A REAL Farmer's Market starts JUNE 1ST

27 May 2014 08:02 #1 by homeagain
THIS Sunday June 1ST and every Sunday thereafter till fall.....10AM-300PM two of our local
farms/producers will be at the parking lot of Derrick Thai, Cruz Inn in Park County....LOCAL
ORGANIC, NON-GMO eggs,produce,farmer's fare....NO crafts.

Location is just past the light at Pine Jct. heading towards Bailey (for those who are UNfamiliar
with Parkco.)

Come out and SUPPORT our locals and provide your family with HEALTHY and hearty food
produced at "our" hood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2014 08:16 #2 by Blazer Bob
Thanks for the info. Now, PLEASE don't tell anyone else. I do not want them to be sold out before we get there.

27 May 2014 08:42 #3 by MyMountainTown
Correct, homeagain, thank you for posting about it! We are proud sponsors of the Market!

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

27 May 2014 10:14 #4 by pacamom
What kind of produce will be there and where does it come from?
Where does the beef come from?

Thanks

27 May 2014 10:46 #5 by ScienceChic
From the Pine Junction Farmers Market Facebook Page :

I am pleased to announce that Barefoot Homestead will be managing the sales of grass-fed local beef from Fiona’s Funny Farm in Indian Hills! The cows are raised in Conifer and processed locally in Fort Collins. The beef is soooooo good!

Hermit's Wriggly Squiggly Worms will be available at the farmer's market along with high altitude adapted veggie starts! Vermicompost is your gardens best ally! Be sure to pick up a box of them June 1st!

Barefoot Homestead and Pine Mountain Homestead, two local farms, from Indian Hills and Pine, who are supplying the food, along with other vendors they are bringing in. Feel free to give them a shout with your questions, they are very excited about starting this!
https://www.facebook.com/thepinemountainhomestead
https://www.facebook.com/BarefootHomestead

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 May 2014 11:06 #6 by pacamom
Thanks for the info. I'm friends with Barefoot Homestead on FB, but not the other one. I will just give herl a call. I would like to get my worm box started again.

27 May 2014 14:23 #7 by JMC
I've been buying eggs from Barefoot for about a year now. They have the best eggs, chicken and duck ,that I've found.
I'll be there.

27 May 2014 19:04 #8 by Mtn Gramma
This sounds wonderful! Especially the part about no craftsy stuff. You're right, homeagain, it sounds like a REAL farmer's market. Thanks for the post!

29 May 2014 10:27 - 30 May 2014 08:07 #9 by BarefootHomestead
Hello everyone!!

I am Shantel from Barefoot Homestead. We are very excited to have the market. I am contacting farms in the area and it looks like we will be working with Leffler Farms and Growers Organic from down the hill for organic produce. Ela Farms will be providing us with organic fruit later in the season when harvest for apples, pears, and peaches rolls around. Due to the rough start with the last few storms, there will be a slow start for local produce, but that is normal. We will have produce from Growers Organic this weekend and ALL of it will be from CO farms.

I will be there with eggs, goat milk herd shares, beef from Fiona’s Funny Farm, AND my own handmade all-natural skin care products. Some of you may have seen me out last year with a few. This year they are better than ever! I have improved my recipes, increased the choices and products and upped the quality of my ingredients through some amazing wholesalers that we have found. In a few weeks I will also have a new type of laundry detergent this year! NO more mixing it into the giant bucket of water!

Michelle from Pine Mountain Homestead will have plant starts, goat cheese, goat milk shares, goat milk products, eggs, produce, and more.

There will be a couple of vendors with some awesome handmade goods that are usable in everyday life! Not junky crafts stuff that sit around and collect dust. We are being very selective about vendors so this does not happen. There is a local henna artist lined up as well. She actually makes her own henna! I have never seen anyone do that before. Amazing, I know I will be getting some fun temp ink for the summer! We also will have a local soap maker. She uses the finest quality ingredients and has amazing soaps, bars and liquid castile. I even use her soap in my laundry detergent instead of store bought, know what is in it right? She also will have eggs and produce! We should have local raw honey also, YUM!!!

We will also be hosting kiddos from the area with things they have made, fundraisers they are selling for, and goods from farms they work for. Michelle and I firmly believe it is important for youth to be involved in the community, have an outlet, and just plain be a part of things.

I hope we will see you out there!

29 May 2014 18:50 #10 by BarefootHomestead
I was able to set up LOCAL COLORADO produce and we have decided not to get anything from out of state. This weekend we will have tomatoes, shitake mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, herbs, juice, arugula, and mixed salad greens. We will also have wheatgrass for the pets!

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds