What's Your Favorite Quote?

03 Dec 2014 11:54 #31 by ScienceChic

HEARTLESS wrote: You Can't Fix Stupid from Ron White

One of his best monologues ever!

One I discovered recently and absolutely love.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2014 12:14 #32 by HEARTLESS
Did I just get a subtle hint SC?
If so, gee thanks mom, otherwise just ignore me (like most do). :biggrin:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

03 Dec 2014 12:17 #33 by ScienceChic
Nope, no ulterior motive other than wanting to share that awesome quote with everyone! :)

Guilty conscience there HEARTLESS...? :P

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Dec 2014 12:23 - 03 Dec 2014 12:24 #34 by HEARTLESS

ScienceChic wrote: Nope, no ulterior motive other than wanting to share that awesome quote with everyone! :)

Guilty conscience there HEARTLESS...? :P

Don't try feminine wiles or ScienceChic mind control on me, I'm far too dumb. :blush:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

13 Dec 2014 08:52 #35 by ScienceChic

Attachments:

13 Dec 2014 10:26 #36 by HappyCamper

13 Dec 2014 11:55 #37 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic What's Your Favorite Quote?
Can't remember who said it originally, but the comic strip, "The Born Loser", kind of took it and ran with it. Picture Mrs. talking to a friend at the end of the couch on which The Born Loser was taking a nap. She says to her friend:

"He kept learning more and more about less and less until he finally knew everything about nothing."

14 Dec 2014 10:26 #38 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic What's Your Favorite Quote?
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.

15 Dec 2014 15:24 #39 by ScienceChic
In everything truth surpasses the imitation and copy. ~Marcus Tullius Cicero

Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those who we cannot resemble. ~Samuel Johnson

No man was ever great by imitation. ~Samuel Johnson

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

In this world, one thing you should definitely strive for is originality. Just be who you are, and be your own person. That's what will make you stand out. ~Nolan Gould

Quality in a product or service is not what the supplier puts in. It is what the customer gets out and is willing to pay for. A product is not quality because it is hard to make and costs a lot of money, as manufacturers typically believe. This is incompetence. Customers pay only for what is of use to them and gives them value. Nothing else constitutes quality. ~Peter F. Drucker

15 Dec 2014 18:23 - 15 Dec 2014 18:30 #40 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic What's Your Favorite Quote?
".....hold my beer and watch this..." - Otis

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds