Hwy 285 Road Conditions

03 Feb 2020 09:08 #201 by MountainTownAlerts
Comments on road conditions by members of the 285 Traveler Group:
Erin McEwan 1h
285 was fine from N.Turkey creek down to C470 at about 6:15. It might be getting icier. It was wet, but temps were dropping.

Bernadette Hisel 1h
My husband said it was getting bad when he left the house around 6:00 a.m. this morning.

Elva Neil 1h
Came from Conifer to Littleton about an hour ago, no problems just some fog.

Eric Evans 1h
Windy Point was slick

Chris Nielsen 1h
Roads are icing up quick

Cassius Kayser 1h
Freezing drizzle on roads and windshield between PJ & Conifer. Make sure that washer fluid is stocked up.

Ingrid Stitt Wilson 1h
Roads just wet from Crow Hill to Conifer

Johnett Nelson 59min
Denver is icy

Luca Fabbri 59min
I just got to DTC from Kings Valley. Roads were fine, but there was a light freezing drizzle that I'd expect to cause a problem sooner rather than later.

Bob Hephner 58min
Just came from conifer to 470. Roads wet with drizzle that will turn to freezing rain soon.

Sas Martin 55min
Sas Martin Heading down it’s super wet, getting foggy, going to do what we have to go and get back up ASAP! Starting down the hill thick and moving up.

Roya Mogadam 53 mins
Ice fog Conifer to Morrison. Roads seem to be treated but please be still be careful. Freezing temps and freezing rain. 470 to 70 congested.

Julie Jordan Hendricks 50min
It was definitely freezing right off King’s Valley

Yvonne Wpoint 38min
around Windy Point the roads might be icy soon, husband just drove through on his way to DIA. Ice started to build up on his windshield, temps are about 18F right now

Randy Romanin 29min
Watch out by Morrison it’s pure black ice

Jessica Hydle Crowe 28min
Lesser Street are not treated. North Turkey Creek had a lot of black ice

Lauren Achziger 24min
73 is icy with freezing fog, very misleading when the roads look "wet" only. allow plenty of space between cars

Danny Mason 20min
It’s slick!!!!

Claudia Mary 13min
Just passing an accident NB 285 at 470 east on- ramp. White van rolled on to frontage road, lots of emergency vehicles ... traffic backed up to Morrison off ramp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Feb 2020 11:15 - 03 Feb 2020 11:16 #202 by MountainTownAlerts
Attachments:

03 Feb 2020 14:25 - 03 Feb 2020 14:28 #203 by MountainTownAlerts
Alicia Sinnock Just now
I drove this about a half hour ago. The snow hadn't gotten too bad yet, and the road wasn't that bad either. It's slushy and wet, and may freeze again later today. But I went slow, and was just fine

Dona Kenney Funches Just now
Just got home. 470 and lucent to Kittredge. 45 minutes not bad time wise. 470 is just wet. 285 slushy and icy. Parmalee has the usual icy spots. Slow and steady will get you where you are going

Bridget Castillo 37 mins
Roads from 470 up to Aspen Park don’t look horrible but they are super icy! Truck over the side just North of Meyer Ranch on NB side.

Kel Lee 40 mins
I just came Conifer to Bailey and snow is starting to stick on the highway. Slick spots in the usual suspect corners. It'll probably build up quickly.

03 Feb 2020 14:43 #204 by MountainTownAlerts
Current view from some of the webcams at mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
near N Turkey Creek Rd, Morrison

at Windy Point, Morrison

at Shaffer's Crossing/S Elk Creek Rd

at IMHS in Pine Junction

at Aspen Peak Cellars in Bailey

04 Feb 2020 06:43 #205 by MountainTownAlerts
Clif Barrett 1 hr
Ok cold this morning, 43 is of coarse snowpacked not much plow activity 285 snowpacked but I did see plows working and 73 is also plowed I'd say your biggest worry this morning is your fellow 285 travelers

Brianna Enderich 42 mins
Husband drove Pine Junction to Highlands Ranch, took about 15 minutes longer than normal. He says roads are icy, but not too bad.

Safe travels!

Paula Bechtel 41 mins
Just drove Pine Junction to Aurora. Snow packed most of the way down to the city. The snow plows have been out and busy, thanks very much to all the snow plow drivers!!! Leave early and take plenty of time and you shouldn’t have any problem with good tires. Safe driving everyone!!

Joe Ozimek 40 mins
Kings valley to 470 roads are snowpacked but able to go about 40 most of the way, 4x4 truck with good tires

07 Feb 2020 07:05 - 07 Feb 2020 07:33 #206 by MountainTownAlerts
Clif Barrett 1 hr
Good morning 285 travelers it's a tough one this morning 43 is not plowed as of 4am so oncoming traffic will give ya pucker factor 285 was plowed sometime overnight but needs it again I did see plows headed south on the top of Richmond and 73 has been plowed but still had a couple of inches on the surface good luck stay safe drive slower

Aimee Youngers Pless 1 hr
6:00am Kings Valley to Aspen Park: some side roads totally unplowed. 285 snowpacked but plowed- I went about 35 mph the whole way but cars were passing me. Snow still coming down- seems worse as you drive north. Be safe!

7min ago And 285 southbound was worse on my way back- parched unplowed. Lots of drivers going to fast so things will definitely be worse when more crazies hit the road

Kelsey Tiberi 34min
From Conifer Mtn do Denver at 5am: Kennedy Gulch was plowed up to the split. 285 snow packed, drive about 35 with other vehicles passing me, not too fast tho. Plow trucks were out. C470 and 6th Ave also snow packed, similar to 285. Visibility was good, just can’t see lines.

Hannah Gonzales 24 mins
Just drove up from Littleton. 285 was just snow packed but go slow and you will be fine

mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic/285-w...ferson-to-south-park
Knit Knook/Colorado Taekwondo Institute webcam at Conifer Marketplace

IMHS in Pine Junction

Aspen Peak Cellars in Bailey

CDOT webcam in Jefferson

07 Feb 2020 12:57 #207 by MountainTownAlerts
According to travelers, there are multiple semis stuck Hwy 285 SB in Turkey Creek Canyon that is causing backups.

09 Feb 2020 09:59 - 09 Feb 2020 10:03 #208 by MountainTownAlerts
Kathy Willers Just now
As of 8a-9a, 126 from Pine to Deckers has not seen a plow. Snow is/was 3-4 inches deep. Deckers to West Creek also no plow but snow is much lighter. Drive is doable with a properly equipped vehicle and slow speeds.

Dawn Wanser 16 mins
You will definitely need your four-wheel-drive this morning. Drove from Willow wisp in Bailey took 285 then down 73 and on to 74 to 1-70 and Genesee. Roads are very lightly plowed, icy and snow packed. Slick in the usual spots on 285. You want to give yourself some time! First pic is 285 second is 73

Kristen Hosman 37 mins
2/9 9am: Pine Junction to Fairplay, roads have been plowed, snow coming down good. Wind seems to be at bay but visibility is not great. Drive to arrive alive.

Samantha Stanley 59 mins
Coming in from 285 towards KZ at about 8a it was not plowed but may be now.

Edit: the other side heading towards 285 seemed better. Some sand was laid down.

Jennifer Dugan 1 hr
Coming from Bailey (where we have huge sticky flakes) NB not too horrible if you follow the lane already taken (the rest of the road is pretty much snow covered) In Conifer just saw 3 snow plows SB near Safeway. Side roads are definitely treacherous. I haven't seen any break in the snow. Stay safe

Update, the luge is in full force. 4WD, 25mph and we slid pretty good. Please be careful.

Pascal Brody 1 hr
Current 285 (Conifer area) condition is snowpack with some road (but no lane lines) visible. Mind merging in or exiting as even snow tires may skid. With melt-off yesterday and being 18 degrees, smart to assume there’s ice in places (definitely under the snow on side roads)

Brianna Enderich 2 hrs
Lakewood to Pine Junction

6:20am - 7:10am

Fog has risen. But still lingering. Roads are snowpacked. Seemed to be a bit more slushy before 470. Two semis, off the road, chaining up in the canyon. In the areas Morrison PD normally sits.

Followed two plows from Richmond Hill.

I noticed it was slick in the canyon but couldn't tell else where.

Drive safe everyone!

10 Feb 2020 07:15 - 10 Feb 2020 07:16 #209 by MountainTownAlerts
Chrissy Ivan shared her first post. 6 mins
If you are going north bound on 285 towards Denver, be careful. The highway is icy in spots, especially at the top of Richmond hill, saw 2 cars almost lose control due to ice on the curve.

Heather Molde Goss 29 mins
There is a roll over at the merge point in Pine Junction heading towards Bailey. Southbound

Jacqueline Angelo 1 hr
Black ice northbound 285 at the top of Richmond Hill. It comes out of nowhere. Drive slowly and safely

Paula Bechtel 1 hr
Pine Junction to Aurora. 285 in good condition all the way to I-25. A few spots that could be icy at Windy Point. Turkey Creek Canyon dry all the way through. Safe travels everyone.

Kim Burton 1 hr
Watch out for those little sneaky patches of black ice.

10 Feb 2020 08:01 #210 by MountainTownAlerts

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds