What's Your Favorite Quote?

18 Dec 2014 08:30 #41 by homeagain
Going to war over religion is killing people to see who has the best imaginary friend....UNKNOWN
author,but probably the MOST perfect quote ever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2014 10:13 #42 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic What's Your Favorite Quote?
"Be naughty - save Santa a trip" - quote attributed to everyone who's ever thought about being naughty.

18 Dec 2014 10:15 #43 by Nobody that matters
“Unless we have something worth dying for... we've nothing worth living for.”
― Francine Rivers, A Voice in the Wind

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

18 Dec 2014 10:20 #44 by Nobody that matters
Or put another way:

"If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

21 Dec 2014 18:07 #45 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

21 Dec 2014 18:28 #46 by otisptoadwater
"I could get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."

Chris Farley in the movie Tommy Boy

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

23 Dec 2014 10:11 #47 by Blazer Bob
Not my favorite but clever. Now if someone would xlate it into ye old english......

"If reading and writing were education, then brick and stone would be architecture."

23 Dec 2014 11:27 #48 by homeagain

BlazerBob wrote: Not my favorite but clever. Now if someone would xlate it into ye old english......

"If reading and writing were education, then brick and stone would be architecture."

TEACHING one to think for themselves and to be inquisitive is education....while FORM,function and design are architecture.

26 Dec 2014 17:41 #49 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

26 Dec 2014 18:12 #50 by HEARTLESS

ScienceChic wrote:

From The Optimism Revolution

Yet know that if you start it with HEARTLESS, he will leave it in tatters. :whistle:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds