The snow is coming down mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Hwy 285 at C470 - the Hogback

Hwy 285 at CO 8

Windy Point

Meyer Ranch Open Space from Our Lady of the Pines

Richmond Hill Rd

IMHS in Pine Junction

Aspen Peak Cellars in Bailey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2019 09:09 - 28 Oct 2019 09:11 #152 by MountainTownAlerts
Kanda Finch
11 mins ago in 285 Traveler group

Good morning everybody, traveling down 285 from pine Junction to C40 just now. Slushy, icy, cold, just go slow stay in a low gear you'll be fine be safe and everyone have a really great day

Steve Neis
17 mins

Just drove from Parmalee down to Kipling. We were behind plows still going 25-30mph. Noticed plows in SB lanes too. Still snow covered with tracks for wheels. Tracks are still slippery. Noticed that the 2 corners before the Morrison exit had visible ice. Use caution, I would go slow until after the Morrison exit. Just my $0.02.

Hwy 285 southbound from C470 - CDOT

Windy Point

IMHS in Pine Junction

Aspen Peak Cellars in Bailey

mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Attachments:

29 Oct 2019 06:41 #153 by MountainTownAlerts
Updates this morning from the 285 Traveler Group:
Yamile 9min ago

Made it to 470 safely from Pine Junction. Everyone is doing 30. Saw a car on the side but it may have been there since yesterday. Highway is covered but not by much. Plows are out.

Honestly, going down wasn’t bad but this is going to continue and if it continues like this, going back up the mountain is going to be horrible. Stay home if you can.

285 from bailey to c470 conditions (comments posted 54 to 18min ago)

Just drove through there about 45 min ago. The road was kinda covered and slick.

Dry till Pine Junction a little snowy till Windy point when the point gets a little nasty canyon is snowpacked 470 is fairly clear take your time

Snow started lightly coming through Aspen Park, heavier snow and fog over Windy Point; heavier snow staring in Turkey Creek Canyon, and going East down in town is getting heavier. Be careful out there today!

At twin forks now - 546am, snowing heavily. Snow on roads, but still clear tire paths. That will change.

Just drove Bailey to Golden and snow is picking up and really windy in areas. Tracks were getting hard to see with the wind.

I drive Bailey to Littleton snow is picking up. I did 40 - 45 and did fine. Windy point wasn't bad.

Windy point to peoria and i70(aurora) took 50 minutes leaving around 5am. worst was at indian hills, seems to be a lot more snow coming down now though

I left bailey at 5, watched the road get progressively worse, decided at turkey creek it wasn't worth getting stuck in town so turned around. What was dry at 5 was snow covered by 6, school bus at shaffers crossing had chains on. Traffic was going about 40 down the hill and starting to slow down from that as it got worse.

29 Oct 2019 07:58 #154 by MountainTownAlerts
Jane Kenner Smith on our Facebook Page just now:
73 is snow packed, no plows yet. Bailey to Evergreen 1 hr at 6 am.

29 Oct 2019 08:52 - 29 Oct 2019 08:57 #155 by MountainTownAlerts
From Naomi on our Facebook Page 11min ago:

Just came from Lakewood to Bailey. The roads were okay, it’s mostly just powder and the plows are doing a great job.
Some cars had slid off to the side, but I kept my speed pretty slow and didn’t lose traction at all.
Friendly reminder that some of us do not have a choice but to drive in it, and we prefer to go slow!
The Northbound road looked way better than the southbound, and it was actually worse in the city. Stay safe, everyone!

Latest updates from 285 Traveler Group:
7min ago

470 north is stop and go

16min ago

Aspen Park to Indian Hills... not bad... slow and steady. Lanes on 285 and Parmalee was covered but aok.

1 hour ago:

Just came down from bailey, roads not bad, snowing, 40mph most of the way, took about 50 mins to make it to union and alameda

Conifer 285 to Aspen Park and back 7am and 7:30am: two, 4' "lanes" plowed NB. One 4' lane plowed SB. Snow is coming down hard intermittently and cars going a slow 35mph. Visibility is a problem. Slow and steady if you go...

30 Oct 2019 06:23 #156 by MountainTownAlerts
Reports from the 285 Traveler Group this morning:

Left at 2:50am from Bailey for the airport and the plow drivers have done an excellent job. Snow packed the entire way and went 40-45 no problem. The roads are much worse in town.

5 o'clock a.m. Wednesday morning Turkey Creek Canyon is snow packed but there are areas of twotrack where pavement at showing through. Didn't experience any slick spots just drove through slow

Drive from DCVR to 285. It's plowed. Just take it slow on the normal curves and you'll be just fine.

30 Oct 2019 07:55 #157 by MountainTownAlerts
From Shannon Breland 12 mins ago
73 is a crap show. From Evergreen Meadows to the round about is an ice rink. S curves are slushy and slick. From library to the dam, another ice rink. 74 slick in spots but not as bad.

06 Nov 2019 15:33 #158 by MountainTownAlerts
Heavy fog has rolled into the Foothills, socking in both I-70 and Hwy 285 from Morrison out to about Richmond Hill Rd. Please use caution near any stretches that cars could be turning onto or off of the highway, and turn on your lights for safety.
Windy Point:

My Mountain Town webcam at Elk Creek Fire, Richmond Hill Rd exit:

mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Attachments:

06 Nov 2019 19:30 #159 by MountainTownAlerts
From the 285 Traveler Group:
Paula Bechtel 29min ago
I've been home for about half an hour. I drove from Aurora to Pine Junction area. 285 in the city was wet with temps dropping so probably will start to freeze, especially the overpasses. Roads were dry from Aspen Park to Pine Junction but with the fog and mist I'm sure that will change soon. Be safe as the temps drop!!

Heidi Sage 29min ago
I just came up [N Turkey Creek] 15 minutes ago and slid twice. Go very slow.

Claudia Mary 6min ago
Claudia Mary Just got up to Shaffer's Crossing...freezing drizzle and thick fog on the luge... roads wet and icy ...less fog around Conifer but the fog returns at about Richmond Hill. Kinna rough. Stay safe!

06 Nov 2019 20:01 #160 by MountainTownAlerts
Kiki Williams 7 mins ago in 285 Traveler Group
Heads up! We just set out on S. Turkey Creek to the airport, and the roads are covered in a sheet of black ice. Anyone driving tonight or heading out early in the morning, be careful and drive slow! I don’t think CDOT planned for this event, so no de-icing or sanding being done.

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds