Hwy 285 Road Conditions

05 Dec 2019 10:25 #181 by MountainTownAlerts
From travelers postings in the 285 Traveler Group:
Katie Allen 10:19am
10 AM… Windy point and the canyon are wet, but not icy (yet).

Phil Tatro 10:12am
Snow is beginning to show up on the roads from conifer to Pine Junction. About an inch. A little slippery. Take your time.

Dan Courtright 10:10am
Heavy snow accumulating on top of slush at turkey creek. Very slick. Jeeps are getting sideways.

Elizabeth Conwell 10:09am
43 to pine junction the roads are slippery and getting worse.

Betty Barnett 9:23am
A bit nasty driving around Pine this morning. Parts of 285 slick with sticking snow/slush & CR126 covered in snow and slow going.
31 degrees. I'm guessing things will improve as the temperature rises.
Be careful, friends!

Views in the webcams right now: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
At Parmalee Gulch

Windy Point

Meyer Ranch

Kings Valley

Bailey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2019 13:24 #182 by MountainTownAlerts
Several travelers now reporting the roads are just wet. If the temperatures drop, this could change - please use caution.

05 Dec 2019 15:56 #183 by MountainTownAlerts
Jayne Elizabeth 3:42pm

3:30 C470 to Kings Valley:

C470 to Aspen Park: The roads are just wet and it’s raining. The fog however is at its special level of thick and crazy.

Aspen Park to Kings Valley: still raining and the roads are still just wet. The fog isn’t as bad but it’s still a thing.

Clif Barrett 2:30pm

Just got home from Evergreen 73 is just wet as is 285 however 43 is snowpacked a little dicey careful out there

Here are the current views along 285: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
CDOT Parmalee Gulch exit cam

CDOT Windy Point cam

Meyer Ranch Open Space

Knit Knook/Colorado Taekwondo Institute webcam at Conifer Marketplace
Attachments:

16 Dec 2019 06:03 #184 by MountainTownAlerts
As reported by travelers this morning:
Jon Goodale 5:00am

0425-0455
NB 285 / WB 470
Aspen Park to Golden
Snow packed wet in spots
From about North Turkey Creek down right lane is wet, left lane wet with snow packed spots.
WB 470 wet
Subie didn’t care with its new studded snows.

Clif Barrett 5:14am

43 is snowpacked and slick in spots 285 is snowpacked however plows have been out and some lane recognition is possible 73 is snowpacked until marshdale then mostly dry snowing lightly all the way

16 Dec 2019 06:49 #185 by MountainTownAlerts
S Mitchell Brown 2min ago
Bailey to Parker this morning, slick in the usual spots (Windy Point, Turkey Creek, etc.) and there are some who evidently Gods gift to driving in weather that could dial it back a few mph. So take your time and be safe!! Have a great day!!

28 Dec 2019 06:38 #187 by MountainTownAlerts
Hwy 285 Road Conditions as reported by folks in the 285 Traveler Group this morning:
S Mitchell Brown 37min ago
So the drive down the mountain, left at 5 AM little to no snow in Bailey although there is a dusting on the roads most people were cautious, snow and road conditions became a little bit worse as you came down the mountain, 470 slushy little slick only saw two sets of plows between Bailey and Ken Carl so be careful with your trip down the road

Laurel C Miller 1hr ago
Be careful out there. Roads on 285 are slick and snow packed. The snowplows are out. Some spots hard to see. I was coming up to Richmond Hill going southbound and a car the opposite direction was directly in my lane i had to pull off the road. I don’t even think they recognized they were in the oncoming lane!!! Stay safe out there!

Paul and Crystel 1hr ago
Just got to the airport from Bailey. Roads were slick and snow packed to C470. Wet to Pena Blvd. Starting to snow pretty hard as I walked to the terminal. Good luck and be safe everyone.

Conifer

Bailey

Fairplay
Attachments:

28 Dec 2019 11:28 #188 by MountainTownAlerts
Sonya Cohan 1hr ago
I just drove 43 approximately 45 minutes ago it was slick but doable definitely go very slow

Shelly Barrett 31 mins ago
Bailey to C470
ROADS ARE TERRIBLE!!! 43 and 47 haven't been plowed really..I saw a plow headed down 43 right after the grade school. All back roads are snow packed and slick. 285 NB looks to have one lane MARGINALLY clear. Most of the Hwy is snow packed and I almost lost control right at windy point with AWD. VERY VERY ICY and snow packed there.

Once you get to C470 it's mainly wet but I was doing 30 down the canyon and still slid with AWD.

www.facebook.com/groups/496426220843742/

28 Dec 2019 14:01 #189 by MountainTownAlerts
Wes Andrade 1 hr ago
South bound 285 is mostly just wet all the way from 470 (which is also just wet from bowls to 285) to pine jct. Going through the canyon the roads were just wet with a small about of snow starting to stick to the roads. Slightly slick/slushy and snowpacked roads from mountain high chapel, around windy point and coming into conifer. (Not horrible if you keep a steady pace and dont try to do donuts in the middle of the road) 3 disabled vehicles in the windy hill vicinity, 2 on the south bound shoulder, one in the center. One more on the north bound sholder past conifer. From Kum n go to elk creek was just wet. Didnt have any issues going down the hill. Or up the hill to pine jct. Just drive carefully and dont be in a hurry. I was doing about 45 mph the whole way, I probably could've gone a little faster on the clearer sections but my hubs were locked in and it doesn't like going faster than that. Multiple teams of plows are keeping up with the snow north bound and south bound, Great job CDOT/jeffco Road and bridge crews!

28 Dec 2019 15:01 #190 by MountainTownAlerts
Aimee Youngers Pless 5 mins ago
2:50 update- Multiple cars off the road at windy point; slow southbound traffic. Drive safe!

Scanner:
Inter-Canyon has been called to assist with a vehicle off the road at MM240 (Windy Point)

Time to create page: 0.818 seconds