Seriously Pinecam? Seriously?????

07 Jun 2012 23:25 #11 by Sunshine Girl
I think Pinecam and ***** have both made it crystal clear that they are not going to acknowledge the presence of 285 Bound which is pretty silly. You're right, the troops are the one's who really suffer. If you care so much about the troops then put you petty feelings aside and help the people who really need it. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Why some people are this way I will never understand. I'm sorry your time was wasted and who needs them and their junior high antics!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2012 06:13 #12 by TPP
IMHO, I think this should be in a different thread, but since it isn't.
Also IMHO, I've been saying for years that SOMEBODY has to be the at the center of everything, IMO, to serve that SOMEBODIE'S HUGE EGO. Saw it first at Bailey Days, than at pc site it's self, than at Emily's Parade, on & on & on Now this.
How dare you destory a good and honorable thing for you're own self endulgences. I'll say it now, as I have in the past, Please STOP you're influance on what makes you feel good about yourself, IT's NOT ALL ABOUT YOU, We all know that red peters, haystack, manna pro (whatever he decides to call himself today) is what he is, the village fool if you will HARMLESS, SOMEBODY does & says things that HATE & DESTORY!
After hearing what a disgrace the packages were that were being set, That SOMEBODY is the reason that my wiffie & I will not deal with TSAC at all, we just do it ourselves and I suggest that others do the same.

If you'd like a suggested list of items, give me an e-mail, and I'll gladly send ya one.

08 Jun 2012 06:25 #13 by 2wlady
Look, I volunteer occasionally for TSAC things, even make cards to send to the troops. My understanding is that pinecam.com set up a separate place for TSAC. TSAC announced events through pinecam and pinecam didn't charge them for advertising.

I was once on the TSAC board. I have my own issues with that. But, I always thought the packages were great; plenty of stuff that the troops could use. And I've made neck chillers several times.

I guess I don't really know what "the beef" is. First, I hear it's pinecam, then TSAC, then both of them. But these issues never seem to be 285bound's fault. I, frankly, have never known an organization that was perfect.

08 Jun 2012 06:25 #14 by cydl
Consider the source. Take some deep breaths through your nose...hold...now exhale through your mouth....hold...repeat that several times.

08 Jun 2012 07:42 #15 by CC
I am quite sure I will catch crap for this but I am gonna say it anyway.

I TOLD YOU SO.

The great thing about stepping away is that you gain a clearer perspective of the issues that sent you packing to begin with.

Weren't you warned to begin with?
Didn't the discussions with your members here tell you anything at all?

285bound had a perfectly wonderful organization that did want to partner with them. The Conifer VFW Women's Auxiliary would have loved to utilize the good people here. What happened to that?

Take some responsibility for 285bound's role.

Many of your members made it clear that they did not want or need any partnership with TSAC.
It was suggested that this site stand on it's own with troop support.
I don't see that happening here at all.

If you want to increase your membership......provide a better product.
I don't call my competitors and asked to partner with them.
Why do you guys do it?

It has always been clear to any moron that TSAC is a Pinecam organization. Down to their email address.
Geeez. Why is anyone surprised?
They do an honorable thing by supporting the troops.
If you really want to best them.......do a better job of supporting the troops

Just calling a spade a spade.

08 Jun 2012 07:58 #16 by mountaindollar
Guess I am a moran Becky as I do not believe TSAC is PC it was in the beginning but the day they became a non-profit that ended.

I have to get my store moved this is my number one priority but if this issue has not been resolved when I am done with that I will look into it.

I am not here to argue anything but will get clarification.

08 Jun 2012 08:23 #17 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Seriously Pinecam? Seriously?????
I take total responsibility for 285bound.com's role. I alone suggested that the owner approach TSAC. I really didn't know if they would join and as stated earlier after they said they were maybe interested it became a long drawn out negotiation on if they could do this that or whatever. Finally after something like two weeks of them not being sure if they could or wanted to do this, I wanted to take back the offer. It was just too ridiculous. And yes we were warned. However, we did decide to go through with it and it did mess up what we were already doing because of the problems members had and frankly this site was not given much of an opportunity to help. Working together never did happen. Most posts were after they already did something. You have to remember several of the people that wanted to do start something here were banned at PC. And could not post anything about TSAC over there. And don't frequent the site.

I am very sorry I brought it up in the first place and I take responsibility for that. So, after all the back and forth and ups and downs we asked. "is the problem that TSAC is a pinecam entity? and we were told no more than once. My understanding is that it was one person on their board, namely ***** **** that was not going to allow it. I WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for the statement that PC IS THE home of TSAC and should have been told to us right off and if they had told us that we would have our own organization right now.

Pinecam you now have to deal with me and you better come over HERE not on PC, and explain it. You want fault, I take it for asking them. This passive aggressive saint act that PC management has going is not going to work anymore this one has me seeing red. They most obviously were messing with our members OR they are using TSAC for their own benefit. But this site deserves an explanation. And just like all the things they could have done from day one on their own site, like open up their links or stop banning good decent members of this community. IT took years for them to finally do something. They had to be needled by members on this site because their own members are not allowed to talk to them about it. I expect to wait years and sorry I don't think TSAC needs to explain it, I believe Pinecam needs to get some integrity and do it themselves.

I have no problem NOT working with them, we have tried before and were never even given a reply. But I want the truth now.

08 Jun 2012 08:38 #18 by CC
I just don't see the problem here.

It is what it is. If you want to support the troops and you don't want anyone involved that you believe lied to you.....start your own group.
Put a collection center up at local businesses and do a better job.

Still waiting on some answers from my original post.

08 Jun 2012 08:51 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Seriously Pinecam? Seriously?????
Becky, why do you think I am so mad right now. This whole thing messed up what we were doing and it was partially my responsibility for suggesting this. Into the negotiation the offer should have been pulled and that was the reason for the question about what TSAC is. They messed up our members by telling us TSAC was not a PC organization and we kept up with the ridiculousness and jumped through some of those hoops to make it happen. And it should not have happened. So to say this in an ad makes me realize we were being played with. I know some don't understand why this is a big deal but it is. This was such a mess just asking and jumping through the Pinecam hoops and it was done on our part out of good will.

This was my fault and by suggesting all this I let Pinecam play with our members hearts and that is not something I am willing to say nothing about. Some of the people on this site have been through enough. My suggestion cost them a chance at doing their own thing here because I let someone, (i guess you will have to tell me who it was) play with these people's hearts, time, money, etc.

285bound.com's members. I am truly sorry.

Edited to add---- And I think PC owes you a huge apology as well.

08 Jun 2012 09:15 #20 by CC
How exactly did they mess up your members?

The only folks who were duped here was the management of this site.

Pinecam owes me NOTHING

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds