What's Your Favorite Quote?

20 May 2015 09:38 #71 by CapKazoo
I don't remember any of the profound quotes I've heard/read during my life and I suppose I could go search for one and post it but "Life is short, eat better pizza" will stay in my head forever. :???

Never underestimate the power of a hissy fit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 May 2015 13:32 #72 by PeakAcademyofDance
When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way.
Wayne Dyer

Offering a wide range of dynamic classes to the Front Range Mountain Community and Beyond.
www.peakdance.com/
26437 Conifer Rd, Conifer CO 80433
Phone: 303.838.5556
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Like us on Facebook!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

08 Jun 2015 22:12 #73 by ScienceChic
It means that one must never sacrifice one's convictions to the opinions or wishes of others (which is the virtue of Integrity)

that one must never attempt to fake reality in any manner (which is the virtue of Honesty)

that one must never seek or grant the unearned and undeserved, neither in matter nor in spirit (which is the virtue of Justice).

It means that one must never desire effects without causes,

and that one must never enact a cause without assuming full responsibility for its effects

that one must never act like a zombie, i.e. without knowing one's own purposes and motives

that one must never make any decisions, form any convictions or seek any values out of context, i.e. apart from or against the total, integrated sum of one's knowledge

and, above all, that one must never seek to get away with contradictions.
~Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness

Via Neverisms: A Quotation Lover's Guide to Things You Should Never Do, Never Say, or Never Forget , by Mardy Grothe
"In a discussion of "Objectivist Ethics" in The Virtue of Selfishness (1964), Ayn Rand asserted that mankind's basic virtue was rationality. By contrast, she argued that man's basic vice - and the source of all evil - is irrationality, a rejection of reason. Irrationality is not ignorance, which is simply not knowing, or blindness, which is not seeing. Irrationality is something far more pernicious she maintained, and far more dangerous. It is "a refusal to see" and "a refusal to know."

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Aug 2015 21:19 #74 by ScienceChic
"Keep your enemies close, but your alcohol closer."
~ScienceChic

Made this one up myself tonight after a friend posted that they'd be "happy to keep an eye on anyone's beer" whose power was out and were in need of refrigeration space. :coolwink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Aug 2015 21:27 #75 by otisptoadwater
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning."

Unknown to me but often repeated.

:cheersbeer:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

18 Aug 2015 08:54 #76 by ScienceChic

Attachments:

18 Aug 2015 09:46 #77 by Morningstar1954
DON'T START NOTHIN..IT WON'T BE NOTHIN!

19 Aug 2015 15:14 #78 by janimccarty
Be mindful of the words you use ~ with others of course, yet most powerful are those you speak to yourself ~ when no one else can hear...

www.facebook.com/mentorschannel?fref=photo
www.facebook.com/mentorschannel/photos/a...7621/?type=1&theater
Attachments:

23 Aug 2015 18:20 - 23 Aug 2015 18:23 #79 by ScienceChic
It is a great mystery that though the human heart longs for Truth, in which alone it finds liberation and delight, the first reaction of human beings to Truth is one of hostility and fear!
Anthony de Mello

lovelaughalways.wordpress.com/2012/05/14...ility-for-your-life/

Attachments:

21 Sep 2015 18:23 #80 by ScienceChic
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."
~Viktor E. Frankl

This one I had to add to my sig because I am still thinking about it almost a week after I discovered it. When I was younger I needed someone to speak out for me, to believe in me, to stick up for me when I didn't have the courage to do so myself. Definitely I would like to be more fiercely protective of my friends and family now and stop letting people get away with bullsh** just for the sake of being politically correct and not rocking the boat publicly. I will not apologize for speaking the truth bluntly, honestly, and forthrightly; if the truth hurts, it's because of fear and fear should never be an excuse to stop trying to get better. Though, at the same time, I need to learn to let things go that are in the past and don't affect me anymore. It's a fun balance to find, I look forward to the growth and introspection!

From Intellectual Takeout

"The women whom I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because sh** worked out. They got that way because sh** went wrong, and they handled it. They handled it in a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it.

Those women are my superheroes."
~Elizabeth Gilbert
www.elizabethgilbert.com/wisdom-age-wome...ed-me-why-i-had-ded/

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds