Hwy 285 Road Conditions

26 Apr 2023 07:42 #371 by MountainTownAlerts
As reported in the 285 Traveler Group on Facebook:
Lia A 2hrs ago
*Wednesday Morning 0340*

(No Lane differentiation from Pine Junction until the canyon)
Left Pine Junction around 0340. Snowing hard, Northbound slushy, progressed to frozen slushy roads on Richmond. 350 passed a semi in the left lane with a cop Northbound before the overpass on Richmond. Roads improved after the Foxton exit (plows headed down Foxton and up Kennedy towards Conifer Mountain). Three plows headed Southbound at Windy Point. Roads mostly wet and slushy by the park n ride before South Turkey Creek turn off. Much better lane differentiation. Progressed to rain halfway through the canyon. Roads completely clear coming out of the canyon. Watch out for puddles/hydroplaning. Took about 30 minutes from Pine Junction to 470. Have a safe drive if you have to go out today!

Clif B 2hrs ago:
Good morning travelers, We in Bailey truly do live in a banana belt, Shelton and 43 are just starting to get snow covered 285 is just wet until Pine junction then the fun is over roads are slushy and snowpacked the rest of the way in, there was a Semi at the top of Richmond Hill in the left lane all catywampus watch out for him / her, sheriff was on scene give them an ear full I'm sure, 73 is pretty messy south of Blue Creek then gets a bit better Plows are working it. This is as of 4 am have a great day

Katie S 1hr ago:
73 from Marshdale to evergreen is plowed, S curves sanded. Just wet. No trouble with AWD and snow tires. 74 is plowed and wet all the way to 70. Went normal speeds without any issue.

Kristy A 1hr ago:
I left the Ranchos at 5 and the roads seemed to be just wet in Bailey all the way to Pine. Then the roads are snow packed, slushy, no lane recognition. I exited at 73. Conifer got a lot more snow than we did. I did see 3 plows heading southbound by Dutch Bros. Safe travels!

Joe O 1hr ago:
Aspen park to 470 was slick and snow packed. Got behind a plow which helped but definitely a slow drive otherwise. Once you get through the canyon there’s no snow at all

Ashley C 39m ago
My husband drove from Indian Hills to Denver at 5:30am, he said that the roads are just wet going down the canyon and no snow in town.

Windy Point view from Simone Stewart:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2023 16:23 #372 by MountainTownAlerts
Martin C 2hr ago
Bailey to Conifer and back, 1 to 2 PM today. 285 is all clear, no problems, sunny, and temps are about 40°F so what snow is left is melting.

11 May 2023 08:30 #373 by MountainTownAlerts

14 May 2023 06:52 #374 by MountainTownAlerts
Clif B 5:57am
Good Sunday morning all, I owe I owe so off to work I go, roads are just wet this morning, your gonna hit some light fog and mist north of Richmond Hill.On 73 theres a monster pothole coming to life just before the flying J entrance if your headed north. Happy Moms day to all you moms

28 Oct 2023 07:28 - 28 Oct 2023 07:43 #375 by MountainTownAlerts
From Clif B. In 285 Traveler Group 7:25am:
Good morning travelers, first road report of the season,Shelton and 43 are snowpacked and slushy in spots 285 is just wet but very foggy from around Roland to kings valley 73 is snowpacked most of the way into Evergreen so dust off the winter driving skills and don't meet by accident. Oh and one other thing if you have those super bright head lights please remember to dim them bad boys.

Kevin B 7:10am
43 is wet. getting on 285 to Pine is foggy, low visibility. Clear after that until Aspen Park where there is icy conditions

Brianne B. 7am
Just got to Lakewood from Bailey roads are mostly wet but starts to get snow covered around Conifer but no real slick spots.

28 Oct 2023 18:13 #376 by MountainTownAlerts
Carrie S 5:54pm
285 SB between Kings Valley and Elk Creek is a sheet of ice. Literally sheet of ice! Accidents starting to happen and at a crawling speed. Cars all over the place. There is a car currently facing the wrong direction going SB in the NB lanes.

29 Oct 2023 06:12 #377 by MountainTownAlerts
285 Traveler Group, Clif B. 5:30am on 10/29:
Good morning, today is the day your question is answered. Will these tires work for another winter? Shelton and CR 43 are unplowed, 285 is snowpacked with no lane recognition. I did see plows going south at Shaffers Crossing. 73 is plowed to Blue Creek, then again at the beloved traffic circle in Marshdale. Still snowing as of 5:30 am, about 4 inches in Evergreen. Have a great day

29 Oct 2023 08:32 #378 by MountainTownAlerts
Maliphocent M. 6am conditions:
6:00AM
285N: Snowpack Taproom > Santa Fe/85.
Good All Terrain Tires, 4 wheel drive truck.

Still snowing the whole way into town.
Roads are snowpacked and the plows are out.
Drove 40/45 mph the whole way.
Sections of the canyon are developing slush but wasn’t too sketchy.

09 Nov 2023 06:13 #379 by MountainTownAlerts
Reports from the 285 Traveler Griup:
Lia A 5am
Thursday 11/9 3:30 am-- Truck (pickup) parked on the off ramp (285 Northbound side) for N Turkey Creek Road by Twin Forks. Roads otherwise mostly wet from Pine Junction to C470. Lots of plows out on the road (mostly Southbound), but not active.

Clif B 5:30am
Good morning all, Shelton and 43 snowpacked, 285 is snowpacked until the Park County line then goes to partially snowpacked in spots (funny how that works). 73 is snowpacked but has been sanded. The light at Buffalo Park is slick so give yourself a little extra stopping space. Lots of plows working it. Be safe.

23 Nov 2023 20:30 #380 by MountainTownAlerts
Multiple travelers report icy conditions and black ice on Highway 285 between Windy Point and Richmond Hill Rd.

There are currently two accidents reported at MM 239 and 245, both southbound.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds