Hwy 285 Road Conditions

08 Apr 2021 07:24 #271 by MountainTownAlerts
Jude C. 7:00am
Just FYI if you are heading down North Turkey Creek towards 285 this morning. Just last the last houses...HUGE rocks slide down onto the other mane nearest the mountain. Jeffco Police there warning people. Not sure how they'll get them off the road...they are pretty big.

Erin M. 7:12am
It’s being cleared. There are flaggers controlling traffic, but road is now clear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2021 06:39 #272 by MountainTownAlerts
Clif B. 5:30am
Good morning roads are mostly just wet this morning 43 has a few spots that were cold enough to collect some snow mostly west of the straight away 73 has the same deal small areas of slickness snowing pretty good in Evergreen so conditions will probably change 285 is dry

Andi R. 6:15am
North Turkey had snow patches, 285 was wetish, and dry down the hill

14 Apr 2021 06:44 #273 by MountainTownAlerts
From Clif B. 5:30am
Good morning, 43 is partially snowpacked, 285 is just wet there is some fog at Pine Junction and at the top of Richmond hill, 73 is partially snowpacked and is slick is spots, it looks just wet then the tires break loose and instant pucker factor. Have a great day!

14 Apr 2021 07:05 #274 by MountainTownAlerts
Darby A. 7:03am
285 coming northbound into Conifer is deceptive- very icy!! Drive safe, fellow travelers.

14 Apr 2021 07:28 #275 by MountainTownAlerts
Pam B. 7:20am
Driving from Bailey to the city, roads have areas of thin layers of ice. It is deceptively slick, roads are untreated and unsanded. Drive slower than you think you need to, you won't be sorry.

14 Apr 2021 09:02 #276 by MountainTownAlerts
Jessica C. 8:50am
North Turkey Creek is a fun game of which tires are gonna lose traction where? No sanding yet but you can tell where the ice patches are because they are a little milkier in color

Shaun K. 8:44am
Jefferson to Denver a couple of hours ago. Just typical winter driving conditions, watch your speed and you will be fine

Doug A. 8:33am
Just took kids to school. Bad spot looks to be Richmond Hill Rd to Safeway exit. Very slick in spots

Robin H. 8:23am
Yes very icy on 285 especially from Richmond Hill to Conifer. I have a vehicle built for bad weather and snow with great tires and my traction control was working overtime that whole stretch. Cars were sliding all around me.

Salesa H. 8:10am
285 between Conifer and N Turkey creek slick in spots. Traffic was moving about 40 mph so people were actually slowing down for the road conditions. 73 near the HS and other roads in Conifer were much worse with 73 being a sheet of ice near Barclay Rd intersection and HS. Crews are out in places putting down sand mix but didn’t appear to be hitting 73 at all yet. I have a Ford Explorer with new tires and was sliding around in the snow/ice mode of AWD

I noticed that driving back from the HS around 7:45. It was worse then that at 7:00 when we left.

Jennipher C. 7:55am
Roads are CRAZY BAD. STAY HOME. We are on good tires, 4 wheel drive and sliding like nuts.
Our dog training Classes are canceled today..

14 Apr 2021 09:07 #277 by MountainTownAlerts

15 Apr 2021 06:40 #278 by MountainTownAlerts
Susanne B. 5:50am
Not bad, I did speed limit all the way down

Dina S. 5:51 am
I drove conifer to Littleton- roads great. Don't know about pine- conifer.

Clif B. 5:57am
Good morning all 43 is mostly snowpacked 285 looks just wet however I did get a little slippage on the hill going up to pine junction so there are spots of ice 73 is mostly just wet once again there are some spots that will demand your attention. Have a great day !

Casey A. 6:13am
Right lane of SB 285 at windy point blocked. There's a car on its side with a lot of EMS on scene and en route

Andi R. 6:24am
Herd of deer at Twin Forks next to on ramp (North Turkey Cr)

15 Apr 2021 08:50 #279 by MountainTownAlerts
Veronique B. 8:47am
Top of 43 down, ice/snow - drive slow. 285 from Bailey to Pine, ice patches. 285 Pine to Littleton, ok. Be safe.

16 Apr 2021 07:03 #280 by MountainTownAlerts
Traveler’s Reports April 16, 2021
Clif B. 6am
Good morning all, 43 is snowpacked and unplowed 285 has been plowed but no lane recognition and they drop some sand going down to Shaffers crossing 73 has been plowed however its narrow in the narrows with no road shoulder visible so if you meet oncoming traffic be careful. On a lighter side if you take a deep breath and can take your eyes off the road for a split second it sure is Purdy

Kristin S. 6:05am
Just went from conifer to Englewood; 6 am. Light traffic (what I was hoping for!). Took it slow and arrived safely. Normal slippery spots - windy pt and the canyon.

Stefanie E. 6:05am
Just drove down from Conifer to 470/70. 285 is snow packed, slushy and slick in places. Same for 470 and 70. Drive slow. Be safe.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds