A REAL Farmer's Market starts JUNE 1ST

29 May 2014 19:30 #11 by ScienceChic
Ohhh, oyster mushrooms... :droolpuddle: !

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2014 10:25 #12 by ScienceChic
The Market is hopping!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Jun 2014 11:36 #13 by cydl
Just got back from the market! Got some worms to expand my worm farm, a beautiful cucumber plant, some home made jalapeno jelly (almost lunch time - can't wait!) and some carrot/ginger soap that I just couldn't pass up - it smelled so good!

I'm really glad to see this happening - and on a weekend when I can go!

Thanks to all the vendors. Now the rest of you...get out there and support our local folks!

01 Jun 2014 12:01 #14 by JMC
I was very happy to see the many people supporting this. I got and mushrooms, eggs(duck and chicken), fingerling potatoes and some beautiful spinach.
the prices were reasonable.
They had lots of other Colorado products. I hope we support this new business.

01 Jun 2014 12:25 #15 by Blazer Bob

fly off the handle wrote: I was very happy to see the many people supporting this. I got and mushrooms, eggs(duck and chicken), fingerling potatoes and some beautiful spinach.
the prices were reasonable.
They had lots of other Colorado products. I hope we support this new business.

Fingerlings, spinach and hot peppers for us. Interesting rock art at the pepper stand.

01 Jun 2014 15:11 #16 by pacamom
I was glad to see the mushrooms were the same price they sell them for down the hill.

There really was a nice selection of market items. Can't wait till I can give up my weekly Boulder market visits.

01 Jun 2014 17:23 #17 by mountaindollar
We got some roasted peppers today hubby just happened to stop by and did not know what we needed.

02 Jun 2014 08:17 #18 by BarefootHomestead
Thank you to everyone that came out to support the market! We will be back next week with more eggs, produce, consumables and some handcrafted goods!

Shantel
:)

06 Jun 2014 09:32 #19 by BarefootHomestead
Check out my body scrubs and butters when you stop by for produce this weekend.

I am picking up Local Asparagus, Local Radishes, Local Mixed and Oyster Mushrooms, and Local Honey! We will also have Garlic, Lemons, Blood Oranges, Fiddleheads, and FIDDLEHEADS!! Those Items are not CO, but still US and organic.

We will have juices ON ICE this week! Lemonade, Apple, Bernie Palmers, and Pear Apple.

06 Jun 2014 11:51 #20 by JMC
Fiddleheads are delicious sauted in butter with a little lemon, I par boil or microwave for a few minutes before crisping them on the stove.
what a great treat.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds