A REAL Farmer's Market starts JUNE 1ST

14 Jul 2014 13:17 #41 by RenegadeCJ
Looking for Dill for pickling. Does this farmers market carry it? If not, any idea where I could get some?

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2014 17:34 #42 by pacamom
They had some dill a few weeks back. You could try Southwest Plaza or Highlands Ranch Town Center on Saturday or Boulder on Wed evenings or Saturday.

Or maybe Barefoot Homestead will see this and bring some up.

18 Jul 2014 20:33 #43 by BarefootHomestead
Hello everyone!!!!

Barefoot Homestead will be bringing more beautiful produce this weekend!

LOCAL CO:
Red Spring Onions form White Mountain Farm
Mushroom Mix from Hazel Dell Farm
Zucchini & Yellow Squash from Full Circle Farm
San Marzano Italian (canning/sauce) Tomatoes from Circle Fresh
Grass-Fed Ground Beef (Conifer raised) form Fiona’s Funny Farm
Big B’s Juices from Hotchkiss

CA:
Strawberries from Santa Cruz Farm
Salad Mix from The Salad Farm
Red Seedless Grapes from Anthony Vineyards
Red Pear (cherry) Tomatoes from Coke Farm
Fresh Green Beans from Coke Farm
Green Bell Peppers from Coke Farm
Red Plums from Sweet Harvest
Super Colossal Garlic from Devine
Yellow Onions from Devine
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

25 Jul 2014 14:06 #44 by HappyCamper

pacamom wrote: I visited with someone today, whose garden is just not growing at all. Her spinach which she planted towards the end of May is just a few inches tall and is flowering already.
Mine is not growing either. But that would be due to small creatures.

Maybe Pine Mtn homestead will have spinach this week.

So after being disgusted with my spinach I pulled it out and planted new with seeds I got from Gurney last year (found them in the drawer) they were popping up after 3 days and are now growing like crazy so I will stick with what works since the growing season is so short here.

26 Jul 2014 16:01 - 26 Jul 2014 16:02 #45 by BarefootHomestead
Tomorrow is the market!! We have great produce, amazing local products, and NEW VENDORS!!!

I would like to welcome Jonann to the market! She sells pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough and will be out there with fresh baked cookies!

I also want to welcome Juliana and Tracee. They will have sewn items and baked goods!

We also have Julia with Smashed Hard Jelly back again!

26 Jul 2014 16:40 #46 by BarefootHomestead
Produce will be brought in by Barefoot Homestead as always.

San Marzano Tomatoes
Sungold Tomatoes
Young Carrots w/ Tops
Strawberries
PALISADE PEACHES
Fingerling Potatoes
Broccoli
Sweet White NON_GMO Corn
Spring Salad Mix
Grass Fed LOCAL CONIFER Ground Beef
Long Green Beans

27 Jul 2014 11:22 #47 by JMC
Fantastic corn, green beens with dinner, check this out if you haven't tried this farmers market yet.

31 Jul 2014 13:46 - 02 Aug 2014 16:01 #48 by 285Tourism
Great news! We landed a great farmer from the Western Slope to supply us with lots of Colorado grown fruit and vegetables. Please support his effort along with the local growers at the farmer's market in Pine Junction on weekends - he'll be at the Pine Junction old RTD Lot on Saturdays and at the Pine Junction Farmers Market in front of Derrick Thai on Sundays. For details see the flyer below.

Attachments:

02 Aug 2014 16:07 #49 by ScienceChic
Just talked to a friend of mine who stopped by to pick up some sweet corn and in her words, "he's killing it"! He's almost out of stuff for tomorrow already and says he'll bring more next week so he doesn't run out. Thank you to everyone who stopped by to see him and get produce so it was worth his while to come all the way over!

Yea! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Aug 2014 17:33 #50 by swansei
So that is what I saw today on 285 near Pine Junction. Didn't have time to stop but will make a point next week. Thanks!

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds