Hwy 285 Road Conditions

03 Feb 2024 05:39 #391 by MountainTownAlerts
285 Traveler Group

From Stephanie J 4:30am:
2:15 am Pine Junction to DIA. Through security before 4:15 including dropping car at The Parking Spot.

Icy from Pine Junction to Elk Creek then clears a little by Kings Valley. Slushy and slippery approaching Richmond Hill and lane recognition disappears. It’s very slippery. Snow started tapering off through Aspen Park but heavy fog approaching Windy Point until about Sourdough.

Canyon was above freezing and wet. Decent rain started near Morrison and continued through Wheat Ridge. Roads were dry past 225. Speeds were between 30 and 45 mph until after highway 8 in Morrison.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Feb 2024 07:42 #392 by MountainTownAlerts
Clif B 6:30am
Good morning, this is like a spring storm but not near the snow predicted. Shelton and 43 are snowpacked, 285 is snowpacked and slushy until the magic park county line then just wet until the top of Richmond Hill then back to slush. 73 is snowpacked and a little slick just take er easy and no dents, have a Fantastic Saturday, oh yea the roundabout in Marshdale is slicker than snot be careful

Nikki K 6:30am
Someone’s off in a ditch right off 73 on one of the side streets near Flying J so take care turning off the main roads. 73 is plowed but slippery/slushy heading from 285 towards 70. 285 was clear but with slushy spots starting so don’t let it fool you into going too fast cause the slick spots sneak up. The bigger snow event is through today to late tonight. Safe travels y’all!

03 Feb 2024 07:57 #393 by MountainTownAlerts
Daniele G 7:45am
285 south of Fairplay. We got a few inches of snow but now it is windy. So on top of the snow packed icy roads its starting to blow and drift

Brittany B 6:30am
Kings Valley to airport. Richmond hill slushy. Windy point wet. A little slush at the start of the canyon- wet the rest of the way.

Traumarn J 6:30am
Just went through (Kenosha Pass). It should be closed shortly. Zero visibility through Jefferson area

03 Feb 2024 08:51 #394 by MountainTownAlerts

04 Feb 2024 07:31 #395 by MountainTownAlerts
285 Traveler FB Group February 4th posts
Steve F 7:15am
Not this morning but I drove [CR 73] around 8 last night and it was slick but not awful if you take you time and have decent tires and vehicle.

Kassie G 5:30am
Just went conifer to Littleton. 285 is plowed and snowpacked, poor lane recognition.

Karen E 3:30am
2:15am - Pine Junction to Conifer

Roads mostly snow packed, with a nice little layer of ice underneath. It is slick at Kings Valley. I didn't have any issues, but I also left early to allow myself extra time.

Have a great day!

04 Feb 2024 07:54 #396 by MountainTownAlerts
Clif B 7:45am
Good morning everyone, well the closer ya get to town the more snow you get. Shelton and 43 are snowpacked with a pretty thin layer of snow and ice. 285 is pretty much wagon tracks to conifer. 73 is snowpacked hard looks like a well groomed ski run with a bit of sand, the only place I slide a bit was by the fire dept in Evergreen. 5 degrees here but it sure is Purdy.

09 Feb 2024 08:28 #397 by MountainTownAlerts
From Jess I. 7:30am
I think Cliff beat the snow this morning, so for anyone wondering…

As of 7ish, 43 is dry until the south end of the valley, roads a bit snow packed once you get closer to 285. 285 is covered with a layer of snow, minimal lane recognition, from Bailey to kings valley or so, mostly just wet from there on out. Slower speeds are appropriate, but no significant icy spots of note. Seems likely the afternoon commute is going to be less than fun.

Sorry I’m not funny like Cliff, but hopefully this is helpful to someone! Happy Friday!

10 Feb 2024 06:47 #398 by MountainTownAlerts
From Laura A. 5:45am in the 285 Traveler Group:
0400 - PJ to DIA: 285 zero lane recognition. Saw plows heading SB. Heavy snow 470 and 70 until approx Wheat Ridge. Wet and lighter snow from wheat ridge to DIA.

10 Feb 2024 08:12 #399 by MountainTownAlerts
Sarah T @ 8:00am
7:00 am Just drove Kings Valley to downtown, 285 to 470 to 6. 285 was mostly clear with good lane recognition and just a few icy spots. 470 and 6 are mostly wet. Scariest things are the people driving 60 / 30. Only took an extra 5 minutes to get downtown.

19 Feb 2024 07:13 #400 by MountainTownAlerts
285 Traveler Group, Clif B 7:11am
Good morning travelers happy windy Monday uggg roads are not to bad Shelton and 43 partially snowpacked and the wind is blowing snow across causing slight drifting, 285 is mostly dry until.... kings valley then it got that thin layer of snow and ice. 73 is snowpacked until just past Marshdale then partially packed on into the land of my endless labor. Happy Monday

Shane C 6am
Blowing snow from Kenosha to FairPlay but the roads aren’t bad as of 4 AM

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds