Hwy 285 Road Conditions

14 Jan 2022 13:47 #321 by MountainTownAlerts
285 Travelers:
Anna M. 1:35pm
On my way from Littleton to Pine currently it windy point the canyon seems a lot clearer than it did a half hour to an hour ago there’s still a lot of cars on the side of the road trucks chaining up there’s a bus chaining up in the canyon and plows are heading north down Windy point right now

Kent R 1:19pm
285 South coming up the hill towards Conifer is a mess only one lane plowed and 30 cars stuck on the road

Harold C 1:02pm
Big trucks getting stuck south bound up the hill to windy point. All chaining up. I saw the sand trucks heading up the canyon about 20 minutes ago so hopefully it will get better

Cheri R 12:46pm
Emergency vehicle at foxton exit. Please slow down. Truck on wire barriers.
South bound still moving.

Liz M 12:33pm
Just came through the canyon people are sliding all over the road.

Kat F 12:31pm
FYI - 285 Canyon near Indian Hills SUPER SLICK! 12:30pm. Cars sliding off road and stuck on road

Judy I 12:26pm
Evergreen to Burland Ranchettes Subdivision Bailey Colorado took an hour and 15 minutes. Most of 285 has not been plowed. Take it slow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2022 08:34 #322 by MountainTownAlerts
Updates from 285 Travelers this morning:
Becca T 8:19am
Just drove down the hill from Harris Park to Golden. Left the house at 6:50 this morning roads were dry all the way to Stop For Gas. From Conifer to Golden heavy fog. The ground was just starting to get wet from Parmalee Gulch to C470 with a light sleet mix. No CDot trucks were seen until we got to C470 and Alameda. Hopefully those trucks head up 285 soon as it will be a sheet of ice north and southbound soon if it isn’t already. Please remember to use fog lights and headlights as I seen many who did not have their lights on and a couple also did not have brake lights working. Now would be a good time to check if you have all of your headlight and break lights working before heading out.

Jess I 7:18am
Really foggy through Evergreen and on down the hill. Drive safe!
ETA: it’s misting from Tiny Town down, the road has a sheen to it, will be icy soon I’m sure!

Julia C 7:02am
FYI Parmalee gulch to Lakewood at 615 am, roads are fine, no precipitation but at 630 pulling into Lutheran hospital freezing rain starting down here

Webcam views: foggy from Conifer through to C470, clear in Pine Junction and Bailey
mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Attachments:

19 Jan 2022 09:01 #323 by MountainTownAlerts
Jan S · 3m ·
Warning: 285 not far from Parmalee Gulch solid ice AND THICK FOG. Cars sliding and my daughter- with 4WD and snow tires got in a minor accident with her side air bag going off.
Another family member just called me from the side of the road in the canyon to report the same conditions!

20 Jan 2022 07:11 #324 by MountainTownAlerts
Reports from 285 Travelers this morning:
Nali L 6:44am
Just went Bailey to Westminster. Dry for the most part

Kassie G 6:20am
For those asking last night for a morning update. 285 was dry through conifer, after myers starts to have wet spots, fully wet by canyon but doesn’t seem icy. 470 was a mix of wet/dry. Side streets in Lakewood mostly wet with some icy spots (I took alameda and simms)

Rick S 56m ago
5:15-6:15am Bailey-denver road clear, normal speeds

Clif B 1+hr ago
43,285,73 all dry this morning

25 Jan 2022 08:29 #325 by MountainTownAlerts
Updates from 285 Travelers:
Jennifer K 7:37am
snow covered but not many people on the road so not bad to get to Fairplay [from Bailey].

Simone S 7:09am
Windy Point 7am
Snow and sleet , lanes are beginning to get slick. Hubby said Denver has more snow than we do currently.
Safe travels!

Jim D 5:52am
Just drove 285 NB from Conifer to Wads. Lane recognition slowly deteriorating not much snow yet but building. Maintained 55 most of the way. Turns to slush through the canyons 40 mph and then to wet at the Morrison exit to Wads. Passed 4 plows headed SB at Simms .Be safe today all

Clif B 5:16am
Good morning, 43 has just a trace of snow as of 430 am. 285 is mostly clear until you get to the top of Richmond then surprise, no lane recognition and its coming down pretty good, 73 has just enough to cover the lanes until Valley Hi then it improves until the roundabout then back to no lanes and snowing a bit harder into Evergreen not much on the ground but just enough to hide that ice underneath to but ya on the ground starring up wondering why you can see stars

Webcam views: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
0.6mi from N Turkey Creek Rd

Windy Point

Aspen Peak Cellars in Bailey
Attachments:

28 Jan 2022 07:06 #326 by MountainTownAlerts
Heads up! Travelers are warning there’s a large patch of black ice on Hwy 285 NB at/around Kings Valley-Richmond Hill. Other than that, roads are in pretty good shape. Happy Friday!

mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Attachments:

10 Feb 2022 18:42 #327 by MountainTownAlerts
Per cosmiccowboy55: several vehicles are reported to have slid off the road on Hwy 285 at MM 166. There's apparently a large patch of black ice. Please take extra caution when traveling through there.

15 Feb 2022 15:40 #328 by MountainTownAlerts
A member of the 285 Traveler group has posted that the stoplight at CR 43 and Hwy 285 is out. Please treat the intersection as if it's a 4-way stop until it is fixed.

15 Feb 2022 17:31 #329 by MountainTownAlerts
Per a resident, High Grade Rd off of Pleasant Park Rd in Conifer is closed due to a police investigation. We don't know when it will re-open.

22 Feb 2022 07:04 #330 by MountainTownAlerts
From Clif B in 285 Traveler 1hr ago:
Sheldon and 43 unplowed as of 415 this morning so no lane recognition 285 has been plowed but still no lane recognition no real problem areas that I found 73 is once again a head scratcher south os Marshdale it's between plowed and groomed north oh Marshdale has been sanded not much snow in Evergreen 1/4 inch or so.Have a good day

Time to create page: 0.681 seconds