Hwy 285 Road Conditions

09 Sep 2020 07:55 #231 by MountainTownAlerts
Travel Alerts September 9, 2020

Webcam views: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Little Britches Boutique in Conifer

Reports from Travelers:
Shaun K. 7:50am
Just ran Jefferson to Denver. A few icy spots, nothing to get excited about.

Josephina B.
(9/9/2020 @ 7:10 am) I just got to Englewood from top of Shadow Mountain. Shadow Mountain was okay, a little sketchy in spots. 285 was mostly dry. The bridges are a bit icy. The bridge over Twin Forks going north is a skating rink (6:45 am), be careful coming down and around that curve.

Simone S. 7am
Windy Point All Clear!

Kassie G. 6am
Just came down the hill from conifer. Mainly just wet, some icy spots mainly just in the canyon. Pretty good drive.

Stesha W. 5:15am
Left como at 2:45 to get to the airport. Got to the airport at 4:35. Roads were a little slick in spots, clear tho. Not snowy.

Clif B. 5am
43 is clear for the most part, 285 is clear until the top of Richmond hill then partially snowpacked and 73 is clear to Evergreen
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2020 17:15 #232 by MountainTownAlerts
From Brianna E:
Due to the lack of bus transportation for schools in our mountain community, there will be increased traffic around school areas. Please be mindful of this. Bus transportation is to resume September 29th.

Yesterday there was quite a back up at the turn lane from southbound to get into the school. And there was an officer out of her patrol vehicle helping.

23 Oct 2020 08:13 #233 by MountainTownAlerts
Travelers are reporting foggy and slick conditions Conifer - Turkey Creek Canyon, particularly at Windy Point. Please be careful heading out this morning! mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Our webcam at Our Lady of the Pines across from Meyer Ranch Open Space Park, Conifer:

CDOT's webcam at N Turkey Creek Rd
Attachments:

25 Oct 2020 10:05 - 25 Oct 2020 10:12 #234 by MountainTownAlerts
Jess A. 9:20am
We are enroute to Denver from Fairplay... hit major fog top of Kenosha but roads have been mostly dry/just wet so far, just hit Turkey Creek Canyon. it’s getting icier. We just pulled off in Indian Hills for a minute, looks like the canyon to 470 might be nasty

Tom B. 9:20am
Just drove from Shawnee to bailey. Snows just starting here but gets worse as you head north. Roads are just starting cover and ice a little. I wouldn't wait much longer.

Jessica M. 9am
I went from Bailey to C470 and Quebec.
Mainly wet until Turkey Creek. C470 gets a little dicey until Santa Fe where I was behind 3 plows.

Jessic C. 8:30am
NTC is slick (NTC = N Turkey Creek Rd)

Susan K. 8am
I came into town at 6am 285 and 470 were snow packed and presumably icy, 70 was just wet.

Cody S. 7:30am
Just came up from Denver. Denver to Conifer is icy but not bad (40-50 in a 4WD). Conifer to Pine Junction is wet but no slipping. Pine Junction to 43 was foggy but pretty dry.

Rick N.
Just went from pine to Highlands Ranch, slick spots for sure, but overall not bad

Katelyn M. 7:30am
Husband is headed from Pine to Iowa today driving and he says he's come across lots of black ice on the roads, super slick. He's on i76 now and what takes him normally 2 hours took closer to 3.

Pamela C. 7am
I came down 2 hrs ago. Extremely foggy, with spots where it was snowing. Was just wet but that was 2 hrs ago. Windy point on was heavily sanded. Had a hard time keeping my windshield ice free. Kept it slow.

Todd H. 7am
I just drove from 72 to Denver International and the roads were ok. I kept it around 40-50 mph due to fog and the chance that it might be icy. But I didn’t slip. (F350 4wd)

Webcam views as of 10am: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Shaggy Sheep in Grant

Aspen Peak Cellars in Bailey

At Elk Creek Fire Department, Richmond Hill Rd, Conifer

At Knit Knook/Colorado Taekwondo Institute, Conifer

At Windy Point, Morrison

26 Oct 2020 05:49 - 26 Oct 2020 06:22 #235 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Travelers:
Clif B. 6am
43 is snowpacked but I did see a park county plow on it this morning 285 snowpacked but not horrible 73 snowpacked no plow if ya take it easy the only true hazard this morning is your fellow travelers

Allen G. 5:15am
Hour fifteen from Richmond Hill Road to 6th Ave and I25 leaving at 0300.

40-50 mph. The short stretch from 470 to 70 to 6th was the worst. VERY SLICK!

Pat K. 4:45am
Good Morning fellow humans ! 8 inches of snow on the ground EASILY in the Fairplay area. It is still coming down.
ON a side note if you haven't heard, WE had 18 new cases of Covid in one week over here... No on in the hospital and no one dead... Stay safe. Happy Monday.

03 Nov 2020 09:10 #236 by MountainTownAlerts
From Nicole L.:
Not sure if it’s still there, but there was a bunch of metal debris in the left lane heading northbound by the teachers retreat at 7:10AM.

09 Nov 2020 16:54 #237 by MountainTownAlerts
ICFPD @ICFPD 27m and 5m
Several agencies working to treat patients, investigate MVCs, and clear the road Hwy 285 NB and SB at Windy Point. Please #slowdown and #moveover for @jeffcosheriffco @csp_golden @ColoradoDOT and @ICFPD

Windy Point Hwy 285 slow down very icy

Jennifer J. 10m
Starting at 4 pm from the top of Parmalee Gulch / Indian Hills to downtown Littleton. Parmalee and 285 to Morrison are both sheets of ice. Saw numerous spin outs. Average speed 15 mph. After morrison roads are slushy then just wet.

Jessica C. 23m
North turkey Creek is basically a sheet of ice

Andy N 43m
Multi vehicle accident at Windy Point in both lanes, also very slick near Conifer Towncenter, use extreme caution.

View in CDOT's Windy Point webcams: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Attachments:

10 Nov 2020 07:08 #238 by MountainTownAlerts
Updates from travelers via the 285 Traveler FB Group:
Jim D. 3m
Came down 285 about 2 hours ago snow packed and icy most of the way. Clears out right after Morrison as usual. Kept it about 50 or so most of the way

Marcus H. 5m
Little slick but not bad at all (for 73 from Conifer to Evergreen).

Andi R. 25m
Came down NTC it was slick so go slow you’ll be fine and take it easy on 285... and there were a couple cars on NTC on the side of the road heading towards marshdale

B. 59m
43 is snowpacked and slick as hell 285 snowpacked most of way and 73 is snowpacked although cdot did drop some sand from Marshdale to Evergreen

Brianna E. 1h
Husband made it to Highlands Ranch from Pine Junction. Took 10-15 minutes longer than normal. His drive home last night took twice as long as normal, and he said conditions were icy. He stated this morning wasn't near as bad as last night.

Be smart, stay safe and take it easy today everyone!

14 Nov 2020 17:28 #239 by MountainTownAlerts
From Kristen P. 5pm
Conifer is deceptively icy. I watched a guy go over the edge 285SB in front of Starbucks. Slow down! Clears up halfway down Richmond hill.

24 Nov 2020 06:36 #240 by MountainTownAlerts
Cody Y 31m
Conifer southbound to Bailey several inches of snow on the road, CDOT Had not been out. I felt comfortable going 40 mph in most areas

Chris L 33m
CR-43 has ice under the unplowed snow and 285 has at least been plowed recently but nothings safe today

Jon G 44m
Southbound 285 completely blocked at the 247 multiple semi stuck, plow truck stuck in traffic

4-6 semis stuck, traffic backing up quick and at least one plow in the backup.

John Morrissey @KOAjetcopter 37m
Its definitely slicker/snowy on the west si de of town and thru the foothills...but I'm seeing a slicker drive developing in other areas, I25, I76, C/E470, and down thru Douglas County. #cotraffic @KOAColorado

Chris Spears @ChrisCBS4 1h
Y’all... about this drive on the west side. It’s slick!!! This is an unusual snow for late November. Full of water ... very spring-like! Team coverage of the latest 4Cast on CBS4 til 7a!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds