and get them posting over here too. Am I disappointed that it hasn't been more productive and interactive? Yes. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to give up. I hope that, some day, those who make things happen in TSAC will begin utilizing the resources they have here, and posting requests for volunteers on collection days, and help with packing and baking. Because there's no reason why it shouldn't happen - it's not about "who's home to TSAC", it's about helping those in need. Period.

In these pages a few have stated a desire for doing something on their own through here, by all means go for it - this is your community and if there's something that's important to you to do, don't wait on anyone else. :) I am happy to help as I can, but have to be honest that I am currently overextended in my responsibilities and can't coordinate anything myself right now.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Jun 2012 12:40 - 09 Jun 2012 13:56 #66 by BuyersAgent1
Please prepare for a series of bad cliches.

The proof is in the pudding.
It doesn't help to call the kettle Black.
They started it.

Let's forget the TSAC issue for a minute. Are fire victims being compromised by "community disputes" between this site and "the other one?" Now let's go back to the matter at hand, it's just an echo of a larger issue: What we're really seeing is why people "in the community" should be in revolving positions of authority and participation.

It's not ***** ****'s fault that they adopt their own perspectives on these issues. It is not their duty to be somebody else or sacrifice their own needs and motivations. It's the community's fault that it doesn't produce other, equally active and committed, members or choose to hold its (informal or formal) representatives accountable. (Warning, political comment ahead: this is how we end up with so many weirdos in office.)

Community members' efforts being outright thwarted was the subject of the original post, and warrants this discussion both inside and outside of these pages, imo. If the personal interest of a single individual is overriding an actual Cause, no matter what it is, that should be examined without a single blush in the face or tremor in the hands, by those without a stake in the outcome. It's only logical to assume that others are too scared to speak up themselves.

In this case, the affected recipients are war heroes, f'cryin' out loud, and I get the general impression both they and their well-meaning sponsors at TSAC are being downright victimized. Not by having the issues aired, but by other factors best resolved in the harsh light of reality -- and by those who don't need the donations. In this case, I'm having a hard time imagining anyone from TSAC calling PC to say, "We want you to put out an ad that implies we only want donations from you folks." The end result would imply, to me, that PC wished to express, "We want to put out an ad that suggests you only support us." The fact this does not serve war heroes is a totally fair issue to raise.

09 Jun 2012 13:36 #67 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Sorry Science Chic, but I don't think I am the only one confused that Cinnamon girl is not a part of the site. I am glad that I stated it the way that I did so that you could clear up any misunderstandings. I wonder why I thought she was part of the staff?

09 Jun 2012 13:38 #68 by BuyersAgent1
I agree with Ms. Fox, it is confusing. However, here again, we've no duty to pretend we are anything we're not. If we feel that a certain website, job or even relationship partner is "our baby" then the fact we feel that way is going to come through. Apt analogies would be prior corporate owners, product inventors -- and now-you-see-them-now-you-don't mods. I don't feel in any way "tricked" by anyone here, as a feeling of "association" comes through loud and clear. :wink:
In my old age, I've come to appreciate Authenticity -- maybe all that's Real is my wrinkles but at least I know they're really there...and mine. :biggrin:

09 Jun 2012 13:56 #69 by JMC
If it is posted as 285bound " whatever" it is site policy or opinion any other post is personal opinion.
I was an admin or whatever now just a poster with no privileges, same as CG.

09 Jun 2012 16:12 #70 by Sunshine Girl

BuyersAgent wrote: Please prepare for a series of bad cliches.

The proof is in the pudding.
It doesn't help to call the kettle Black.
They started it.

Let's forget the TSAC issue for a minute. Are fire victims being compromised by "community disputes" between this site and "the other one?" Now let's go back to the matter at hand, it's just an echo of a larger issue: What we're really seeing is why people "in the community" should be in revolving positions of authority and participation.

It's not ***** ****'s fault that they adopt their own perspectives on these issues. It is not their duty to be somebody else or sacrifice their own needs and motivations. It's the community's fault that it doesn't produce other, equally active and committed, members or choose to hold its (informal or formal) representatives accountable. (Warning, political comment ahead: this is how we end up with so many weirdos in office.)

Community members' efforts being outright thwarted was the subject of the original post, and warrants this discussion both inside and outside of these pages, imo. If the personal interest of a single individual is overriding an actual Cause, no matter what it is, that should be examined without a single blush in the face or tremor in the hands, by those without a stake in the outcome. It's only logical to assume that others are too scared to speak up themselves.

In this case, the affected recipients are war heroes, f'cryin' out loud, and I get the general impression both they and their well-meaning sponsors at TSAC are being downright victimized. Not by having the issues aired, but by other factors best resolved in the harsh light of reality -- and by those who don't need the donations. In this case, I'm having a hard time imagining anyone from TSAC calling PC to say, "We want you to put out an ad that implies we only want donations from you folks." The end result would imply, to me, that PC wished to express, "We want to put out an ad that suggests you only support us." The fact this does not serve war heroes is a totally fair issue to raise.

OUTSTANDING POST!

Gosh, so many pages and yet so simple to resolve if one really wants to. Freebird (I LOVE that woman!) has stated who is, and who isn't, on the board of TSAC. Ok, well then those few people should talk (we're talking just a few mins. here) and discuss the matter. They should do this not for the sake of either site, but for the sake of the people they are helping. If they decide that the ad is a true and accurate reflection of their position on the matter then post it here. If not, change the ad and state on here that it is in the process of being done. If TSAC is really separate from any board then they should reach out equally to BOTH sites and the people who want to help. Sure, it might take awhile for it to feel balanced, but that's ok. If they remain silent on addressing their position on the matter then you might have reason to believe they are not overly interested, OR IN NEED of, any additional support. By the way, I would find that difficult to believe.

Or, you can always forget about them and do your own thing. :woo hoo:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds