Hwy 285 Road Conditions

Replied by MountainTownAlerts on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions

Paul P. 14 mins
Drive from Pine Junction to DIA just now was decent. Just under 2 hours.
Roads were snowy and icy up the hill then got more and more clear until it was just wet near the airport.

Hilary M. 18 mins
5:45 a.m. 285 NB from Twin Forks to town is snow packed/covered, but didn't seem to slick so if you have good tires you should be fine. I went 30-35 mph through the canyon without any troubles. Will get slower as more people get on the road.

Jane B. 33 mins
285 plowed but ice under the snow. Take it easy.

Dawn S. 36 mins
5am Just came down Conifer Mtn and Kennedy Gulch. Conifer Mtn nit plowed about 8" of snow, at the "Y" and down is plowed. A plow was heading up

Jon G. 1 hr
0415-0450
Shadow Mtn to Golden
Shadow Mtn and mist of Aspen Park not plowed. Grader was chaining up by JJ Madwells. 285 snow packed with only right lane down to hard pack. 4 CDOT plows getting on NB 285 from HWY 8 when I went by. SB before Parmalle semi with Trooper stuck right lane. 470 show packed to hard pack.

Remember with the return Tabor not passing last November ever County section got their budget severely cut. For Road and Bridge, less OT for night and weekend plowing and less product on the road.

Laurel M. 2 hrs
Just drove from downtown Denver to bailey. 285 snow packed and some icy parts went about 40-45 mph a few cars passed me. Be careful because it looks like 285 is only plowed by one lane. If you live off 43 it’s literally just piled with snowed and icy. If your going into Denver c470 and 6th were terrible. Icy and snow packed.

Hwy 285 at C-470

Hwy 285 at Parmalee Gulch Rd

Hwy 285 at Windy Point

Hwy 285 in Conifer

Hwy 285 at Richmond Hill Rd
Last edit: 11 Feb 2020 06:39 by MountainTownAlerts.
11 Feb 2020 06:36 #211

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Julie F. 1 min
Blowing and drifting snow on 285 between 470 and Kipling.

Heather W. 44 mins
Roads are dry from Bailey to C470. However watch the big patch of BLACK ICE under the bridge at Parmelee. Blowing drifting snow on c470 on ramp and bowls on ramp.

Chris L. 1 hr
Smooth sailing from Jefferson to conifer so far

Edit to add from Jessica C. on our Facebook Page:
North turkey creek has a lot of black ice
Last edit: 12 Feb 2020 10:47 by MountainTownAlerts.
12 Feb 2020 07:08 #212

Road condition reports from 285 Travelers:

Cam G. 18min ago
Pine to Denver was a little snow packed in spots but you can see the lane almost the whole way down. C470 is just wet.

Andi R. 28min ago
Careful if you merge from NTC there’s no merge lane NB traffic is driving in it..

Kelsey T. 47min ago
It wasn’t too bad, slightly snow packed but pretty clear where tired tracks are. Drove a little slower than usual for sure tho!

Pat K. 1hr ago
Fairplay, clear no wind

Clif B. 1hr ago
Just enough snow to make it a bit slick 43,285,and 73 all snowpacked but I did see plows working

Jessie F. 2hrs ago
285 is patchy snow and ice, C470 is wet. 6th ave is wet.

Butch O. 3hrs ago
Icy snow packed Slick to the bottom of the hill . Just wet in town.
18 Feb 2020 07:12 #213

Andi R. 34min
Snowpacked and some icy spots on 285, 30mph on curves, of course some ppl trying to do normal speeds.. right lane had better lane recognition. Ice and snowpack by c470

I did the speed limit mostly on NTC just slow on curves definitely

Greg D. 31min
Zambonis were out on Shadow Mountain last night.

Alex H. 49min
As of last night there were dropping lots of gravel on N. Turkey and it was in decent shape! The highway is typical this morning. Take your time and you will be fine as it is a bit slick.

Clif B. 1hr
Roads not to bad this morning 43 is of course snowpacked 285 has partial lane recognition and 73 into Evergreen is slick in spots Whatch the top of Richmond for some reason theres always a patch of ice up there

Pat K. 1hr
Thursday morning 5:15. Fairplay half inch of snow on the ground. No wind

Photo of Hwy 285 at Windy Point by Simone Stewart

Meyer Ranch Open Space in Conifer by MMT

Downtown Bailey by CDOT

More webcams: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
20 Feb 2020 07:07 #214
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.589 seconds