A REAL Farmer's Market starts JUNE 1ST

26 Aug 2014 09:17 #71 by homeagain

BarefootHomestead wrote:

homeagain wrote: THANKS for the update/additional info....hope NEXT year is a "go" for a similar location (other than
Conifer/Evergreen)

Due to the “end of market drama,” we do not plan on using the same location next year. It sounds as though they are planning to continue there with mostly non-farm type items and jam.

The small farmers that continued after the original manager bailed, live in Conifer and as far down as Indian Hills. We are going to be talking to the community leaders about setting up a market in Conifer. I think most of us just want to stick closer to home and far away from the drama.

I hope that Jack will join us, however he told me he was making way more sales on Saturdays set up by himself. No doubt, he had very nice looking produce. I wanted some corn when he came to our market and he had sold out before I had time to leave my produce booth. I would love for Jack to be part of the season next year.

THANK YOU for taking the time to explain the issue....I like dealing with FACTS rather than rumor or innuendo and it seems that being upfront with information is a rather UNPOPULAR method of communicating.

I am TRULY sorry this endeavor became "messy' as it was wonderful to have LOCALS as vendors and it appeared to be a "win win" for everyone. JMO
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic, BarefootHomestead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Aug 2014 10:05 #72 by BarefootHomestead

homeagain wrote:

BarefootHomestead wrote:

homeagain wrote: THANKS for the update/additional info....hope NEXT year is a "go" for a similar location (other than
Conifer/Evergreen)

Due to the “end of market drama,” we do not plan on using the same location next year. It sounds as though they are planning to continue there with mostly non-farm type items and jam.

The small farmers that continued after the original manager bailed, live in Conifer and as far down as Indian Hills. We are going to be talking to the community leaders about setting up a market in Conifer. I think most of us just want to stick closer to home and far away from the drama.

I hope that Jack will join us, however he told me he was making way more sales on Saturdays set up by himself. No doubt, he had very nice looking produce. I wanted some corn when he came to our market and he had sold out before I had time to leave my produce booth. I would love for Jack to be part of the season next year.

THANK YOU for taking the time to explain the issue....I like dealing with FACTS rather than rumor or innuendo and it seems that being upfront with information is a rather UNPOPULAR method of communicating.

I am TRULY sorry this endeavor became "messy' as it was wonderful to have LOCALS as vendors and it appeared to be a "win win" for everyone. JMO

You are welcome. I like to call things for what they are. Sometimes you have to muddle on through if you want to make it to the end. That is basically what we did to keep any market at all.

We had many vendors run out of product and a few get ill, and a few with personal commitments certain Sundays. That resulted in smaller markets for a few weeks. Once the market gets smaller and school opening gets closer, traffic dies down. That is just how it goes.

I can always be found at A Borgata’s festivals, along with a few other vendors that were there this summer. We attended this last one and had a great time and wonderful sales. I was able to focus on my skin products and homemade farm goods. It was a nice change of pace being “just a vendor,” after doing the farmer’s market. Beautiful handmade pieces and items from a wonderful array of local CO folks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

28 Aug 2014 09:16 #73 by pacamom

BlazerBob wrote:

Norm wrote: I hope Jack will still be there - he's a real nice guy and has some good stuff.

He was there at the old park and ride this last Saturday. I did not ask specifically

but it sure sounded like he would continue to be there on Saturdays.

I scored some good stuff.

Jack called me this morning and told me he wasn't coming back. Sales were declining every weekend and he wasn't making enough to cover room and gas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

28 Aug 2014 09:28 #74 by ScienceChic
Yes, he just let us know as well. I'm sad to hear that he won't be back, as I'd heard raves about the quality of his produce and we're gearing up to can tomato products, pickles, and cabbage this weekend so I was going to be buying cases from him. :(

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds