Hwy 285 Road Conditions

27 Jan 2021 07:14 #251 by MountainTownAlerts
Road conditions reported by 285 Travelers:
Clif B. 35m ago
43 is still snowpacked 285 is partially snowpacked but with good lane recognition 73 is pretty slick till Barkley rd then partially snowpacked all in all not a horrible drive

Butch O. 1hr ago
Icy in spots not too bad just be careful.

Darby A. 1hr ago
Pretty clear. Icy on edges.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2021 05:35 #252 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Derek G. 5:25M
285 between Como and Kenosha has blowing snow and is a sheet of ice. Given other recent safety closures, I’m actually surprised the road is open.

11 Feb 2021 14:50 #253 by MountainTownAlerts
From Grant C. 18m ago in the 285 Traveler Group:

just made a run from Jefferson to Bailey, 285 from Jeff to bottom of Kenosha is a sheet of ice, rollover on south side on my way to Bailey and 2 trucks in the ditch on the north side on the way back, be careful! On the bright side, 77 is bone dry!

24 Feb 2021 18:49 - 24 Feb 2021 18:50 #254 by MountainTownAlerts
From Jessica C. 1m
Well that deteriorated quickly. Drove North Turkey Creek to 73 to Aspen Park to go to the store for 10 minutes, by the time we left there was absolutely no lane recognition at least an inch of snow on the ground and driving in Star Wars conditions the whole way back. be safe out there. No plows yet on NTC or 73.

Passenger vehicle traction law is in effect between Pine Junction and C-470. Accident Alert is also in effect.

Here's the view in CDOT's webcam 0.9 miles north of N. Turkey Creek Rd.
Attachments:

05 Mar 2021 07:25 #255 by MountainTownAlerts
Road conditions reported by 285 Travelers:
Jeanette S. 24min ago
I came from FairPlay this morning, Hoosier pass is a little icy but semi snow packed. It’s not bad.

Isai C. 1hr ago
Just made the drive down from Meyer Ranch, 285 snow packed with icy spots all the way til hwy 8. From there road slightly wet, once you get down to C470 pavement is dry. Hwy 6 and 93 dry with some wet spots all the way into Boulder.

Clif B. 1hr ago
Good morning folks as usual 43 is snowpacked and icy in the usual spots 285 surprised me it is in good shape until you hit kings valley then it starts to get slick 73 is a skating rink the sand truck has been through but some spots are glaze ice. Happy Friday

10 Mar 2021 03:08 - 10 Mar 2021 03:20 #256 by MountainTownAlerts
Roads are wet and becoming snow-covered. View in CDOT webcams as of 3am: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic

Hwy 285 at N Turkey Creek Rd

Hwy 285 at Pleasant Park Rd

Hwy 285 in Bailey

CDOT Map of road conditions:
Attachments:

10 Mar 2021 05:40 #257 by MountainTownAlerts
Clif B. 5:35am
Good Morning folks I'm gonna start with Sheldon if your coming down to 43 the s curve right before 43 is really slick 43 its self is partially snowpacked and slushy and of coarse unplowed 285 is not to bad but is slushy also its foggy on the top of Richmond 73 is unplowed and slick (more slush) it started snowing in Marshdale. Watch the S curve this road report was at 430 am. Watch out for your fellow 285 travelers some are in a rush

14 Mar 2021 09:22 #258 by MountainTownAlerts
Road conditions as reported by 285 Travelers:
Clif B. 53m ago
Ok just drove from elk meadows to Evergreen 1.5 hours 43 unplowed 285 has been plowed but not for awhile if you can believe it Park county Cdot is better than jeffco this morning, pine is your turn around point if your having second thoughts, cause it only gets worse from there plows are out but of course are going south instead of north 0 lane recognition let alone road recognition if ya dont have to this morning dont let the boys and girls of cdot do what they do, oh 73 forgetaboutit.

Jennifer D. 35m ago
My husband just came up 285 to North Turkey Creek. He said roads are plowed but the snow is blowing so it’s treacherous. He was in a full sized Truck with new tires. He had to pull one person out that was stuck in a FWD car.

15 Mar 2021 08:51 #259 by MountainTownAlerts
285 Traveler reported road conditions:
Jordan K. 27m
285 from crow hill to Shafer crossing is nothing but snow packed road couldn't see a single line or the road itself and side roads are worse stay home stay safe

Phil T. 15m
126 to 285 is clear and sanded 815am Monday. 285 plowed and sanded from the stoplight in Pine to Turkey creek area- 840am Monday- speed for me was good

Suzy S. 2hr
Bailey to FairPlay this morning. Snow packed and icy in some areas but overall smooth travel with snow tires.

Clif B. 2hr
Roads are much improved from yesterday 43 is snowpacked 285 is also snowpacked but there is some lane recognition watch out at wandercest just before pine junction somebody pushed about a foot over snow across the road and thought it was a good idea to leave it, 73 is snowpacked and has been sanded from marshdale to Evergreen

Mary H. And Jon G. 1hr
Shadow Mountain is plowed

17 Mar 2021 08:22 - 17 Mar 2021 08:27 #260 by MountainTownAlerts
Road conditions reported by travelers:
Clif B. 2hr
Roads not to bad this morning 43 is partially snowpacked 285 is also partially snowpacked until pine junction then its looks like they were treated and appear wet a little fog on Richmond hill 73 had a dusting of snow but in pretty good shape its snowing lightly from Marshdale to Evergreen. Happy St Patrick's day !!!

James R. 38m
No problems came down about 630am. Aspen Park to C470

Dustin D. 1m
Just came down from bailey and the roads are just wet, maybe a little Icy here and there. Just go the speed limit and you'll be fine

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds