Hwy 285 Road Conditions

24 Mar 2024 18:02 #411 by MountainTownAlerts
Becky A. 5:53pm in 285 Traveler Morrison, Conifer, Pine, Bailey areas group
285 has thick coat of snow/slush mix that is super slick! Drive slow and safe!
(Currently headed SB from 470)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2024 06:19 #412 by MountainTownAlerts
Reports from travelers this morning:
Martin A 6am
Conifer to 470. 550-605 (ish)

Average speed 40-55

Roads are still decently warm creating some slush and icy spots. No lane recognition.

2 plows headed southbound by fire station homestead area.

Rtd bus in rt lane in Canyon south bound by big dirt pile/turn off

Cdot has 2 pick up trucks running up and down looking for accidents and stuck vehicles etc

Zachary A 5:35sm
Drove from pleasant park to golden starting at 430. Everything is snow packed and it looks like the plows haven’t been out since last night. Nothing was very slick for me but I was definitely driving at a reduced speed. One semi in the canyon appeared to be stopped south bound and all the cars off the road were from last night. So take it easy give yourself extra time and it will be ok.

Travis L 5:15am
The canyon was very slick ice and slushy. I never lied and I got a loose a couple of times going 35m

Karen E 3:15am
2:30AM Pine Junction to Conifer

It was a nice few days of no snow for my commute, but back to March in Colorado.

Roads are icy. Not as bad as I expected, but they are icy so drive accordingly! It was lightly snowing the whole way.

PJ to the Kum & Go good lane recognition. The hill just past Shaffer's Crossing is slick and there is a semi going NB that can't make it up the hill in the right lane.

After the Kum & Go to Conifer there isn't much lane recognition, but it's not horrible either.

Off ramps have snow in front of them and the turns are slick.

I didn't have any issues, but I did take my time as driving in this stuff is not my favorite thing to do.

Have a good day & drive safe!

25 Mar 2024 07:18 #413 by MountainTownAlerts
Kimberly S 7:12am
Just drove bailey to Denver. 285 snow packed, shaffers crossing is icy so take it slow! Windy point and the canyon are the same. Canyon is more slushy then snowpacked but don't let it fool you! Rtd bus seems to be stuck on other side going up the canyon. Drive safe everyone!

www.facebook.com/share/oQNL1ndyxnaxSzzN/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds