What's Your Favorite Quote?

04 Mar 2015 21:53 #61 by otisptoadwater
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself."

Benjamin Franklin

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2015 08:10 #62 by HouseCallHearing
Success is not how high you climb...it is how high you bounce after you hit bottom! George Patton
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

23 Mar 2015 01:41 #63 by ScienceChic
"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."
~Audrey Hepburn

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Mar 2015 11:50 #64 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic What's Your Favorite Quote?
"Let’s honor him by calling this bill “The Harry Reid Term Limits Rule.” In honor of Harry, from this day forward all politicians should be limited to two terms. One term in office. And one term in prison." - Wayne Allyn Root

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

04 Apr 2015 16:18 #65 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

05 Apr 2015 17:44 #66 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic What's Your Favorite Quote?
You can be so open-minded that your brains fall out. (somebody said it)

10 Apr 2015 18:43 #67 by ScienceChic
The guy who puts the messages up on the Community Sign in Indian Hills has quite the sense of humor. This one is my new favorite! :biggrin:

www.facebook.com/IndianHillsCommunitySign

Attachments:

06 May 2015 23:25 #68 by ScienceChic
"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." -- Benjamin Franklin

17 May 2015 16:47 - 17 May 2015 16:48 #69 by ScienceChic

Attachments:

17 May 2015 19:32 #70 by otisptoadwater
Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do.

Oft repeated quip from my Grandfather

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds